Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Warchief Rizendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Thank you so freakin much!
    The lorewalkers faction was atrocious from beginning to end. Boring quests, Boring achievements, boring characters. I mean I just came to this completely new continent, and we are in the middle of a war! WHY WOULD I WANT TO SIT DOWN IN A CAVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND DRINK TEA? And having this fat, useless, non-contributing bear strolling casually through raids with us, always felt like we brought the maintanks little brother along because "I WANT TO THSEE RAIDTHS!". And his comments..."oh my"...yes, BECAUSE THATS WHAT FEELS EPIC IN FRONT OF A RAID BOSS: "OH MY!". We are not a hardened group of veterans who faced the Lich King and the End of Time itself, no, we are Miss. Turdelsons weekly Tea&Biscuit getogether. Anyone wanna play bridge?

    Apart from this, it says something about an expansions lore and connection with the rest of the game, if you need an entire faction plus a good dozen achievements + a Mount to deliver it to people, because they would be completely not interested otherwise (And who could blame them?), then there is something seriously wrong.

    Alright, that's my rant and sigh of relief. Bye.
    They said Lorewalker equivalent. not faction, but the character. Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.

  2. #102
    Cho and the overall lore of Pandaria was some of the best stuff in the game to date. The place actually felt like it had an ancient history to it, one that shaped the present day... that we happened to fall face-first into.

    Regarding Draenor... I am disappoint.

    I suspect the reason Pandaria's history was so interesting (the Mantid and Klaxxi alone are great) was because the devs had free rein to create what they pleased. In Draenor, everything is going to have to fit into that historical mold set up by WC 1 and 2.

  3. #103
    Epic! Duravian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Franpsycho, CA
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    They said Lorewalker equivalent. not faction, but the character. Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    You just shattered my mind. That's hands down the most ludicrous statement I've ever read about the lore in my entire MMO-C "career." Hah, in fact, that's sig worthy.
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    They said Lorewalker equivalent. not faction, but the character. Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    I am confident there won't be a faction of lore-enthusiasts either. This is Draenor in the grip of the Iron Horde and possibly the Burning Legion, not fluffy-puffy-pandaland. Anyone who walks around unarmed collecting stories in this world, greeting 20m giants with "Oh! Hello! I am Lorewalker Cho!" instead of startning to hearthstone ASAP, would find himself turned into Gronn-Food rather quickly




    Hey, lets send the Lorewalkers through the Dark portal...you know, to write stories and stuff....



    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I suspect the reason Pandaria's history was so interesting (the Mantid and Klaxxi alone are great).
    SO GREAT! The best part of its storytelling greatness, was the Mogu building, get this, a wall, to keep the mantids off.

    A wall.

    Against an Enemy who has wings.


    Last edited by Sorzzara; 2014-08-28 at 08:08 AM.
    -== Worgen Rageface makes me laugh ==-

  5. #105
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,360
    I loved those stories and lore. Really sad we don't get an equivalent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post







    SO GREAT! The best part of its storytelling greatness, was the Mogu building, get this, a wall, to keep the mantids off.

    A wall.

    Against an Enemy who has wings.


    [IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/034/f/5/facepalm___crying_out_loud_by_morten8035-d38q1z4.jpg[G]
    And it worked very well.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    SO GREAT! The best part of its storytelling greatness, was the Mogu building, get this, a wall, to keep the mantids off.

    A wall.

    Against an Enemy who has wings.
    Chickens have wings, walls work fine against them (in other words, plenty of winged creatures can't actually fly). There are also mantids without wings, the ground troops, who might have a little trouble flying over a wall.


    You just shattered my mind. That's hands down the most ludicrous statement I've ever read about the lore in my entire MMO-C "career." Hah, in fact, that's sig worthy.
    Just a little heads-up, your sig looks as though you agree with that statement. For people not having read this post, you are sending the exact opposite message of what you mean.
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods people believe in, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

  7. #107
    The only bit which really bothered me is the meeting with him on the Alliance side where you have to balance chi or something and hit the gong was so relieved when I recently leveled a horde and found that bit wasn't there.

    Anything else related to him / the faction you can ignore.

  8. #108
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    The only bit which really bothered me is the meeting with him on the Alliance side where you have to balance chi or something and hit the gong was so relieved when I recently leveled a horde and found that bit wasn't there.

    Anything else related to him / the faction you can ignore.
    I loved that part. D:
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  9. #109
    If you think all Mantid can fly that kind of calls both your lore expertise and observational skills into question.
    And your claim that you've read all the short stories.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2014-08-28 at 09:20 AM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    SO GREAT! The best part of its storytelling greatness, was the Mogu building, get this, a wall, to keep the mantids off.

    A wall.

    Against an Enemy who has wings.
    Yes, that's why the Mantid used Siege weapons, because they can fly...

