Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffah View Post
    Only having 1 useful poison in PvE is so sad.. They really couldn't come up with more ideas for poisons? Just SOMETHING to apply to my off-hand that isn't totally useless
    You don't apply poisons to your "offhand", it's always applied to both of your weapons. In fact, it's not really applied to your weapons at all, it's just a self buff that procs from weapon attacks.

  2. #602
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    You don't apply poisons to your "offhand", it's always applied to both of your weapons. In fact, it's not really applied to your weapons at all, it's just a self buff that procs from weapon attacks.
    He was refering to the "good" old times I guess

    Dunno, in comparison to my other toons I still like my rogue best. I only play PvE. We have insane survivability in raids, nice tools when being solo... and as good as no "hit a mole" cooldowns like retribution Paladins or many other specs.
    I guess our weak spots are really squishyness when soloing and talent choices.
    Anticipation, Shuriken Toss, Shadow Step could all be baseline for some specs. But some tiers really need a rework.

  3. #603
    Rogues are pretty much fine in Pve , the raiding rogues i have spoken with say their only complaints with the class is that one Tier is only for pvp on the talent grid, overall boring talents, Stealth not being "fun" in a raiding situation.

    A lot of people still like their rogues but of that group most are pure raiders those that have complaints about the class are usually from the pvp crowd. Sub is very clunky and a lot of people dont like how it plays currently and has played in Mop in pvp ( having to maintain Slice and dice + a bleed always, positional requirement on backstab, getting shutdown during Dance) A lot of juggling involved with that spec never liked it.

  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    Rogues are pretty much fine in Pve , the raiding rogues i have spoken with say their only complaints with the class is that one Tier is only for pvp on the talent grid, overall boring talents, Stealth not being "fun" in a raiding situation.

    A lot of people still like their rogues but of that group most are pure raiders those that have complaints about the class are usually from the pvp crowd. Sub is very clunky and a lot of people dont like how it plays currently and has played in Mop in pvp ( having to maintain Slice and dice + a bleed always, positional requirement on backstab, getting shutdown during Dance) A lot of juggling involved with that spec never liked it.
    You know what's funny? Whenever you say things like "a lot of people" and "rogues i have spoken to", its usually followed by something that you personally don't like about the rogue, like how stealth works. (See entire thread you made on the topic).

    I have no problem with your opinions, but please don't use suburb-used-car-saleseman trickery to give them credence. Doesn't work, and diminishes your posts, which are usually really good.
    -== Worgen Rageface makes me laugh ==-

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    You know what's funny? Whenever you say things like "a lot of people" and "rogues i have spoken to", its usually followed by something that you personally don't like about the rogue, like how stealth works. (See entire thread you made on the topic).

    I have no problem with your opinions, but please don't use suburb-used-car-saleseman trickery to give them credence. Doesn't work, and diminishes your posts, which are usually really good.
    my posts are usually really good? Wow thanks made me blush.

  6. #606
    My biggest complaint with rogues is that the entire talent tree has no impact. I mean, the only talent that makes combat feel any different is anticipation.

    As far as performance goes, unless they really gut our damage, rogues will always be worth bringing to a raid as long as cloak and feint remain as is.

  7. #607
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    You don't apply poisons to your "offhand", it's always applied to both of your weapons. In fact, it's not really applied to your weapons at all, it's just a self buff that procs from weapon attacks.
    I do not know if this is true actually.
    On numerous occasions in the past where I switched weapons to change specs, I lost the poison buff.
    Whether it is a bug or not I do not know, but at least what the UI tells me is "poisons are applied on the weapon".

    (it is also possible it is fixed, since it has been ages since I touched Assassination)
    People can be whoever they choose to be on the internet - It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

    every time I see someone mentioning the word "rouge" I get the urge to say "yes, we are overpowdered"...

  8. #608
    Yes, I'm a bit out-dated I meant more non-lethal poisons

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    I do not know if this is true actually.
    On numerous occasions in the past where I switched weapons to change specs, I lost the poison buff.
    Whether it is a bug or not I do not know, but at least what the UI tells me is "poisons are applied on the weapon".

    (it is also possible it is fixed, since it has been ages since I touched Assassination)
    No, this is just some retarded new mechanic they put in with 6.0. Everytime you change a talent or spec, you lose your lethal poison buff. It's probably to prevent people from carrying Combat's Swift Poison over to other specs. They also did this to hunters, constantly need to reapply trap launcher.

  10. #610
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    No, this is just some retarded new mechanic they put in with 6.0. Everytime you change a talent or spec
    ...or Glyph...
    , you lose your lethal poison buff. It's probably to prevent people from carrying Combat's Swift Poison over to other specs. They also did this to hunters, constantly need to reapply trap launcher.
    -== Worgen Rageface makes me laugh ==-

  11. #611
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    No, this is just some retarded new mechanic they put in with 6.0. Everytime you change a talent or spec, you lose your lethal poison buff. It's probably to prevent people from carrying Combat's Swift Poison over to other specs. They also did this to hunters, constantly need to reapply trap launcher.
    I wouldn't have a problem if my poison got removed when i change spec if that's the real problem, but with every talent or glyph? it makes me want to punch Celestalon in the face
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2014-10-28 at 11:50 AM.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  12. #612
    Pretty sure I saw this blue post. Why Topic Starter says it would not be mentioned in MMOC Blueposts?
    Capitalism, Ho!

  13. #613
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Pretty sure I saw this blue post. Why Topic Starter says it would not be mentioned in MMOC Blueposts?
    Because it wasn't when the topic was opened like 100 years ago. Not like MMOC posts tuits instantly, they usually take some time, and if i recall correctly that same day we got a bunch of tuits and news, but this one was not among them altough it was included in a news post some days later.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  14. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem if my poison got removed when i change spec if that's the real problem, but with every talent or glyph? it makes me want to punch Celestalon in the face
    At this point they might as well just make the poisons passive like they did with the shaman weapon imbues, with such limited choice it's mostly a chore of not forgetting to keep them on.

  15. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    At this point they might as well just make the poisons passive like they did with the shaman weapon imbues, with such limited choice it's mostly a chore of not forgetting to keep them on.

    You hit the nail on the head for sure.

  16. #616
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    At this point they might as well just make the poisons passive like they did with the shaman weapon imbues, with such limited choice it's mostly a chore of not forgetting to keep them on.
    Funny, i had that discussion with a friend yesterday.

    Right now with the poisons we have and how they work? i have to agree, but not becuase i like it. It's simply the next logical step in that direction, so i rather have it ASAP than deal every 60min (or talent/glyph change) with a boring system that doesn't add any gameplay or gives me any choice at all for another expansion.

    Of course, i'll rather have better poisons, more choices, more depth... but if we can't have that, yeah... make them passive already.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  17. #617
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,343
    I'd really rather they didn't make them passive, because I believe then they'll be utterly forgotten about. Poisons have potential to be an interesting and fun mechanic that is actually iconic to the class.

    Ideas like poison bombs that change based on your poison, utility poisons to pick up missing buffs/debuffs, fun non lethal poisons that could mimic effects like the Odd Polished Stone or Freezing Band. I really would rather they expand on it rather than relegate it to a boring passive.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2014-10-29 at 10:15 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •