Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I never realised this about Feugen and Stalagg

If they die at the same time you get two Thadius.

I was just playing a mage who flamestriked them both (Feugen had 4 hp) and got a nice surprise.

Deleted
    Pics or it never happened

Working as intended since they both die before the death rattle goes off, thereby fulfilling the condition for the death rattle to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Working as intended since they both die before the death rattle goes off, thereby fulfilling the condition for the death rattle to occur.
    Yea I realised after it happens that how it works, was totally unexpected though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Imagine if you'd had a Baron Rivendare that survived the flame strike. 4 Thaddiuses would be pretty much impossible to deal with.
    I use them in a priest deck so there is the potential to proc them yourself with an Auchenai + Circle combo, and with enough mana you could play a Baron Rivendare at the same time.

I really think its a bug that just isn't important enough to fix yet.

Considering how other deathrattles are working now, the one played first should go off, THEN the second one played.

If you slam a Sylv into a Sylv with one on board they don't go off at the same time, they take turns.

Fuegen and Stalagg deathrattles also go off one after another? They do, in fact, go off in the order in which they were played, as well.

Order of events go like this:
    Spell kills both Fuegen and Stalagg, both deathrattles are placed in the queue.
    First deathrattle (lets say it's Fuegen's) resolves. It checks - did Stalagg die? Sure did. Summons Thaddius.
    Second deathrattle resolves. It checks - did Fuegen die? Sure did. Summons Thaddius.

Deathrattles don't happen instantly, it's not like something dies -> immediately resolve deathrattle. The full spell has to resolve first - the one that killed both dudes - and only after that do the deathrattles line up.

It's also not a bug, fully intended: https://twitter.com/KindbudiiIchig0/...13336203210752

I was disappointed this wasn't a thread about how to tell them apart =/ (Fuegen has four attack, Stalagg has seven, etc.)
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2014-08-27 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Fuegen and Stalagg deathrattles also go off one after another? They do, in fact, go off in the order in which they were played, as well.

Order of events go like this:
    Spell kills both Fuegen and Stalagg, both deathrattles are placed in the queue.
    First deathrattle (lets say it's Fuegen's) resolves. It checks - did Stalagg die? Sure did. Summons Thaddius.
    Second deathrattle resolves. It checks - did Fuegen die? Sure did. Summons Thaddius.

Deathrattles don't happen instantly, it's not like something dies -> immediately resolve deathrattle. The full spell has to resolve first - the one that killed both dudes - and only after that do the deathrattles line up.

It's also not a bug, fully intended: https://twitter.com/KindbudiiIchig0/...13336203210752

I was disappointed this wasn't a thread about how to tell them apart =/ (Fuegen has four attack, Stalagg has seven, etc.)
    Ahh I never thought about the deaths happening at the same time, I was tunnel visioned on the deathrattles.

My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    If you slam a Sylv into a Sylv with one on board they don't go off at the same time, they take turns.
    And so do these.

Much like SylvA doesn't try to possess SylvB (because both are dead).

What happens is, the event (flamestrike) occurs. Both die. Now all deathrattles from the flamestrike go off, in order.

Certainly not a bug.

add in KT and you can get both back for even more fun! Though the odds of having stalagg,feugen, rivendare and kel'thuzad at the same time is rather slim

Deleted
    Working as intended.

Both creatures have same deathrattle that provokes Thaddius if the other guy died.

Deathrattles resolve AFTER creature had died. The quota are met - Thaddius is summoned twice because two deathrattles trigger.

In this case it's beneficial. But it's not always beneficial. If you have Dark Cultist + something else and it gets flamestriked, you gain nothing if the other creature didnt survived the flamestrike.

Besides, this happens rather rarely. You have to draw both, play both and enemy has to kill them both with ONE aoe spell. Very stingy and gimmicky. Seen crazier shit emerge on Shaman deathrattle decks. 5 leeroys for example.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    add in KT and you can get both back for even more fun! Though the odds of having stalagg,feugen, rivendare and kel'thuzad at the same time is rather slim
    As a matter of fact, you won't get them back if you play KT.

KT, Rivendare, and 4 Thadii will almost fill up the field - one of the Fuegen/Stalagg pair won't fit on the board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly related, if you use reincarnate on Kel'thuzad, it spawns four of them.
    Kel'thuzad > reincarnate spawns two, and each of those Kel'thuzad spawn one each for the dead Thuzad from earlier in the turn.
    Feugen and Stalagg also work if the enemy has had one of them killed and your other one dies, IE if their stalagg dies and your feugen dies, you get a Thaddius.

Proof for the Kel'thuzad

As a matter of fact, you won't get them back if you play KT.

KT, Rivendare, and 4 Thadii will almost fill up the field - one of the Fuegen/Stalagg pair won't fit on the board.
    Oh right.. Well its for the better I guess.

If your Feugen and opponent's Stalagg die at the same time (to Hellfire for example), will both players get Thaddius?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    I really think its a bug that just isn't important enough to fix yet.
    It isn't really a bug. Creature damage happens, then creature deaths are calculated, then deathrattles occur. They don't repeat the order for each creature separately, and that would screw up other things if they did.

Feugen and Stalagg both die. Deathrattles are checked, yes, Feugen died also, summon Thaddius. Yes, Stalagg died also, summon Thaddius. Working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    If your Feugen and opponent's Stalagg die at the same time (to Hellfire for example), will both players get Thaddius?
    Yes, this happened to me in another match. I can't remember what the exact trigger was, maybe Hellfire with whichever of the two's a 4/7 already damaged, but we both ended up with a Thaddius, having only played one of the twins each.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be intended in a way because of how board clears work, but I doubt it will stay in the case of spawning more than 1 thaddius.

Hearthstone could really use a "rule-book" of some sorts, as there's a lot of things that don't always work as you'd expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Azutael View Post
    It might be intended in a way because of how board clears work, but I doubt it will stay in the case of spawning more than 1 thaddius.

Hearthstone could really use a "rule-book" of some sorts, as there's a lot of things that don't always work as you'd expect.
    Why? This is perfectly logical. Both minions die, then both deathrattles get triggered. Really, to trigger a deathrattle, the minion must have died first.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Imagine if you'd had a Baron Rivendare that survived the flame strike. 4 Thaddiuses would be pretty much impossible to deal with.
    Tried this as a warlock.. Baron up, Stalag and Feugen up. Power overwhelming on both twins. Void terror the twins.. 4xThaddius + a 25/25 void terror.. Good times.

This...is genius. Wow. I'll never have to do a quick hover again. Thank you!

Last night I also confirmed the first F/S can be silenced, and the second F/S can still summon Thaddius. Seems obvious from reading the Deathrattle, but wasn't completely sure how silence might break it.