Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Done with D3 as I am tired of Blizzards incompetence

Every goddamn patch major builds get nerfed to shit, this time it's my main wizard losing his MM Conflag Mirrorball build due to conflag changes. What a complete waste of months of play time trying to farm decent gear.

It's this same shit that drove away friends as they watched hundreds of hours of gameplay made obsolete due to blizzards heavy handedness with Diablo. They don't just bring outliers into line, they utterly wipe them out as a valid spec.

Diablo 3 has been an utter fail as a successor to Diablo 1 and 2, from the RMAH to Loot 2.0. It looks pretty and is accessible, but the gameplay is utter garbage and I'm done. Path of Exile is where the real ARPG gameplay is now and I'm sticking to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're complaining that an extremely strong build got nerfed?
    Huh.

I don't even know what else to say.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

That build is still very much viable, its just not as OP anymore

OP should read this book:

The Patches are meant to nerf OP builds and also introduce new viable builds. Stop whining and get farming if you want new gear/builds or just log off. No need to make a crybaby forum post because your precious build got nerfed.

I haven' even bought the exp. Horrible game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post

The Patches are meant to nerf OP builds and also introduce new viable builds. Stop whining and get farming if you want new gear/builds or just log off. No need to make a crybaby forum post because your precious build got nerfed.
    This cracked me up. Thank you.

Mirrorball builds are retarded, due to how strong scaled up Magic Missile is, and that it's free and literally a one button spec, it's good that they nerfed it.

It was becoming CM Wizard 2.0, everyone was going for it because it was so dumb OP.

Only reason I never made that my wizard is because it was so fucking boring. One spell, all the time. Fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masyws View Post
    I haven' even bought the exp. Horrible game.
    The expansion changed a shitload of stuff, you should try it, esp. since BestBuy has it for 20 bucks this week I think.

Just log onto your D3 account and you can try out a lot of the systems changes on a level 60 or below character, as a lot of the changes applied to old content.

If you honestly think a vanilla Blizz game is bad, you haven't been playing Blizz games for long enough, their Vanilla versions are always generally shitty. See: Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, StarCraft, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, World of Warcraft.

All decent games on their own right, but the expansions just made the games into whole new beasts and really brought them to life.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post

Thank you for that, unexpected yet amazing.

OT, Ive not played for a while, but that build did seem pretty OP and needed a nerf.

So you're done with a game because you can't faceroll the content anymore?
    I feel sorry for you.

So your build got nerfed? Maybe try one of the other viable ones?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    The build is still insanely strong. If you're looking for a replacement, get disintegrate with the fire rune and the firebird 6 set bonus.

Guide: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/712...ntegrate-gr-30

Adapt, don't whine.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    i agree with OP i played cold, cold got nerfed i went fire MM got nerfed again, im out!

the worst part is that arcane deserves the nerf

Get lost then, c'ya!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthulo View Post
    Get lost then, c'ya!
    great input and great comment, hope to see more of your good social skills

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Every goddamn patch major builds get nerfed to shit, this time it's my main wizard losing his MM Conflag Mirrorball build due to conflag changes. What a complete waste of months of play time trying to farm decent gear.

It's this same shit that drove away friends as they watched hundreds of hours of gameplay made obsolete due to blizzards heavy handedness with Diablo. They don't just bring outliers into line, they utterly wipe them out as a valid spec.

Diablo 3 has been an utter fail as a successor to Diablo 1 and 2, from the RMAH to Loot 2.0. It looks pretty and is accessible, but the gameplay is utter garbage and I'm done. Path of Exile is where the real ARPG gameplay is now and I'm sticking to that.
    This is the reason why i don't play diablo 3 since you are forced to download updates and next thing you know bosses or classes are getting nerfed left and right.

Could've been worse you could've went with demon hunter from launch.

But yes OP, your reasoning for quiting is laughable at best. IMO though you really dont need a reason to quit the repetative nightmare known as D3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    great input and great comment, hope to see more of your good social skills
    Like your whining is doing this thread any good. You could read these patch notes 3 months in advance, and prepare for the next OP build, or, you know, actually try out something for yourself that isn't fotm.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Well honestly people should have seen this coming with the introduction of competitive elements in the game such as ladders.

Diversity is always a good thing.
    Just try something different, this is a game for god's sake.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice blog post.

Just because something is brought in line with other builds or items doesn't mean that it's not viable. If you enjoy playing your build then just keep playing it. It's not impossible to play D3 with that build suddenly. Also suck it up and test the build yourself rather than listening to forum whiners. You don't HAVE TO switch to a different build, and no your build hasn't been completely obliterated or whatever word you used in the OP to describe the nerf to it.

I played a lightning barb from launch of RoS until fairly recently, though if I listened to the D3 forum community I would have swapped to a leapquake build the second that SoH got nerfed. The thing is, the SoH nerf was greatly overstated and lightning was still viable up to T4 and I enjoyed the lightning playstyle a lot more than I enjoyed leapquake. I did eventually swap to leapquake but only when I felt like trying something different.

If you could only barely do T6 pre-patch you may need to tone it down to T5 for awhile after the patch since your build got adjusted, but bringing a build in line with other builds isn't incompetence, and it's not heavy handedness either. Blizzard has been pretty tame with their nerfs in D3 (and SC2) - As opposed to previous Blizzard games where they would out of the blue nuke a build/item/unit from space.

As for Path of Exile, I enjoy that game quite a bit, but lets not pretend that they didn't just, like this past week, nerf an entire playstyle that people have built their characters around for ages. It was a necessary nerf yes, but it was a huge nerf like the one the OP is complaining about in D3.