Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Streamer Swatted live on Twitch.

Just saw this pop up on my twitter feed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TheCreatures...t_got_swatted/

Streamers The Creatures, got swatted whilst live streaming. Seemingly this has been happening to a few streamers lately, but first I have heard of it, after watching the video, it scared me, must have been terrifying! Why would someone do that to people? Seems completely crazy o.o

Was reported that there was a live shooter at the address of where these streamers work from. Which is possibly false.

i hope everyone involved is ok.

I also have to admit that I found the way the police spoke to the guy a little condescending and a little bit like he was trying to be confrontational, calling him boy, and asking him what he found so funny (guy was pretty level headed and seemed to be complying with them at every step), seemed a little unneeded. however I am in the UK so it could just be a regional thing.

EDIT: Just want to clarify, that given the information the police have, they were doing their jobs in my opinion. They have no way of knowing that it is a hoax and so have rules to follow in regards to a possible shooter. This thread wasn't created to condemn the police/SWAT team, but more so to talk about the people behind these fake calls.
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2014-08-27 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a waste of Law Enforcement resources...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What a waste of Law Enforcement resources...
    Indeed, it is craziness.

Deleted
    thats scary man, 5 armed guys bash down your door aiming guns at your screaming, what the hell.

Deleted
    It's not all that uncommon for people who make videos on the Internet to get Swatted, which is rather depressing when you think about it.

Deleted
    ive not seen one like that with armed police forcing their way in, but i remember swifty got arrested live on stream once, probably same douche bag making phony reports , some how serious enough that they are allowed to enter like that and detain with no investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy- I'm sure glad these militarized police are protecting these guys so brilliantly! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Thats crazy. Those joker gonna have a real bad time.
    Most likely won't actually.

What kind of limp-dick jokers thinks it is funny to waste law enforcement resources this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool-kun View Post
    It's not all that uncommon for people who make videos on the Internet to get Swatted, which is rather depressing when you think about it.
    I never knew this happened till today, honestly very shocked, can't wrap my head around why someone would do that, other than just to be a complete git. What does someone get out of it? I mean it's just absurd, causing such a disruption, potential for someone to get hurt, scaring people. That is some sick individual ><

It's not just a problem with the people calling these things in. It's a problem with law enforcement having no concept of proportionality and being insanely gullible. They are more concerned with getting a chance to bring their toys out than with doing their actual jobs.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I understand the police have to take calls seriously, and I don't exactly fault them for doing so.
    But I really hope they are able to find the little turds who call this stuff in and have their backsides hammered.

With that said, the guy kept his cool during the whole situation, good for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's not just a problem with the people calling these things in. It's a problem with law enforcement having no concept of proportionality and being insanely gullible. They are more concerned with getting a chance to bring their toys out than with doing their actual jobs.
    You realize how badly people would be bashing them if they didn't respond to a crime scene or they sent out one car and before they coudl get everyone else out a few people died? Plus, armed suspects are why they have those "toys". They really are damned if they do and damned if they don't, because if they didn't respond as they did and someone was killing people and more lives were lost due to a reaction that was anything less and required more time, they would be crucified anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to America.

I moved here with my family from Germany a few years ago, and the police/law enforcement here are a joke. They're so stupid, rude, and inefficient. Just questioning them or talking back can get you in BIG trouble or tased/shot. They also usually have no respect for your property or privacy.

Deleted
    People do seem somewhat under the impression that the police have some magical orb of truth, if someone calls in and says that there is a shooting then they can't try and investigate, they have to react immediately otherwise in a real scenario it could be peoples lives on the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know the police could just pick your phone and search through it.

Deleted
    how did the people who "swatted" him know his real address ?
    You Never, ever give out your address on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are so apathetic, it is sickening. No regard for the officers time and resources, and no regard for the streamer's safety.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Didn't know the police could just pick your phone and search through it.
    They can't. Supreme Court case Riley v. California says they have to get a warrant first, even if they're arresting you, they have to get a warrant to search the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I understand the police have to take calls seriously, and I don't exactly fault them for doing so.
    But I really hope they are able to find the little turds who call this stuff in and have their backsides hammered.

With that said, the guy kept his cool during the whole situation, good for him.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize how badly people would be bashing them if they didn't respond to a crime scene or they sent out one car and before they coudl get everyone else out a few people died? Plus, armed suspects are why they have those "toys". They really are damned if they do and damned if they don't, because if they didn't respond as they did and someone was killing people and more lives were lost due to a reaction that was anything less and required more time, they would be crucified anyways.
    Other developed nations do not have this militaristic response as the standard, and their countries are not awash in violence as a result. These shows of force are not constructive. Just recently a baby was maimed by a flashbang they threw through the window during a raid.

How does one get the swat team to actually show up like that anyway? lol
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.