Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Right? I asked the same damn thing. How did he get shot?

Normally the crew is behind or directly to the side.
    THe MSN article said the guy that got shot got separated form the camera man. So he probably blundered into line of fire on accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    30 shots fired? I wonder, if they'd shot only 29 times, perhaps the Cops crew member wouldn't have been hit and killed?
    Well or at least aimed at not the bystander but the guy with the "gun" but probably sight was obstructed from inhaling too many donuts or whatever.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-08-28 at 01:18 AM.

Oh look, another case of a person refusing to disarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    One of the reasons i love living in ireland :P

10+ Year Old Account
    "Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Jeez what will be a shootable offense next week?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If you don't think someone pointing a weapon that looks exactly like a gun from a distance at a cop is not a reason to get shot, you need your head examined. Then again maybe they should have used a taser and just waited to see if it was a real one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shoot at someone, you're probably gonna get shot at back. I dont think the cops rather take the chance of themselves getting killed by not shooting bakc and taking the time to analyze if the weapon is in fact, a BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/co...olice-shooting

"The suspect fired from the pellet gun before officers returned fire, Police Chief Todd Schmaderer said at a news conference.He said witnesses and officers thought the robbery suspect's Airsoft handgun looked and sounded real, but discovered later that it fires only plastic pellets."

While a BB gun isnt fatal, I highly doubt there was a way to tell if that was BB gun ahead of time before they fired back.

I mena I know this is going to get a lot of shit, but according to the article I linked, the guy fired first so the officers responded. Unless you dont want cops to shoot back even if shot at.
    Airsoft guns make essentially no noise when fired - if you're close enough to hear the noise you're close enough to realize the gun is plastic. Not to say the victim wasn't a dipshit, but 30 shots seems excessively ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Airsoft guns make essentially no noise when fired - if you're close enough to hear the noise you're close enough to realize the gun is plastic. Not to say the victim wasn't a dipshit, but 30 shots seems excessively ignorant.
    The thing is again, they fire to empty their clip period. They do not fire one shot, or two shots. When you are forced to chose a lethal course of action you don't shoot to use non-lethal force. I understand it seems rough but that's just the way it is.

Someone pointing a gun at you isn't one? The fuck is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    clip
    *magazine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I totally understand why they were firing on him (That gun looks WAAAAYY real), people saying "Well you don't just shoot a couple of times, this isn't CoD where you save bullets for the next guy" is wrong. There is something wrong with our police force that needs to be changed when its common place for six officers to empty an entire clip at someone.
    http://rt.com/usa/us-germany-85-shots-022/
    The entirety of Germany fired 85 shots total, over a year. 49 were warning shots.
    Now you might be saying "Well the U.S is much bigger than Germany!" You're right, about 4 times bigger. So multiply 85 by 4, you get 340.
    For perceptive, here's a case where officers shot at the WRONG vehicle and two innocent women 103 times.
    103. http://www.thewire.com/national/2014...-fired/357771/
    Ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Someone pointing a gun at you isn't one? The fuck is wrong with you?
    I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    While I totally understand why they were firing on him (That gun looks WAAAAYY real), people saying "Well you don't just shoot a couple of times, this isn't CoD where you save bullets for the next guy" is wrong. There is something wrong with our police force that needs to be changed when its common place for six officers to empty an entire clip at someone.
    The entirety of Germany fired 85 shots total, over a year. 49 were warning shots.
    Now you might be saying "Well the U.S is much bigger than Germany!" You're right, about 4 times bigger. So multiply 85 by 4, you get 340.
    For perceptive, here's a case where officers shot at the WRONG vehicle and two innocent women 103 times.
    Ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

However, what is the rate of German citizenry owning guns? That's often the big factor here in the U.S. I imagine German police shoot less cause their criminals are less likely to own a gun to shoot back with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    However, what is the rate of German citizenry owning guns? That's often the big factor here in the U.S. I imagine German police shoot less cause their criminals are less likely to own a gun to shoot back with.
    I don't disagree with you, but regardless the point still stands: It seems like our police are trained to just kill first, ask questions later. (Which in a case with a hostile suspect firing on you is completely reasonable, however that's not always the case.) It seems messed up that we have such a ridiculously high police violence rate compared to other countries. Might say something about our gun laws but that's for another thread.

30 shots seems excessively ignorant
    You're drastically underestimating how hard it is to kill someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

The guy could have been holding a banana and they still would have shot him if he pointed it at them.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the thing every cop has to fire because if a cop is going to assume another cop is going to fire you are going to end up with dead cops &/or other people and the other thing real life isn't tv shooting someone you think is a threat once isn't a guarantee they are going to be stop being a threat it's harsh but them being dead does guarantee it and more bullets=better odds they are dead.

Seriously thinking if some shit goes down at my house ever I am not calling the cops. It might be best ot take care of stuff myself after watching all this crazy shit in the US. Cops are out of control and terrible fucking shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    If you don't think someone pointing a weapon that looks exactly like a gun from a distance at a cop is not a reason to get shot, you need your head examined. Then again maybe they should have used a taser and just waited to see if it was a real one.
    If it was a real gun getting tazed isn't a 100% guarantee he still wouldn't be able to shoot someone with it. Until Star Trek gets here and we have weapons that instantly incapacitate someone this is still gonna happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Seriously thinking if some shit goes down at my house ever I am not calling the cops. It might be best ot take care of stuff myself after watching all this crazy shit in the US. Cops are out of control and terrible fucking shots.
    Yeah except these incidents are like .001% of all the incidents cops are involved in but they are the ones that bring in ratings so they are the only ones you hear about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Tragic. =( I dunno about the way the airsoft gun sounded, but I'd imagine that if you're a cop in that situation you don't really wait to see if the sound is right. Spur of the moment you don't know if he has a silencer, or if you just missed something, or what.
    or if a bullet wasn't in the chamber but next shot would have one.

i don't feel sorry for the robber at all, but the other guy that was shot... is kind of sad, w/e darwinism in play, get between cops and their suspect is like getting between hungry dogs and a piece of meat (REAL bad analogy i know...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    If it was a real gun getting tazed isn't a 100% guarantee he still wouldn't be able to shoot[/COLOR]
    true, electricity can cause muscles to contract not only seize up, can lead to trigger being squeezed, wouldn't be a problem unless he was aiming it at that exact time he was tased though.
    Last edited by Christan; 2014-08-28 at 02:54 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.