Got My Mind On My Money: Open end, 1.000.000g on one character

2 years ago I reached 700k [http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ou-want-Blizz!] before the great lootgold nerf (5.0.4, before this: ~14k each ID). Weekly farm route from then on was only 1.5-2k lootgold (~4.5h). But thanks to AoE Loot and Potions of Luck, Troves of the Thunderking and all those Keys that open chests with gold, I made it to 1.000.000g.
    Troves of the Thunderking proved to be the most fun way to do this. I guess I never missed a key (each week, ~70+ since 5.2) since 5.2, because it's just a few minutes of visiting the island. A good way to improve the perfect farm route was grinding 15+ runs back to back. All in all you can get 650g+ on average from each run.

And now, almost 2 years after 5.0.4 release (oh the irony), I crossed the 1m mark. Didn't expect this at all after the nerf to old content, even though you could get ~4k from Cata25hc (every week, raid that needs to be organized a bit). I don't know if I (still) have any competition when it comes to this, especially since there is no AV past 200k (and that's account wide), but I guess some of the Potion-of-Luck-Farmers made a huge leap during this Xpac.

I'm not begging for a new AV, just proving that it can be done.
    And for those who wonder about an average gold per hour: 1k can easily be achieved in old content with speed clearruns (full group with only loot gold in mind). Same goes for Potion of Luck + Guo Lai Halls.

Damn, that looks good. Congrats, man.

Deleted
    Congratz very nicely done sir

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me how.....

7.7mil gold huh? not bad, about 10x more than I ahve between my 2 main toons :P

I have around 120k looted but have over 1.2mil earned from auctions. I find it easier to get gold that way haha

Also, nice gold from Vendors. I only have like 4k lol
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2014-08-28 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    That "ui" makes me think back to TBC. People still use Titanpanel/FUBar?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    That "ui" makes me think back to TBC. People still use Titanpanel/FUBar?
    Why not??

Anyways, whats your /played on that toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Why not??

Anyways, whats your /played on that toon?
    exists since feb 2nd 2005, so it's couple of 100 days. but "looting" gold is a rather small part of my time spend ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

7.7mil gold huh? not bad, about 10x more than I ahve between my 2 main toons :P

I have around 120k looted but have over 1.2mil earned from auctions. I find it easier to get gold that way haha

Also, nice gold from Vendors. I only have like 4k lol
    My main is just BS/Engineering (bc nostalgia + fun + Raid BIS), but my alts are feeding the auction house every ID, should be ~12.5m+ gold from the AH on them. And since I invest in profitable sales and don't buy anything that comes to mind, I still have a part of what I get from the AH. Vendor gold is quit natural for farming old content. When we start farming Cataclysm 25hc or MoP in next Xpac, Epics will sell for 40g+ at the vendor regularly (maybe nerf this one blizz??).

I'm at ~500k myself right now... not bad considering I only got the 100k achieve this year!

That being said it was almost all due to potion of luck farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    exists since feb 2nd 2005, so it's couple of 100 days. but "looting" gold is a rather small part of my time spend ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

How many toons do you have? Considering you have over 2k achievements.

How many toons do you have? Considering you have over 2k achievements.
    7 lvl90. Warrior as main (1st char), Eleshaman as "real" alt (nhc geared). Druid, Hunter, DK & Paladin (not much played time) camp the AH, making lots of gold. Another Warrior on alliance side for AV and checking AH for nice prices (trade via neutral AH). But all in all it should be ~1.56m gold looted on all toons, Shaman at ~210k f.e.

Playing the AH nets you far more gold than farming mobs does. Chances are you would've hit that cap a lot sooner...

Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    Playing the AH nets you far more gold than farming mobs does. Chances are you would've hit that cap a lot sooner...
    How do I loot gold by "playing the AH"?
    Made ~12.5m from the AH according to my stats btw (all chars).

Congratz very nicely done sir

7+ Year Old Account
    Very impressive, I'm attempting to break the 100k gold barrier now.

Grats Nightstalker. A good goal to accomplish.

I cringed when i saw "Gold Looted"
    Painful reminder of DM-N runs and looting everything individually.

I will never accomplish this goal but impressed none-the-less