Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The scrolls around the world where nice to read once, afterwards I didn't bother with them.
    The stories shown from turning them in where awesome though, and I would love more of that in-game.

Instead I wanna see them promote Bran bronzebeard and the reliquary more and incorporate the stuff associated with the lore walkers into the already present faction specific archeology/lore organizations and even extend it into the archeology profession to give it a little more flavor. Maybe add a new tab onto the archeology book called Lore.
    I can understand that. There's plenty of characters, factions, groups and what have you that already exists that could fill such a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Hard to believe after my rant, I know, but I do love the lore.That's how I want to see Lore brought to players. Reading scrolls? Come on! How often did Indiana Jones do that?
    But I love the lore I discover, not the "lore" that is spoon-fed to me in a nice-standardized way. Why do I know how deathwing tricked the other aspects into creating the dragonsoul? Because I saw it during a vision of Yogg Saron, while fighting for my life against an epic raid boss. Why do I know that Arthas cut his own heart out? Because I fell down an endless pit under his fortress and met whats left of his humanity.

Sorry but no. Deathwing sucked. Arthas ending sucked. The scrolls had story development. The fact that you didn't like the story and the pandaren around it doesn't mean it was bad. MoP has been the first expansion with good storytelling till the end where I personally didn't like the sequel-ending crap they invented to continue to the next expansion. Deathwing ended so cheesy and badly. Not 1 expansion yet has ended with a bang.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Da Thunda King Comes"
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Thank you so freakin much!
    The lorewalkers faction was atrocious from beginning to end.

Alright, that's my rant and sigh of relief. Bye.
    listen here you little.... The Lorewalker stuff was one of the most enjoyable things about mop. I don't hate many people, usually dislike... but i hate you.

There was already so much lore provided to us from the quests, dungeons, and raids. Mists of Pandaria had a lot of depth for anyone who cared to look, which is what you seem to want. The Lorewalkers were just a way of providing us with more, and it was fairly quick and painless. I'm getting the impression that you just plain don't care for Pandaria itself, which is your opinion of course.

And Lorewalker Cho was great. He sits you down during the Horde intro to make a point: You can blindly slaughter the Hozen because "this is war," or you can take the time to stop and think about it.

I am a-lorewalker a-cho, ultimate racial stereotype
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post
    They're not talking about the Lorewalkers faction, they're talking about a Lorewalker Cho equivalent which was one of the coolest things in MoP in my opinion, although I admit that there was too much of him at times.

Although the faction was cool too. It was an optional thing for those who love the lore.

meeting him and showing him our ancestors, going around finding lore scrolls and coming back to get quite the reward... and a flying nimbus cloud! I dont know how many times I hummed the older DBZ theme songs in my head while flying around on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I really disagree with the OP in pretty much every way possible. This thread is making me shake my head right now.
    Agreed. I don't think I've disagreed with somebody as much as I have the OP on this forum, beyond trolls intentionally trying to stir the pot.

I liked the Cloud mount until I got on it and found I was on a stylized manhole instead of a cloud. Would've been the best mount without that thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to believe after my rant, I know, but I do love the lore.

But I love the lore I discover, not the "lore" that is spoon-fed to me in a nice-standardized way. Why do I know how deathwing tricked the other aspects into creating the dragonsoul? Because I saw it during a vision of Yogg Saron, while fighting for my life against an epic raid boss. Why do I know that Arthas cut his own heart out? Because I fell down an endless pit under his fortress and met whats left of his humanity.

That's how I want to see Lore brought to players. Reading scrolls? Come on! How often did Indiana Jones do that?
    We're not Indiana Jones (thank God) at all times. Sometimes you have to sit down, relax, have a cup of tea, and learn! I loved Cho. I loved the little monologue the Emperor had when we did his quest chain (for the boots). I love stuff like that, because it was like WC3 again.

BTW- nothing is "spoonfed" to you. Lore is put into the game in many different ways, but some don't work out as much as Blizzard would like them to. So Blizzard does what it can.

I loved the Lorewalkers and Cho. We got to learn a ton about Pandaria's history while the current plot evolved, over the course of the xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think a lot of folks in here are way too hung up on Lorewalkers/Cho as being more a gameplay than a lore mechanic. I think that was a very effective in-game way of giving us insights into Pandaren history while the quests / dungeons / raids / daily hubs / Timeless Isle played out Pandaria's present as well as the Horde civil war, and how all three intersected.

That style of narrative hasn't been used previously because it wouldn't have fit as well previously. I imagine if we ever go to a Legion-dominated planet we'll have some Draenei historian or some space traveling archaeologist or something that's the new Cho.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lorewalkers faction was atrocious from beginning to end. Boring quests, Boring achievements, boring characters. I mean I just came to this completely new continent, and we are in the middle of a war! WHY WOULD I WANT TO SIT DOWN IN A CAVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND DRINK TEA? And having this fat, useless, non-contributing bear strolling casually through raids with us, always felt like we brought the maintanks little brother along because "I WANT TO THSEE RAIDTHS!". And his comments..."oh my"...yes, BECAUSE THATS WHAT FEELS EPIC IN FRONT OF A RAID BOSS: "OH MY!". We are not a hardened group of veterans who faced the Lich King and the End of Time itself, no, we are Miss. Turdelsons weekly Tea&Biscuit getogether. Anyone wanna play bridge?

