Page 1 of 35
... LastLast
    Deleted

Girl 9, shoots gun instructor....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

How anyone can justify teaching a 9 year old to use guns, or think automatic weapons are appropriate for (anyone really) children is totally beyond me.

Does it not worry anyone else that there are people who think this is totally acceptable behavior to send your children on shooting lessons?

Yeah common sense that the gun will kick on a 9 year old, does not seem they where careful enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Must not have been a very good instructor.

Shooting is a hobby, and a dangerous one. The instructor would have known the risks, and it is a rare occurence.

Let people who want to shoot do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

How anyone can justify teaching a 9 year old to use guns, or think automatic weapons are appropriate for (anyone really) children is totally beyond me.

Does it not worry anyone else that there are people who think this is totally acceptable behavior to send your children on shooting lessons?
    Gun safety and instruction for kids should consist of two simple rules; never touch a gun, and if you see a gun leave it alone and find an adult immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    Shooting is a hobby, and a dangerous one. The instructor would have known the risks, and it is a rare occurence.

I'm for strict gun controls, no possible need for people to have them.

however, if people are going to have guns, then fine. but to teach a 9 year old how to shoot is incredibly irresponsible. Surely deadly weapons should at the very least be for adults only?

10+ Year Old Account

If he knew the risks of letting a 9 year old shoot an Uzi, and died from it, while I'm sorry for his family, I'm glad he was the only one killed. I dont recall typical 9 yo girls having the upper body strength to handle that kind of gun.

Shot dead :O

Jesus.

Darwin Award?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

A sub-machine gun and a 9 year old.

I'm shocked this didn't end well.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I've no issue with guns, nor teaching children how to use them, but an Uzi? A 9 year old? Really?

Parents were fucking stupid, as was the Instructor for allowing it.

Sure, unless those people are children. Children should NOT under any circumstances be let near firearms.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

That's some funny shit right there

Deleted
    Darwinism at it's finest.

I do think that kids should be taught how to use guns properly, in a safe professional environment.
    However, there needs to be some sort of common sense, does a 9 year old have the strength to keep the gun under control ? Probably not, in which case they should only be allowed to fire guns which they are able to control properly. Smaller, less powerful guns, and certainly not a fully automatic sub machine gun. if they are going to let a child use this type of weapon, then it should be restricted to automatic (one shot only) and the gun restricted in such away with chains or other restraints that it can only be face down range away from people.

Deleted
    Seems being a gun instructor isn't different from any other job.

He sucked at it, and now he's gotten...

*shades*

...FIRED

*YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!*

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I'm for strict gun controls, no possible need for people to have them.

however, if people are going to have guns, then fine. but to teach a 9 year old how to shoot is incredibly irresponsible. Surely deadly weapons should at the very least be for adults only?
    Strict for gun control? People dont need them? What? Your kidding correct?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven5150 View Post
    And this is what you made an account for, to claim that guns are a necessity.

What about the hundereds of thousands of other kids that shoot and are fine? This as far as I know is a one off occurence. You can't protect kids from anything harmful. Should we stop children from being near knives too? What about swings and playgrounds? I'm sure more people die of them each year than when using guns.

There is a lot of bandwagon hatred around guns, and yes they can be a problem, but so can anything pointy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven5150 View Post
    Let me guess, you're an American

Well, one can only hope she's cured of the gun fetish for life.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the hundereds of thousands of other kids that shoot and are fine? This as far as I know is a one off occurence. You can't protect kids from anything harmful. Should we stop children from being near knives too? What about swings and playgrounds? I'm sure more people die of them each year than when using guns.

There is a lot of bandwagon hatred around guns, and yes they can be a problem, but so can anything pointy.
    Depends. What kind of gun were the other kids shooting? A kid shooting a gun with a harsh recoil is much more likely to injure someone than say, shooting a small handgun. You fit the gun with the person's ability to control it, and if you think a kid has the strangth to control an Uzi... well, dont get near me please.