Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Polygamy is fine when everyone is actually willing.
    ^
    If America is going to have so many limitations which are in themselves violations of what i believe to be basic human rights, than the entire system of marriage needs to be abolished.
    And no religion should have any say in Marriage and its rules. Separation of Church and State, if marriage has benefits or is recognized by the state, it is a government program, thus it cannot have any interaction whatsoever with the church.

the act of having multiple partners at once shouldn't be illegal though I don't agree with it, but being married to more then one person at a time should be illegal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not super against it, it just kinda depends. Why not? You do you.

I think one person can not be married to someone that who is that married(or going to marry) person. Everyone has to marry each other kind of thing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

as long as only consenting adults are involved then I'm w/e do what ya want.

If you can get every party to consent I guess.

You'd have to be insane to want to put up with more than 1 wife / husband though.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If you can get every party to consent I guess.

You'd have to be insane to want to put up with more than 1 wife / husband though.
    You have to be insane if you want to put up with one
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

That said I do sort of think people are taking the idea of marriage and just running as many holes through it as possible.

I fully expect a movement to get legally married to an inanimate object that you feel strong feelings for in the future.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

That said I do sort of think people are taking the idea of marriage and just running as many holes through it as possible.

I fully expect a movement to get legally married to an inanimate object that you feel strong feelings for in the future.
    You already have people "marrying" their possessions, but they don't have any weight of law. You can't form a contract with something that can't consent.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as all partners are aware of the situation and okay with it, I don't see why it should be illegal. I mean, I personally would find it hard to engage it, but that's equally true of me getting together with someone of my gender. Because I'm straight. But if that's what people are into, let them do their thing.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Normally I would not care what people do if it's not directly adversely affecting people that don't have a say in their choice, but I know a douchebag who would take advantage of it's legality and become a bigger wanker than he already is

so no

Deleted
    I can just about handle living with my husband and the kids The idea of a larger household would horrify me personally. However thats just me, as long as all the people involved are of legal age and happy with the arrangement I don't see why they can't do as they wish.

Deleted
    I'm of the firm opinion that it should be one man, one women (or whatever else, not my business). I also think that unless your partner splits up with you, you stay faithful to that partner til you're both gone. I also believe in no sex before marriage, and that one day, Elvis will come back.

Call me old fashioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should be able to do WHATEVER they want so long as it's not directly damaging to other people/things without worrying about being penalized by the law or society. Whether that's drugs, prostitution, or in this case polygamy. So long as it's consensual and not directly hurting others it's fine in my book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Call me old fashioned.
    If you were old fashioned you'd actually be for polygamy because it has been the most common form of marriage in history.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... I could never be in a polygamy relationship personally, but people should be allowed as long as it's agreed upon by everyone involved. I don't really know much about polygamy relationships and I've never encountered anyone in one but if someone can handle their lover being with someone else, more power to them.

Unless the inanimate objects start to somehow give consent, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Polygamy was made illegal so that Mormon's would stop having to many babies. Lol. Just kidding.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I don't see a problem with it, I don't know how it'd be legally contracted and all that, but I just can't think of any moral reason it would be wrong in my eyes.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Polygamy should be illegal, not because there are inherent unethical dilemmas, but because it causes compounding unethical events to arise.

The most unacceptable is the "grooming" of individuals from a young age to function primarily as the flesh property of a single dominant spouse.

Polygamy when all parties are willing and consenting, then yes. That's all I really have to say.