Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    In my vanilla guild, we were 9, I repeat NINE warlocks. We actually made our raidleads brother respec his priest to shadow to get the debuff, based on the argument that this would significantly boost raid dps (which it did). That guy, stacked with every non-set caster cloth item imaginable, ended up being the envy of every single priest on the server

The flipside is, it took AGES to get our sets together, but being the biggest clique in our guild (plus the raidleads GF was our class officer) made more than up for that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraychicken View Post
    Sunwell....so many resto shamans...so much yellow laser.
    Yeah, rerolling resto shaman for more chain heals was crazy. Cycling people into certain groups for bloodlust was fun to.
    You're a towel.

Not a raid but I've had a few times where I queued into a dungeon to get grouped with 4 other Druids.

They had 3 warlocks on the kill IIRC Kuruption. A recent raid in my guild had 5 shaman, 4 of them being enhancement.

Not mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0OVNxNmc#gid=0

The fact that I had to make that for heroic Thok was insane, not really a specific comp issue but basically that everyone that didn't have a raid cooldown was worthless because DPS was a joke.
    >HTT = 66% if not resto

Man, I *wish* Ele/Enh HTT was that powerful.

Resto Shamans have a 1.25x healing multiplier, and a 1.5x water totem multiplier. Those two things alone mean an Ele/Enh HTT is only 53.3% as effective. Once you factor in Resto Mastery, Ele/Enh HTT can barely manage 33%.

A little different I suppose but the solo HOLY priest for garrosh 10 hc first kill. After an expansion of people complaining holy was so underpowered ( especially next to disc priests) it blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    >HTT = 66% if not resto

Man, I *wish* Ele/Enh HTT was that powerful.

Resto Shamans have a 1.25x healing multiplier, and a 1.5x water totem multiplier. Those two things alone mean an Ele/Enh HTT is only 53.3% as effective. Once you factor in Resto Mastery, Ele/Enh HTT can barely manage 33%.
    I don't believe it says anywhere on there that it's 66% of a Resto HTT, the fact is that Resto HTT is one of the strongest cooldowns in the game. I was valuing it at 66% of a generic raid CD, hence it being underneath AG/VE as 50% of a real raid CD. This would mean that it would need to be paired with another weak cooldown to have the same value as a real cooldown. Why you'd think that a random number like 66% is supposed to be anywhere close to indicative of true, actual strength is beyond me, it was just shorthand for "about 2/3s of someone else's CD", namely compared to other DPS cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I don't believe it says anywhere on there that it's 66% of a Resto HTT, the fact is that Resto HTT is one of the strongest cooldowns in the game. I was valuing it at 66% of a generic raid CD, hence it being underneath AG/VE as 50% of a real raid CD. This would mean that it would need to be paired with another weak cooldown to have the same value as a real cooldown. Why you'd think that a random number like 66% is supposed to be anywhere close to indicative of true, actual strength is beyond me, it was just shorthand for "about 2/3s of someone else's CD", namely compared to other DPS cooldowns.
    http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2...owns-overview/

Ele/Enh: Healing Tide Totem - 1.2M (10M raid), 2.9M (25M raid)
    Ele: Ancestral Guidance - 3.2M (Just damage-to-healing conversion)
    Enh: Ancestral Guidance - 3.7M (Just damage-to-healing conversion)
    Resto: Healing Tide Totem - 4.2M (10M raid), 10.1M (25M raid)
    Resto: Ancestral Guidance - 8.2M

I guess I don't understand what "generic raid CD" means in this context, since an Ele/Enh CD aren't 66% of.. well, anything. It looked to me like you were trying to say Ele/Enh HTT were stronger than an AG from the same player, which is just silly. If I was wrong to assume that's what you meant, sorry. I had to make something similar to your spreadsheet for my guild when we were progressing on H Thok. :P
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2014-08-30 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    In classic, 6-8 warriors weren't even that uncommon in better guilds. They were the only tanks back then. Four Horsemen needed 8 and you also needed 4-5 for trash. AND they were the Top-DPS

In TBC we used something like 5 Restoration Shamans for the Twins in SWP, moreover something like 8 Shamans in total for Speedkills (they were the only ones who could buff bloodlust and there wasnt sated back then). And lots of warlocks... 4-5 warlocks for great DPS (and 0-1 Mages^^).

In Wotlk i only remember DK-Tank stacking, but you only needed 2 Tanks anyway but even thats ok.

In Cata of course the 11 Druid Nefarian kill and a lot of druids to kill Ragnaros HC... but in general classes were quite balanced back then so stacking wasnt that common.

In MoP of course Warlock and Rogue Stacking especially in SoO. Top Guilds had 5 Rogues and 5 Warlocks during Progress?! I think Paragon did some speedkills with 7-8 Affliction Warlocks.

I didn't notice how heavy Druid stacked we were in Wrath until we buddy up with other guilds for 25mans. Literally heard from them everytime. "Why did I just invite 7 Druids..."

10+ Year Old Account
    think it was last week paragon ran 8 locks in their h soo clear. shit was banaynay
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    11 Warlocks for Brutallus.

Also we run SoO with 6+ Warlocks every week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, rerolling resto shaman for more chain heals was crazy. Cycling people into certain groups for bloodlust was fun to.
    It wasn't a class reroll but anyone remember everyone having to have everyone go LW for drums of battle?

10+ Year Old Account
    My vanilla all shaman guild, cleared mc. 6 tank shams, 11 resto, and the rest enhance or elemental. Though I think we had more ele than enhance. It took us almost until the launch of BC to do it, but we did it. I was main tank/guild leader. Guild was Natural Disaster, long since disbanded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.