Deleted

persona 4 golden difficulty playthough question.

Hi I have played roughly. 8.5 hours and I am on normal difficulty. I was wondering if I should start again on the easiest difficulty as I am only interested in story. I have reached yukkiko dungeon and can't defeat the boss without having to leave and come back to gain a higher level. Would this diminish the story like not get correct ending or whatever. As I can see it getting a lot more difficult in later parts, and as such take multiple dungeon entries to complete.

Just as additional information I don't really want to keep playing the same dungeon missing days on social links and stuff. Would it make sense to start again and play it on the easiest difficulty or are there reasons why I shouldn't like.missing some days of social links and stuff won't stop me from getting the perfect ending?

Thanks to anyone who can advise me!!

I would suggest continuing on normal as the game gets easier as you go on and get stronger personas. Going dungeon multiple times doesn't diminish the story nor the ending in any way. It is a good idea to do dungeons in 2 days(First one to use all sp and level and second run to kill the boss).
    As for the boss, I suggest you fuse Senri (pixie + forneus or orobas + forneus or yaksini + titania) as it has complete immunity to fire damage. You can also buy ice cubes from Shiroku store which deal 50 ice damage and knock the boss down for all-out attack. However if you have reached level 13, you should fuse Obariyon which can resist both physical and fire attacks from boss (angel + ghoul for example).
    Overall you should atleast give the boss few more tries to see if you can beat it.
    Good luck

P.S Do dungeons on rainy days or as soon as they unlock so you won't miss out too many social links. You can also buy sp restoring drinks 5 per week in the main shopping district from the vending machine which could help in dungeons.
    Last edited by Astralos; 2014-08-27 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how much time you're willing to sink into it. Normal can be pretty tough (especially at the start, though I felt it evened out around the laboratory/void dungeons) unless you grind the dungeons a lot, and if the social links/story are what you're playing the game for then it's not unreasonable to want the fights to be easier. I mean, you've probably realized by now that the combat is pretty standard procedure for an RPG, and it doesn't get much more complex unless you obsess over persona fusions and the like.

That's what I took away from P4 vanilla at least. Not sure how different Golden is in the difficulty department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, come on! JRPGs aren't hard by nature, and P4 is one of the easiest ones. And while vanilla could have a couple of roadblock like Yukiko boss fight, but Golden eliminates even those traces of difficulty by making some bosses weak to certain elemental attacks.

Just don't rush to the top level and don't skip random encounters on your way, because if you do that you WILL end up underleveled. Don't try to finish the dungeons in a single day (at least at first), if you're low on SP - don't skip, just return to the exit and come next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post
    As I can see it getting a lot more difficult in later parts, and as such take multiple dungeon entries to complete.
    Actually it's the other way around. With levels you'll start getting access to more powerful personae. Don't be lazy and spend some time engineering overpowered persona fusions in the Velvet Room, especially considering the Golden is very, very generous in that regard and lets you outright choose which skills to inherit.
    why I shouldn't like.missing some days of social links and stuff won't stop me from getting the perfect ending?
    Forget about maxing out SLs on your first try, unless you're willing to follow strict guides, which kills the fun of playing the game. That stuff is for NG+.
    And it won't prevent you from getting the best ending (which you also probably won't get without a guide, but in this case you can just reload an earlier save file AFTER you've finished the game for the first time).
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help, I will just continue on normal if missing out on 1 day of social link, doesn't mess up the story and stuff.

I really appreciate the fusion help, never really got
    that too much. I am level 13 so the personal that has physical and fire resist would be helpful. Does. the level of the fused persona take the level of you the lower or the higher persona's level?

Thanks again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Does. the level of the fused persona take the level of you the lower or the higher persona's level?
    Every persona starts at a fixed minimum level. Your character has to be at least of that level to be able to fuse that persona. Social Links grant some free experience to the personae of the corresponding arcana when you fuse them (does not apply to the persona cards you can find after battles). It's a one time xp boost, which can level up the fused persona, so you wouldn't have to grind xp in battle.
    When you fuse two or more personae the resulting one can inherit some of their skills, thus fusing personae is better than just using the ones you've found, because they'll have access to more skills.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.