Apart from this, it says something about an expansions lore and connection with the rest of the game, if you need an entire faction plus a good dozen achievements + a Mount to deliver it to people, because they would be completely not interested otherwise (And who could blame them?), then there is something seriously wrong.

You know what else the Lorewalkers were?

Optional.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    You know what else the Lorewalkers were?

Optional.
    Cho was optional in the sense that if you really weren't interested in listening to his melodramatic tripe for 19th time, you could hit Ctrl + S. That's about as optional as he was for most people. And that's how I survived his voiceovers. All 2,000 of them.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    So I'm kinda disappointed that we won't have someone like Cho to hang out with in Draenor, but by the same token, they've been emphasizing and almost forcing #savage as a meme so hard that having someone whose job is to record events and chronicle them for future generations probably wouldn't last long with all the stuff out there that's trying to kill us.
    Not to say you are wrong, but it seems to me that even in this savage environment they could have had a Frostwolf Shaman or Draenei in the roll of lore giver. That way the non-book-readers can still get an idea of how the Orcs and Draenei got along before Kil'jaden found the uncorrupted Eredar on Draenor and deceived Ner'zul to spread lies which lead the Orc clans to uniting to war against the Draenei.

As a matter of fact, having a Draenei acting as the Lorewalker could have meant getting lore in game that goes back to when Sargeras first corrupted the Eredar (Kil'jaden & Archimond) and how Velen was their buddy before the corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Cho was optional in the sense that if you really weren't interested in listening to his melodramatic tripe for 19th time, you could hit Ctrl + S. That's about as optional as he was for most people. And that's how I survived his voiceovers. All 2,000 of them.
    I hate Cho and every other pandarens voice acting with the fiery passion of Tatooine's twin suns (wow thats actually extremely dorky) and it was annoying that he had to come to every raid but I'm mostly referring to the Lorewalker faction and the whole exploring to find the scrolls and watching the storytelling quests thing.

The whole pandaren look and culture made me die a little inside over the course of the expansion. I think if it'd been anything other than a freaking panda doing it, I would've enjoyed the lorewalkers role more. I've had about as much "balance and harmony" garbage as I can handle, looking forward to a more brutal theme.

I hate Cho and every other pandarens voice acting with the fiery passion of Tatooine's twin suns (wow thats actually extremely dorky) and it was annoying that he had to come to every raid but I'm mostly referring to the Lorewalker faction and the whole exploring to find the scrolls and watching the storytelling quests thing.
    Every raid? He was in two. Mogu'shen Vaults here was there the entire run, which was cool in my opinion because he told you the history kinda as he went along.

And then he was only in SoO for the first 4 bosses, he leaves at the 4th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Every raid? He was in two. Mogu'shen Vaults here was there the entire run, which was cool in my opinion because he told you the history kinda as he went along.

And then he was only in SoO for the first 4 bosses, he leaves at the 4th.
    It felt like every raid. And then he voiced the 5.2 trailer. I just can't stand the obviously-american voice actors trying to sound chinese. The same guy who voices Cho also voices like 8000 nords in ESO which is just disgraceful because now he actually does sound asian in comparison to other nordic voices. The guy just... ugh. Fuck pandaren.

It felt like every raid. And then he voiced the 5.2 trailer. I just can't stand the obviously-american voice actors trying to sound chinese. The same guy who voices Cho also voices like 8000 nords in ESO which is just disgraceful because now he actually does sound asian in comparison to other nordic voices. The guy just... ugh. Fuck pandaren.
    Oh, I thought you seriously thought he was in every raid.

I was a bit confused, I didn't know whether you were exaggerating, or I wasn't playing "Where's Cho?" hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    The lorewalkers faction was atrocious from beginning to end. Boring quests, Boring achievements, boring characters. I mean I just came to this completely new continent, and we are in the middle of a war! WHY WOULD I WANT TO SIT DOWN IN A CAVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND DRINK TEA? And having this fat, useless, non-contributing bear strolling casually through raids with us, always felt like we brought the maintanks little brother along because "I WANT TO THSEE RAIDTHS!". And his comments..."oh my"...yes, BECAUSE THATS WHAT FEELS EPIC IN FRONT OF A RAID BOSS: "OH MY!". We are not a hardened group of veterans who faced the Lich King and the End of Time itself, no, we are Miss. Turdelsons weekly Tea&Biscuit getogether. Anyone wanna play bridge?

Apart from this, it says something about an expansions lore and connection with the rest of the game, if you need an entire faction plus a good dozen achievements + a Mount to deliver it to people, because they would be completely not interested otherwise (And who could blame them?), then there is something seriously wrong.

They said Lorewalker equivalent. not faction, but the character. Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.