    That's the same that humans can cross a river because we can swim. Sure we can, but try to invade a city by swimming.
    Last edited by Tauror; 2014-08-28 at 09:22 AM.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    I am confident there won't be a faction of lore-enthusiasts either. This is Draenor in the grip of the Iron Horde and possibly the Burning Legion, not fluffy-puffy-pandaland. Anyone who walks around unarmed collecting stories in this world, greeting 20m giants with "Oh! Hello! I am Lorewalker Cho!" instead of startning to hearthstone ASAP, would find himself turned into Gronn-Food rather quickly
    Also, you're wrong.
    Harrison Jones has pride of place in Stormshield, Ashran.
    The bank doubles as his artifact storeroom, graciously opening its free space to the public.
    He's collecting lore objects from Ashran and the rest of Draenor and enlists your help, only by giving you quests to do it instead of the more interesting Lorewalker method. And without the interesting Lorewalker reward.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2014-08-28 at 09:22 AM.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Lorewalkers, I don't really care about. But Lorewalker Cho...they can crucify him upside down. I hate that guy. Thank God he's not showing up again. Showing up to all those raids narrating the bejesus out of everything like we're ignorant, mystified little four year olds watching a Disney movie. "And so...the prince...and the princess...lived happily ever after! Theeeeee end." /tucks in
    I wholeheartly agree.

  13. #113
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Also, you're wrong.
    Harrison Jones has pride of place in Stormshield, Ashran.
    The bank doubles as his artifact storeroom, graciously opening its free space to the public.
    Harrison Jones, what a guy. Make Archaeology, Not War.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  14. #114
    I have no clue what OP is trying to say but for me Lorewalker Cho is one of the best characters in WoW. I would put him right next to Bran when it comes to liking someone. Also I liked doing the achi for Lorewalkers, was nice finding the scrolls and then get the visual lore story rather then like with previous expansions having to read wow wiki to findout what happened. Wish there was something like this for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

    I am also very disappointed that Cho is not going with us to Draenor, he was the only good part about Pandaria and Pandarens in general.

  15. #115
    Cho actually does pop up in Draenor too, though only for one quest.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Also, you're wrong.
    Harrison Jones has pride of place in Stormshield, Ashran.
    The bank doubles as his artifact storeroom, graciously opening its free space to the public.
    He's collecting lore objects from Ashran and the rest of Draenor and enlists your help, only by giving you quests to do it instead of the more interesting Lorewalker method. And without the interesting Lorewalker reward.
    Harrison Jones is Alliance only though, and the artifact is for PvP purposes. To be fair, the Arakkoa are closer to the Loremasters (hidden lore fragments through out all of Arak, many even give archaeology fragments that we can trade with the Arakkoa on Stormshield) than Harrison Jones.

  17. #117
    Dreadlord Spray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    /over/here.php
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    You just shattered my mind. That's hands down the most ludicrous statement I've ever read about the lore in my entire MMO-C "career." Hah, in fact, that's sig worthy.
    Hey! Hands off Lorewalker Cho! He's awesome!

    About being the most epic guy, a TINY BIT of an overstatement, but nevertheless - he's a very likable and well written character in my opinion. Not to mention he's a great guide to Pandaria, I actually enjoyed all of his stories. I wish we had someone like that in WotLK for example, but then again - it would be unfitting.

    Also, I had a certain theory if Lorewalker Cho actually existed in the world. It could very well be an embodiment of narrative, because, frankly speaking, even in Pandaria he felt out of place in most of the situations. I can hardly imagine someone like that running with us throughout the first wing of SoO, being completely unarmed and "ooooooh mysteries".

    Additionally, his VO, man. Lorewalker Pooh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Cho actually does pop up in Draenor too, though only for one quest.
    And this is very good news!
    Last edited by Spray; 2014-08-28 at 09:34 AM.

  18. #118
    Loved the stories, but hated Cho the Dumbass's performance in raids and in the world. "Oh, here is the ancient titan machine with a flashing button on it! Hey! Why don't I run forward and press it ASAP?" "Oh, who could've guessed that pressing that button will revive an ancient titan mechanism to life and that mech will want to kill us as soon as it starts? Well heroes, go kill it, while I'll sit here, drink tea and fucking meditate".

    Idiotic clowny panda.

    Although I tend to hate unskippable RP stuff in raids, so my view on this matter must be subjective. Green jezus's performance at Brown orc nazi was even more stupid and pathetic, TBH.
    #savekarabor2014

  19. #119
    Mechagnome Xe4ro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    744
    I liked them very much. Lots of Lore telling with little and short animations. I'm also done Seeker of Knowledge so i visited them quite often ;>
    Druid since Feb. 06

  20. #120
    Any panda that forces me to sit in a cave with him, alone, while drinking tea and not allowing me to leave, is not a panda I am ever gonna like.

    Alright let me be honest, I don't dislike Cho or the faction he is a part off, but I couldn't have cared less if they didn't exist either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •