Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Combat] Why kind of numbers are you dishing out?

Now maining a rogue in 6.0

I'm 567 ilvl (with Sigil of Rampage) and I'm around 10-12k on fights in SOO on heroic. I'm not familiar with the numbers yet so i don't know what's good to be pulling and what's bad. I also don't have meta or cloak.

Anyways, i'm just curious to see how i par up with other combat rogues and to see if i should be pulling more or if i'm doing good. Also, are combat rogues still having Slow-Fast as a setup? I'm currently using Protectors fist weapon and garrosh heirloom dagger.
    Last edited by Galilei; 2014-10-24 at 05:36 PM.

What you state here all sounds good to me. I don't know if slow/slow has replaced slow/fast - but that arguement was always based around the ilvl of the offhand, if the fast one has higher ilvl use that 1. Honestly 2 slow weapons only increase your Killing spree damage (from what i understand). Don't forget to change all gems from Agil, none should be agil - all should be +20haste or +10haste/+10crit or +20 crit.

Sadly even pushing it to max, combat looks like it is in the basement as far as the dps it puts out of the 3 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    What you state here all sounds good to me. I don't know if slow/slow has replaced slow/fast - but that arguement was always based around the ilvl of the offhand, if the fast one has higher ilvl use that 1. Honestly 2 slow weapons only increase your Killing spree damage (from what i understand). Don't forget to change all gems from Agil, none should be agil - all should be +20haste or +10haste/+10crit or +20 crit.

Sadly even pushing it to max, combat looks like it is in the basement as far as the dps it puts out of the 3 specs.
    I'm looking to go assassin. But haven't found another dagger yet. and since my mainhand is HWF, i'm kind of okay with sticking with combat for the time being.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running a slow/slow step up, with 585 ilvl The dps i'm pulling at is around 17-18k single target. With SoO fights and adds it can vary from 21k-30k. It also depends on your group and if your killing the boss pretty damn fast. Most of my gems are all haste with some as agi/haste

573 pulling 12-16k on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    I'm running a slow/slow step up, with 585 ilvl The dps i'm pulling at is around 17-18k single target. With SoO fights and adds it can vary from 21k-30k. It also depends on your group and if your killing the boss pretty damn fast. Most of my gems are all haste with some as agi/haste
    Yea that's all i had pre-6.0, but since then I read that for combat ist all haste and haste/crit... I was suprised too. I believe I read it on Noxxic.

Deleted
    rankings/server/283/latest/#metric=dps&class=Rogue&spec=Combat (warcraft logs)

The names Xylexis

Also just a quick question, I fully regemmed crit when 6.0.2 hit and apparently haste is way better now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylexis View Post
    Also just a quick question, I fully regemmed crit when 6.0.2 hit and apparently haste is way better now?
    I was gemmed all crit but since new logs say haste....I went back all haste...so I'll have to do a little more testing

Ah crap, did the priority really go back to haste?I gemmed mostly crit. Time to go re-gem again ...

OnT:
    571 - Anywhere from 12-16k depending on the fight obviously.

Your dps seems pretty solid though, for what your gear is. You're not underperforming at all if that's what you're worried about :P

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    Get your hands on a second dagger, respec assassination and start to really shine

Tested combat myself, and Nightmans numbers are mostly correct, tough that's ofc. cleave. Single target, combat is inferior to assa atm.

I'm 588 and not enjoying combat at all anymore.

Very happy to be able to go back to Assassination/Sub though. However, Combat seems to be very clunky on single target. Any time spent off the boss is a massive DPS loss. 18-20k, a bit higher as Sub, and a bit higher than that as Assassination. Although Dispatch hits like a wet noodle, 6-8k, but Envenom is critting for almost 60k at times. Feels odd, more tuning would be nice.

Although it's been a while since I raided Sub, so my rotation is off a bit. Combat needs a little lift in my opinion.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to feel like I did well for my iLevel. But since the patch, I always feel inferior and like i'm doing it all wrong.

574 here and about 14K single target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Ninja'ing this thread to ask about the viability of assassination. I got my rogue to 90 before I quit and was playing combat but it got boring quick. How's assass looking currently and at 100?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blargenshmeh View Post
    Ninja'ing this thread to ask about the viability of assassination. I got my rogue to 90 before I quit and was playing combat but it got boring quick. How's assass looking currently and at 100?
    Currently, extremely powerful.

In WoD, absolutely solid. I won't comment on DPS standings at lvl 100, as the current state of patching is complete crap (which moron at Blizz thought it would be a good idea to roll over the LVL 90 DPS HOTFIX ONTO THE BETA??? ) and will most likely change...unless blizz really wants WW monks to do twice the damage of everyone else ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really no use in getting angry over current DPS standings in beta or live as things will most certainly change(where did I hear this before?). I haven't done a single mythic raid since 6.0, so I can't comment on Combat numbers, but I've done a few heroic raids with Mythic geared warriors and Combat keeps up in AOE as long as the length of the fight is adequate and crush warriors in ST.

I get destroyed in burst AOE by warriors and destroyed by warriors and mages in ST as combat.
    These are the same people I outdps by a medium margin before 6.0. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'm 575 combat geared and pull 14-16k on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by smana7 View Post
    I get destroyed in burst AOE by warriors and destroyed by warriors and mages in ST as combat.
    These are the same people I outdps by a medium margin before 6.0. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I seem to get destroyed by our warrior in burst AoE also, but I'm not getting destroyed in ST. Frost mages are pulling higher numbers now, at least ours are, so don't be disheartened :P

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, seems like I'm doing something wrong. I'm ilvl 583 and my DPS is at 13-15k. :-/
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Deleted
    I have both warrior and combat rogue ilvl 565 and i must say that warrior outdps rogue on most normal/heroic ( flex/normal) fights just because of warrior's AOE nature and current fights.
    AOE is so short that warrior easily pressures more damage into a short fight. Even on garrosh i usually top the meters on warrior just because of AOE, single target damage is not over the roof.
    I believe that if AOE fights are longer and adds would not die so fast, rogus will be at least as good as warriors.
    For warriors it is easy to "conserve" some rage + AOE cooldowns and burst it, rogues require some time to "buld up" AOE, and it is more sustainable.
    IMHO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smana7 View Post

You might be doing something wrong, 14-16k is below what I see from most rogues with similar gear in combat spec.
    On the other hand, Warriors destroy everything in the short, bursty AoE fights of SoO (barring, maybe, good demolocks).