Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    First world problem, truly.

If you don't like your job, look for a new one. Simple as that.

From the responses to this thread, most people don't use the word 'hate' properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    Hi there.

I have a big issue and I have no idea where I should look for help or who to ask...

Well last year I worked for a company that exploits the workers. They didnt payed, we worked on weekends and holidays. Didnt got the overtime back or payed out... some people still have free days because of the last christmas & new year and there is no compensation day in sight and there was much more bad stuff. (still in contact with some colleagues)
    So I left this company before christmas and looked for a new one.

Since one month I got a new job as an accountant. Good payment, nice superior, nice colleagues, work itself isnt stressfull or hard BUT I dont like it. I really tried to force myself to like it because everything about this job is good. Only the thing I´m doing isn´t. It also would be my chance to set foot into a normal life.
    But I got sick because of it... can´t eat, medics dont help and I fell like shit. Doctor sayed I should stay at home for a whole week (have already been at home for 3 days.)

I´m gona lose this job for certain but I´m not so sad about it because I would really like to do something else.

Now I know that my friends and family will be upset or disappointet, I´m even upset and disappointet about myself...

But am I just a lazy weakling? If I would get another chance in this company should I just bear it and stay or would it be smarter to search for something else? I´m just sad and confused right now
    You just sound disappointed with your place in life atm. I have been in the same situation where I left jobs because I wasn't "happy" working there. Then one day in my late 20's, I realized work is not play. So long as I enjoy my surroundings, I don't mind doing a job that sucks. The pay is good, the people are good, and the management is good. Those outweigh how I feel about the tasks I take on.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair accountancy is a boring job, maybe you should consider retraining in something else if you can afford too.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you should suck it up and "be a man". If you don't like your current job keep it until you find a second job that seems better and then ditch the last one.

Also I'm fairly certain there's a stereotype out there for depressed accountants.

Although to be honest if it sounds like you like the people and the work environment is okay and that you aren't satisfied with your lot in life. Is there anyway to advance in your profession? A little ambition's a good thing and you could probably make something out of your job like, I don't know, become head accountant or something? I'm not an accountant.

Something to consider besides just simply leaving a perfectly fine job in a time that jobs aren't exactly plentiful.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2014-08-27 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post

Most people don't use the word 'hate' properly.
    Word'em up.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Word'em up.
    It's the code word.