Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

If Symbiosis is gone

Then what are we getting in its place? nothing?

I remember it being a lvl 78 or something spell?

(Looking to main a druid in WOD thats all)

Do Druid NEED something in it's place?

Deleted
    I never said they did
    I just asked the question

10+ Year Old Account
    They're trying to cut down on spell clutter, and that's definitely one of them (even if it's useful depending on who you cast it on).

It was very difficult to balance for pvp, and offered basically nothing in general pve for most roles, and was sometimes amazing for tanks (extra def-CD), so they removed it.
    It was a level 87 talent, we don't know if we'll get a new spell at that level, but it has no direct replacement, as that's not something Blizzard do.
    (Eg. we never heard "Eyes of the beast is being removed, but in return, take a counter shot!" not least because they don't match)
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

I believe that the developers considered many of the abilities to be defensive/survivability. So their goal was to balance survivability in WoD to compensate for Symbiosis' absence.

From the beta patch notes:
    The loss of Symbiosis primarily impacted Druid survivability, as many of the abilities received through Symbiosis were defensive cooldowns. To compensate for that, we improved Barkskin (for non-Feral Druids) and Survival Instincts (for Feral and Guardian Druids).
    Symbiosis is sometimes fun or handy, but kind of awkward. I'll miss it (I usually put it on a HPaly in pve, and my disc got a spell counter in arenas), but not as much as another removed awkward, gimmicky spell (dark apotheosis). "Spell gained at level X" isn't really something we should expect to remain static for 1-90, since all that's being reworked.
    Last edited by Gwiez; 2014-08-28 at 12:25 AM.

They are reducing the number of spells all classes have. Why would they replace it with anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're being stupid about it.

Originally, they said they'd replace it with a 2-charge survival instincts. I didn't have an issue with that. However during their ability-purge crusade they basically overkilled our defensives.

As per current beta-patch:

We lost the following defensives (boomkin): NS-HT/Ursoc's/Symbiosis in exchange for a 30-second CD barkskin.

If that goes live, I have some major concerns because that's a heavy blow to our survivability, particularly in PvP.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Deleted
    From PvE-perspective I will totally miss Symbiosis. The spells you can choose are kinda weird, obv, but in general I totally loved them in raiding environment. On each boss, one of the spells made my life significantly easier.

Spiritwalkers Grace for a running tranquility or Deterrence as an immunity or Leap of Faith to grip people all are really nice!

Screw symbiosis. It had some useful raid utility, but they gutted and neutered everyone's raid utility anyway.

To compensate they buffed survival insticts to an INSANE 70% damage reduction on a TWO MINUTE cooldown that has TWO charges. Like wtf? That is ridiculously powerful right there. Much better than symbiosis could ever hope to be.

I will miss life gripping people and tranqing while running though, but those were only as a healer.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Screw symbiosis. It had some useful raid utility, but they gutted and neutered everyone's raid utility anyway.

To compensate they buffed survival insticts to an INSANE 70% damage reduction on a TWO MINUTE cooldown that has TWO charges. Like wtf? That is ridiculously powerful right there. Much better than symbiosis could ever hope to be.

I will miss life gripping people and tranqing while running though, but those were only as a healer.
    I'd put SI way below Feint + Elusiveness which has a 1 second cooldown.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We gained owlkin frenzy which procs an instant cast that can be used on heals, + 30 sec barkskin.

basically if we get trained, they feed us free heals

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

I heard that's no longer the case, back to 50% and caster druids with 1 charge + barkskin again. And I'd disagree that it's more powerful than symbiosis, ursoc and barkskin that feral lost all of for this 1 extra charge.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2014-08-28 at 03:43 PM.

The best use I had for Symbiosis was to Life Grip the tank on Oondasta into the raid and wipe everyone to Frill Blast.

Nothing else compared. And I could just blame priests in the raid, nobody thought to suspect the druid actually did it.

It is a bad spell in the way it was designed anyway. Can't use it unless in a group. That is dumb. Sorry to the people who liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthok View Post
    They're trying to cut down on spell clutter, and that's definitely one of them (even if it's useful depending on who you cast it on).
    I always thought it was funny how they wanted to clean up out spell books some them i first saw the perks and thought, that's ironic they say our books are to cluttered and take some away and hand every one 10 more lvl'ing perks in their books lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    It is a bad spell in the way it was designed anyway. Can't use it unless in a group. That is dumb. Sorry to the people who liked it.
    It wouldn't of been so bad if it gave us a +5% Dmg/healing -5% dmg taken passive, that only worked when we were solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    I always thought it was funny how they wanted to clean up out spell books some them i first saw the perks and thought, that's ironic they say our books are to cluttered and take some away and hand every one 10 more lvl'ing perks in their books lol

- - - Updated - - -
    The perks are passive to spells you have so doesn't bloat your bars

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I'd put SI way below Feint + Elusiveness which has a 1 second cooldown.
    With a resource cost and requires a talent. 20 energy + gcd + talent for 65% ae damage reduction or 30% if it is single target versus no resource cost + no talent cost + 2 min 2 charges for 70% to everything. Honestly, as a pve rogue, I think I'd trade you. If you're just needing it occasionally SI is clearly better. You can just spam feint every 7 seconds to keep it up which might sound really nice, but it is incredibly unfun.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2014-08-28 at 06:21 PM.

I always threw it on a mage but that was just for myself in a dungeon/raid. I got the mirror images so when hero popped I dropped some mirror images with every other cd.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    I always threw it on a mage but that was just for myself in a dungeon/raid. I got the mirror images so when hero popped I dropped some mirror images with every other cd.
    You realise you spend a global for a total of 3000 damage (total images duration, damage not dps) right? An instant spell + NG uptime can offer you x100 the damage.

I will miss symb for the AMS and CoS mechanics cheezing. Immuning fear on Sha of Fear or the debuff on Jin'rokh HC were invaluable.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2014-08-28 at 08:10 PM.