Deleted

Simcraft or Mr. Robot ?

hi guys and gals ......gotta question, sry if it's been answered already but couldn't find any info

simcraft tells me to gem agi/crit in red sockets and ask mr. robot tells me to gem haste/ crit in red ......is ask mr. R correct?.

would appreciate any help

thanks

sry forgot to say what spec....I'm sub

- - - Updated - - -

wow 101 views and no replies :-((
    Last edited by mmoca0e7cf98ea; 2014-10-28 at 10:43 AM.

Simcraft never tells you how to gem. It gives you scaling values from which you can infer how to gem.

Deleted
    What? How can this get anyone wrong?
    Obviously for your intents and purposes, get stat weights from simcraft and import them into Robot.

keep simulating untill you get the highest dps number

I'm using haste/crit reds, yellow and blue crit as a sub rogue too..

What do you mean "or"? You can use them both together. Simcraft to find your stat weights, AMR to sort your gear easily.

Deleted
    thanks for the reply shadowboy :-) .....ya i know about simcraft......when i push Auto gem.....it says agi / crit...which i have.....however by mr. Robot if i use the Default Settings it tells me to Change all my agi/crit to haste/crit .....and i am not sure how good ask mr. r is.

i have found some stuff to read about secondary stats but nothing that says anything about agi in comparison to hast, for example....maybe i'm just to stupid to find what i am looking for^^ ...... thank you at any rate :-)

- - - Updated - - -

oh....more replies....was busy writing...........thanks guys/ gals for the tips....will see if i can mess around with simcraft.....do appreciate your help^^

At late expansion gear levels, secondary stats will usually fare much better compared to primary stats, and this is no less true. Haste/crit is probably the way to go. If you sim your rogue and you get haste > 0.5x agi, then gem haste/crit.

PS: Simcraft has no "auto gem" button. It doesn't gem for you. AT ALL.

I believe he might mean Shadowcraft.

It changes nothing though. As far as I know, AMR does nothing to evaluate what's best at your gear level, it has prebuild assumptions about what is good in general and advises based on that. Simulationcraft and Shadowcraft will therefore always be superior because of this as they do evaluate your gear at the time of import.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2014-10-28 at 01:50 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Mr. Robot, where appropriate, uses Simcraft to obtain the stat weights. So, the best thing for you to do is, as has been previously stated, use Simcraft to obtain stat weights for yourself and edit the weights in AMR to match. While AMR does a fine job in most situations, it's always a good idea to never take it at face value (especially for tier bonuses and trinkets). This is true for Simcraft as well. Fiddle around with the glyphs, talents and APL in Simcraft to find your best setup (and then play that way), or the setup that best matches how you play. Scroll down to the bottom of the Simcraft report and look at the sample table of actions that were executed (under Action Priority List) and make sure it makes sense to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I believe he might mean Shadowcraft.

It changes nothing though. As far as I know, AMR does nothing to evaluate what's best at your gear level, it has prebuild assumptions about what is good in general and advises based on that. Simulationcraft and Shadowcraft will therefore always be superior because of this as they do evaluate your gear at the time of import.
    I really need coffee, that explains my confusion 8).

But to expand upon what rhyme is saying. AMR is a gearing optimizer, it does NOT attempt to determine your stat weights, it only optimizes your gear based on the stat weights given. Garbage in/garbage out, etc.

If you use simcraft or shadowcraft generated weights in AMR it should optimize your gear. AMR can not, however account for haste softcaps (and shadowcraft has some support for softcaps but has trouble with haste scaling near a haste softcap).

Deleted
    ohhhh my god !!!....i am an idiot !!!!......i do mean shadowcraft ! .....i'll chalk this up to my being female.......sorry for the confusion guys.....i do thank you all for your help^^

Quote Originally Posted by Danyka View Post
    ohhhh my god !!!....i am an idiot !!!!......i do mean shadowcraft ! .....i'll chalk this up to my being female.......sorry for the confusion guys.....i do thank you all for your help^^
    No need to be so hard on yourself...Unless of course you're a blonde

Deleted
    hahahaaa penta......indeed i am :-D