Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    QFT

also SI is only 50% now
    If you multiplied out the damage reduction and cooldown for SI + Barkskin + Ursoc + Symbiosis it was mid 60s% damage reduction per minute. Rounding up to 70 seemed fair since before you had choices of which cooldown was needed. Would love to know what inspired them to lower it past 60% all the way down to 50. I guess that's what happens when all the good designers quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    A lot of classes aren't being compensated for scrapped abilities, so don't expect anything outside of talents/perks.

You could be like Mage and lose an amazing talent (Temporal Shield) as well as two baseline spells becoming talents (Mirror Image and Alter Time), on top of having all sense of PvP and survivability abolished (Deep Freeze nerfed to shit, Combustion nerfed beyond its already shit state, all self-healing pretty much gone)
    I'm sorry this comment is just inane...comparing the total removal of a MAKE OR BREAK PvP and PvE ability with some partial nerfs and changing abilities to talents is ridiculous.

Symbiosis was a huge factor for deciding on druid arena comps as well as invaluable tool to cheese raiding mechanics...I could throw out literally dozens of boss fights where it was make or break for many teams.

"Getting barkskin back" as balance/resto just plain sucks from a fun and a mechanics perspective. I understand that ultimately they're going to balance pvp and pve around druids not having symbiosis but I thoroughly enjoyed the ability to swap symbiosis targets on a fight-by-fight basis depending on what was optimal and my raid was rewarded with having more flexibility with personal soaking / DR CDs. As far as I'm concerned it's a lose-lose for druids and their teammates even though the dev team wins by having to spend less time balancing around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was cool to see kitty do a feign death, he would lie there with his tongue hanging out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to miss Life Grip It was nice showing Priests how to properly use their own ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You realise you spend a global for a total of 3000 damage (total images duration, damage not dps) right? An instant spell + NG uptime can offer you x100 the damage.

I will miss symb for the AMS and CoS mechanics cheezing. Immuning fear on Sha of Fear or the debuff on Jin'rokh HC were invaluable.
    Yeah, it really annoys me every time i see a noobkin using MI as a "Damage CD", when it is necessarily a damage loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pippilongear View Post
    I'm sorry this comment is just inane...comparing the total removal of a MAKE OR BREAK PvP and PvE ability with some partial nerfs and changing abilities to talents is ridiculous.

Symbiosis was a huge factor for deciding on druid arena comps as well as invaluable tool to cheese raiding mechanics...I could throw out literally dozens of boss fights where it was make or break for many teams.
    That was likely a reason it was removed. It basically forced certain comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    I thought it was cool to see kitty do a feign death, he would lie there with his tongue hanging out.
    This was my favorite thing to do in dungeons when goofing around. Suddenly keel over dead with a sad kitty grunt. And hey, it was also useful for dropping aggro from pug tanks.

Bear health nerf is going to be another big Feral defensive CD nerf. In fact if raid damage is like Blizzard says you might as well not even bother and just stay kitty for the 20% extra healing

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFuse View Post
    I'm going to miss Life Grip It was nice showing Priests how to properly use their own ability.
    All our druids ever did (and still do) with it is mess with people while running back from wipes. Meanwhile I, as the actual priest, never used it for anything but actually helping during a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That was likely a reason it was removed. It basically forced certain comps.
    And made fights unintentionally easier to cheese.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    I'm still upset about losing this :/ I'm really not convinced all of this pruning they are doing is for the best.
    They aren't doing iit for the best, they do it to please the crybaby faction amongst the PVP crowds.
    Symbiosis was a nice and unique spell. Always liked it, be it on my druid or other classes.. on that note, gonna miss the [Overgrown Lilypad]. I wonder if they do something to it, or simply turn it into vendor trash.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sayne9 View Post
    Did they remove glyph of ninth life for ferals? 10% permanent damage reduction is pretty decent. Goes against the whole no required glyphs mantra as I don't know anyone in pve or pvp would would run without that.
    You can either have ninth life OR cat form +20% healing.
    With the change in the healing meta game being more about sustained healing rather then burst healing, plus the INCREDIBLE amount of healing ferals can do with DoC, the 20% extra healing for Cat Form will be mandatory for ferals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'm pretty sure last we heard, only guardian gets SI now, feral gets nothing apparently, and balance and resto get barkskin with its current functionality but a 30 second cooldown?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I'm pretty sure last we heard, only guardian gets SI now, feral gets nothing apparently, and balance and resto get barkskin with its current functionality but a 30 second cooldown?
    I don't think that's right. As far as I can see in the latest patch notes feral still has SI - 2 charges at 50% DR

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    I don't think that's right. As far as I can see in the latest patch notes feral still has SI - 2 charges at 50% DR
    Feral gets 2 SI charges nerfed back down to 50%. No more Symbiosis. No More barkskin. No more Might of Ursoc. Large Bear health nerf in most recent build makes Bear form worthless for everything except physical damage. The 20% cat form glyph is now just as good as the Bear health. Nine Lives glyph can't be combined with Cat form glyph so no help there either.

In the meantime Rogues keep Feint, Elusiveness, Evasion, Smokebomb, Cloak of Shadows, Vanish and Cheat Death.

Well, fun abilities are ofc getting removed, having any kind of fun is not allowed in Blizzards mmos', no it needs to be serious all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a nice ability and not that hard to learn (they claimed it was too much to remember, with all the classes and specs) plus it added some variety to the gameplay. And as a resto I really enjoy casting symbiosis on a shaman and then running around in my tree of life form, swinging the branches and casting tranquility. Oh, good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Alzerri View Post
    It was a nice ability and not that hard to learn (they claimed it was too much to remember, with all the classes and specs) plus it added some variety to the gameplay. And as a resto I really enjoy casting symbiosis on a shaman and then running around in my tree of life form, swinging the branches and casting tranquility. Oh, good times...
    Too much to remember? I suppose.... except there are a number of addons to show you which abilities you'd get. I guess it was too much for people who don't understand addons to understand but my goodness, I hate that they got rid of it! Life Grip was awesome to have, as was Spiritwalkers Grace. Running tranq? Don't mind if I do!! Now we're just going to have to ask our hunters to pop Aspect so we can do it instead of being able to time it ourselves. What a pain.