Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    On the bright side, shadow are now a shaman's worst nightmare with totem-killing SWP instant damage.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Really nice, shadow losing iconic spells. In the next build Disci will get Shadowform, shadow orbs, mind blast and devouring plague.
    Yeah, and Power Infusion will be made into a talent. Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    It sounds more like they are reducing shadows 'utility' with this, giving them a bigger reason to go disc instead.
    Oh please, like anyone has ever been told to go shadow because of their silence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Nooooo

Now I will have to interrupt It was so nice always blaming others for failing to interrupt because "Blizzard is stupid enough to not make me able to"

NOOOOO

HOMOGENISATION
    EVERYONE CAN INTERRUPT.
    BLIZZARD FIX
    Don't get me wrong, I dont like the homogenisation either, but its happening anyway, and if things like interrupts are essentially baseline then the one spec that doesnt have it is sevearly disadvantaged rather than being considered unique. Its like dispells, I personally hate that all healers were given magic dispels and that raid dispels became all magic based in SoO, but if they had left one healer without magic dispels imagine how less valued that spec would be.
    I love the Horridon fight because its the last raid enounter in MoP that actually had non magic dispels. It was great to be able to remind the dps that if they died to the poison or curse that some of them were still actually capable of dispelling themselves (and god forbid, eachother).

If disc hadnt been absurdly op in other regards, or if interrupts had been much more common in SoO, it would have been something that devalued disc, especially in 10mans. I should mention the situation would be no different for holy if we're talking specifically in terms of raid interrupt utility. The fact that every other spec in the game had some form of interrupt except disc and holy means that homogenisation already happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sedusa View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, I had always thought that one of the CC changes blizz was making forr WoD is making sure that no interupt was also a silence, it's one or the other. That would mean that things that are imune to silence, like most raid encounter boss or adds, will not be interupted.
    Im almost certain that it functions exactly like a death knights strangulate ability with a "non player spellcasting is also interrupted" clause
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Might be maining a priest in WoD, so thought I'd chime in.

How about they give Scream back baseline, make Silence a talent for all specs, and replace Dominate with Chastise?

15+ Year Old Account
    In the name of ability pruning, amen.
    I'd rather have some instant heal instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Really nice, shadow losing iconic spells. In the next build Disci will get Shadowform, shadow orbs, mind blast and devouring plague.
    There is nothing iconic about a silence on a super long cd.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post

How about they give Scream back baseline, make Silence a talent for all specs, and replace Dominate with Chastise?
    That would make perfect sense. Therefore it's not gonna happen.

Not a bad idea, but what would they give holy instead of Chastise if it became a talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    Not a bad idea, but what would they give holy instead of Chastise if it became a talent?
    All 3 specs would get Scream baseline.

All 3 specs would get Scream baseline.
    Ehhh... Holy Word: Chastise is the holy priest spell that turns into Holy Word: Sanctuary and Holy Word: Serenity depending on what chakra you are in... Scream would not fit there
    Maybe make a high damaging Holy Word spell, which would make the holy "dps rotation" more fun?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    That would make perfect sense. Therefore it's not gonna happen.
    I agree. On both counts. Sadly

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a suggestion of what they could do about Psychic Scream: give PS back as a baseline spell for all priests. Its place in the talent tree could be replaced by the following:
    - shadow: Silence
    - disc: Inner Focus (maybe not the "increase critical" effect, but at least the "silence immunity" effect. Oh, and take away the sound effect while you're at it)
    - holy: doubles the duration of Holy Word: Chastise disorienting effect
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except that on most boss fights that require an interrupt, silence doesn't work because its not a true interrupt. It doesn't interrupt shaman's healing on Garrosh I know that for a fact.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Except that on most boss fights that require an interrupt, silence doesn't work because its not a true interrupt. It doesn't interrupt shaman's healing on Garrosh I know that for a fact.
    If it doesn't, it's an oversight or a bug as it is also an interrupt.
    Non-player victim spellcasting is also interrupted for 3 sec.
    I know it works on empowered MCs on Garrosh which requires the ability be an interrupt.
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2014-08-29 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    If it doesn't, it's an oversight or a bug as it is also an interrupt.

I know it works on empowered MCs on Garrosh which requires the ability be an interrupt.
    Silence is literally just a silence, it's not an interrupt IN PVP. In PVE it functions as a 3 second interrupt also.

Also, Silence is definitely not an iconic Shadow spell, for most of vanilla most serious pvp healing priests had Silence, running either 21/9/21 talents to get it or 30/21 or some combination of 13+x / y / 21 to get it.

Deleted
    I have many times gone around asking in 5.1+ "Why is it that I don't have an interrupt as disc? I must be the only class ever to not have one. I hate my life. I hate soloing panda rares."

And it was always met with: "Healer priests having a ranged silence would be utterly OP."

I didn't think so. But still, I can see this being a hard-to-balance thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch068 View Post
    Silence is literally just a silence, it's not an interrupt IN PVP. In PVE it functions as a 3 second interrupt also.

Also, Silence is definitely not an iconic Shadow spell, for most of vanilla most serious pvp healing priests had Silence, running either 21/9/21 talents to get it or 30/21 or some combination of 13+x / y / 21 to get it.
    We were talking about boss fights and adds specifically. This is a pretty big QoL improvement for PvE priests.

Or give everyone MC that can't be used on players and replace the MC talent with Silence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Or give everyone MC that can't be used on players and replace the MC talent with Silence?
    What would be the point of an MC that can't be used on players tho? CC yourself for 30 seconds while questing? Tendrils are worthless now so I really doubt shadow will be crying about having to spec scream anyways.

Scream should have just stayed baseline. It was a completely moronic decision. Compared to most specs, shadow cc has been nothing special since orb psychic horror, disc is shit and holy is okay for a healer just because of chastise, but still not much compared to many specs. Shadow isnt strong in pvp because of its cc, its strong because dots are very potent and provide good pressure, while DP provided good burst, talentable into op burst with insanity. Strong pressure + good burst = strong pvp spec, but its cc wasnt good enough to warrent nerfing, certainly not enough to warrent a class wide cc nerf, putting disc into the hilarious position of having a grand total of a single cc ability available.
    Meanwhile druids... cyclone for dayz, then chain every other kind of cc till cyclone comes off dr. But noo, its the priests who need cc pruning

Should help with ghetto disc soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Should help with ghetto disc soloing.
    Whats the only thing that takes longer than a blood dk soloing a warbringer?
    A disc priest.