10+ Year Old Account

ROG Matrix 780ti vs MSI 780ti Twin FROZR

Title pretty much sums it up. I'm looking into replacing my GPU and am leaning toward the 780 ti. Because of my OCD it has to have a black/red color scheme, which only leaves me with three options. One is more or less a stock cooler so meh... that leaves me with two viable options. I just can't for the life of me tell any meaningful difference between these two and haven't found any head-to-head comparisons either, so I was hoping someone here could shed some light on it for me.

ASUS ROG MATRIX GTX 780ti

MSI GTX 780ti GAMING

As far as I can tell, the only major difference seems to be that the ASUS card costs about $75 more and has a memory defroster (wut!?) for super high-end liquid nitrogen coolers. Am I missing something here, or is that really it?

Deleted
    You won't find major things between all major aftermarket cooling brands. Personally i would get a gigabyte one as i love their cooling. Between those two above tho i would say the rog one looks sexy.

I'm not sure...but believe that with the ASUS ROG line up they 'bin' the GPU's and the very best one's are used in the ROG graphic cards vs the regular ASUS direct CU II graphic cards. So in theory they are better overclockers...but don't have much experience with the ROG line up...too expensive for me
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans