Thread: Legendary Gems

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legendary Gems

Diablofans has a nice list of all the gems.

Only been playing for an hour, but I got myself a pain enhancer just now, and testing it out on my wizard (at the cost of some precious %crit damage) its proc truly does tremendously enhance the pain of my enemies.

Seems like an obvious choice to me.

Gem of Efficacious Toxin also looks really good.

After getting that one I'm not sure which one to put into the third slot, though.

Which ones are you guys using, or planning on using?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Please say the EU client has the real version of jewellery in the text

Probably going to see a lot of pet damage, primary skill damage and damage to CCd targets as the 3rd gem.

I don't expect to see many people using the defensive ones outside of hardcore, because they honestly don't seem necessary.

My main problem is going to be finding space for a socket on my already not too great amulets/rings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stephenc87 View Post
    Please say the EU client has the real version of jewellery in the text
    It doesn't.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-08-27 at 08:25 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Got the one from Greed. Seems pretty useless. :\

Bane of the Trapped seems incredibly good for just about every class. The second affix is basically a flat ~23% damage increase.

Having a blast with Wreath of Lightning. The AOE pretty much clears all the trash for me while I just constantly keep moving. Taeguk sounds really good too for a Tempest Rush build (or Whirlwind for barbs) as you can maintain 100% uptime at max stacks then and the defensive secondary effect is needed at higher Greater rift levels
    Last edited by Abysal; 2014-08-28 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the pet one and quite a few others now... my problem is on my amulet and rings all 3 have had rolls to get crit chance... means I'd have to lose a lot of crit for the 3 gems! Playing WD.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

I got on that boosts my damage for 30+1 sec by 20% when I kill a elite pack/champion, then I got the poison one and now I got one that has a 15% chance to explode in 600% damage aoe. I'm loving these

Atm running with the pet one and farming for a better RoRG since mine is pretty bad if i reroll a socket on it. Will go for the damage on slowed enemies one and the third..well, many look really powerful.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

enforcer and bane of the trapped are great. bane of the powerful ( is good too but not that great) sometimes it takes too long to find an elite pack and if u die u lose ur buff so gg.

this is for dh btw.
    pets=sentries= massive dmg boost from enforcer + cold dh has awesome slows for bane of the trapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment I'm using Boon of the Hoarder and Mirinae on my crusader, smiting bitches for insane amounts of damage, the third one (if it EVER drops) will be Strength of Simplicity.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    enforcer and bane of the trapped are great. bane of the powerful ( is good too but not that great) sometimes it takes too long to find an elite pack and if u die u lose ur buff so gg.

this is for dh btw.
    pets=sentries= massive dmg boost from enforcer + cold dh has awesome slows for bane of the trapped.
    does bane of the trapped work with entangling shot?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Using bane of the powerful and the smite gem on my shotgun Crusader.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    bane of the powerful ( is good too but not that great) sometimes it takes too long to find an elite pack and if u die u lose ur buff so gg.
    It's phenomenal once you get it to a higher duration (35% damage + 55sec duration at rank 25).

Running with powerful and wreath on my lightning monk, haven't got a third gem that suits my build yet, nor do I really want to reforge my third piece of jewelry, I'd rather find a good replacement piece. Also need to replace my RoRG with another that doesn't have me rolling out of crit chance for a socket. If I had a third gem it'd probably either be trapped or IAS/CDR.

Once I start up my crusader again I already got the holy one waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    It's phenomenal once you get it to a higher duration (35% damage + 55sec duration at rank 25).

Running with powerful and wreath on my lightning monk, haven't got a third gem that suits my build yet, nor do I really want to reforge my third piece of jewelry, I'd rather find a good replacement piece. Also need to replace my RoRG with another that doesn't have me rolling out of crit chance for a socket. If I had a third gem it'd probably either be trapped or IAS/CDR.

bane is only 20% for 50 sec at rank 25. the 15% added elite dmg is nice though, its just difficult finding a good RoRg with a socket and the ideal stats. combined with a nice soj/ammy. im glad to see that wreath is usful to some, it looked kinda meh since its only like 1-2 targets.

I am using the smite one the damage increase when you spend resources and the attack speed. I may swap out the damage increase when I get the poison one though. My current build is a lightning crusader so all bonus damage and attack speed is glorious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really looking forward to seeing how Bane and the poison interact on my cold leapquake barb.

Hoping that earthquake applies the poison dot (which pretty sure it will) meaning that it will be a wicked free source of damage.

Might trade out the Bane for the CC damage one though depending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post

Combine that with the bracers that spawn elites from shrines and we have a really good time (especially in rifts). =P

Any level 70 ring/amulet with a socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    bane is only 20% for 50 sec at rank 25. the 15% added elite dmg is nice though, its just difficult finding a good RoRg with a socket and the ideal stats. combined with a nice soj/ammy. im glad to see that wreath is usful to some, it looked kinda meh since its only like 1-2 targets.
    Oh I made a mistake on the damage, but it starts at 30 secs at rank 0, not 25 secs like it says on diablo wiki. Should end up at 55 sec once I get to rank 25.

I'm pretty sure my wreath hits pretty much any target in range at a time, and with a lightning build it melts through regular mobs in seconds in T4 and below, and is a nice bonus in T5+.

Quote Originally Posted by SmexyZombie View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing how Bane and the poison interact on my cold leapquake barb.

Hoping that earthquake applies the poison dot (which pretty sure it will) meaning that it will be a wicked free source of damage.

Might trade out the Bane for the CC damage one though depending.
    just about anything applys the DoT from the gem, using it on my WD, locust swarm procs it with each jump even hitting a target with the pot from spiders applys it so earthquake should.