Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivation View Post
    I personally hate Paralysis. It's a 20yd Range stun! I don't PvP often, in fact most of the time I actually avoid PvP but the little PvP I actually do I end up almost tearing my hair out when a monk stuns me from a distance with this.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=107570/storm-bolt

30yd range stun.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Well that's just ruined my day. /cry

Deleted
    really... REALLY PEOPLE?!

art thou blind?!

arcane explosion

x_x

i hate it with such a passion........... and when i level alts and meet a mage who spams it constantly in dungeons i insta leave. it's a gamebreaker for me. urhhh, hate it!!!!

/rage over

have a nice day ^_^

Not a spell effect, but if you turn the Wayback Machine back to vanilla open beta, there was a time when the cat non-combat pets constantly meowed. Non-stop. I found that to be more hilarious than anything.

A note to those that hate the Warlock pet voices (the Imp makes me want hurt things), you can turn them off in the sound options.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    I don't -hate- any sound effects in WoW, surprisingly enough, but there are a few I find odd. The Holy Paladin proc Infusion of Light, for example. It makes this strange rattling sound that always makes me picture some kind of car that's seen better days. Why it's a sound effect for a holy knight is beyond me, but it's beginning to grow on me. Though maybe that's just because I associate it with that awesome proc.

RA-GARGH-GRAGH-GRAGH....
    I never understood it either, best way I could describe it was echoing chattering plate armor?

I'd for sure have to say the warlock Observer on live as far as sounds go, being melee I couldn't get away from it. Not a fan of sinister strike either, mostly because of frequency. In the past it was definitely Raptor pet. Can't believe no one has mentioned it. Exorcism has that weird "burp/moan" trailoff sound too lol. Wild Strike (a whip sound?), get ready to hear that even more with WoD fury.

Effect? Hand of Guldan wrecks my FPS for some reason, I guess because it's kinda "misty", which my PC has a hard time with. I think the spinning kick is pretty cheeseball too, and I think it's pure laziness that it's involved in every spec (a heal? come on!). Would be much cooler if you transformed into a green/gold/white lightning tornado based on spec..something

I would like arcane blast to have a projectile as well, or at least maybe a neat stretchy dark matter-ish vortex that goes a few feet out of your hand (so you wouldn't have to add travel time) Or simply having arcane charges gives your hands a singularity-like aura, like the old Warlock Void-heart helmet.
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-09-04 at 08:20 PM.

not a spell effect but, I hate the fucking gun sounds so much

I hate chakra, it's the only reason I don't like playing holy. It's pretty much constantly up and for some reason really annoys me. I believe it's the only spell effect thats up all the time :/

Also the very first incarnation of volley. Later they added those falling arrows so it made SOME sense, but before that it was just pink balls hitting enemies. I remember when I first got it on my hunter in TBC and used it I was like 'wtf is that supposed to be?'. Right now I have to agree with Murder of Crows though...

Quote Originally Posted by Reikar View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, those were re-recorded and replaced for the upcoming expansion.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Reikar View Post
    As mentioned above, that's changing in the expansion. Or you can fix it right now if you want:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rfor4.3.2.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

t h x !!!

7+ Year Old Account
    http://wowpedia.org/Inner_Focus

That spell can go die in a fire. Walking by a priest with that on makes me want to hang myself with an ethernet cord.

Smoke Bomb sound from Cata(first patches) it sounded like someone was puking.

Any ability that causes me to lose control of my character for more than a couple of seconds. Especially if it can be followed up by a second similar effect.