10+ Year Old Account

Question Android battery vs Bluetooth

A few months ago, I bought my first smartphone, a Huawei Ascend Y530..
    The battery, seems to be the biggest available for this phone (1750 mAh)..

If I leave my phone UNTOUCHED for a whole weekend (Bluetooth enabled, but not connected to anything), it uses 2-5% of the battery. That's pretty good, I think..

However, when I go to work, the Bluetooth connects to the car's stereo for hands free. This immediately starts to drain the battery at an alarming rate: 8-10% PER HOUR!!! This means, some days, it doesn't even last for a whole work day, without needing a recharge. If I start to actually USE the phone (calls, apps, SMSes etc) it goes even faster.
    This consumption is twice the amount GPS is using (e.g. Endomondo uses 4-5% per hour). GPS is generally refered to, as the most battery consuming feature, but that's not true in this case..

Is there any way to improve on this, e.g. by reducing the signal strength of the Bluetooth antenna (less watts = more battery time)? It's not nessesary (for me) to have a 5-10 meters range on my Bluetooth, 1 meter will most likely be suffient.

Android v4.3 (with all updates the phone can install inself) is installed.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

This is just the normal behavior of bluetooth. There is nothing that can really be done, short of upgrading to a better phone with a larger battery.Even then it's just a matter of hours.

What you could do is invest in a battery pack like a 'New trent'. It costs around 40 usd on Amazon and is 14000 mAh. You will get 7-8 charges out of it and will rarely ever be in the danger of running out.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    A few months ago, I bought my first smartphone, a Huawei Ascend Y530..
    The battery, seems to be the biggest available for this phone (1750 mAh)..

If I leave my phone UNTOUCHED for a whole weekend (Bluetooth enabled, but not connected to anything), it uses 2-5% of the battery. That's pretty good, I think..

However, when I go to work, the Bluetooth connects to the car's stereo for hands free. This immediately starts to drain the battery at an alarming rate: 8-10% PER HOUR!!! This means, some days, it doesn't even last for a whole work day, without needing a recharge. If I start to actually USE the phone (calls, apps, SMSes etc) it goes even faster.
    This consumption is twice the amount GPS is using (e.g. Endomondo uses 4-5% per hour). GPS is generally refered to, as the most battery consuming feature, but that's not true in this case..

Is there any way to improve on this, e.g. by reducing the signal strength of the Bluetooth antenna (less watts = more battery time)? It's not nessesary (for me) to have a 5-10 meters range on my Bluetooth, 1 meter will most likely be suffient.

Android v4.3 (with all updates the phone can install inself) is installed.
    How about plugg it in while in your car or near a plug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    How about plugg it in while in your car or near a plug.
    I do have a car charger, but it's inconveinient to have it plugged in. I'm driving a taxi, so there is already an excess of visible wires in the car already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jayesh View Post
    What you could do is invest in a battery pack like a 'New trent'. It costs around 40 usd on Amazon and is 14000 mAh. You will get 7-8 charges out of it and will rarely ever be in the danger of running out.
    Is that a replacement for the battery, or a battery-powered charger?

If replacement: Doesn't it make the phone big and bulky?
    If charger: I do have a car charger, but charging is inconveiniant. It shouldn't be nessesary to recharge more than once per day, when you practically don't use the phone..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

I do have a car charger, but it's inconveinient to have it plugged in. I'm driving a taxi, so there is already an excess of visible wires in the car already.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a replacement for the battery, or a battery-powered charger?

If replacement: Doesn't it make the phone big and bulky?
    If charger: I do have a car charger, but charging is inconveiniant. It shouldn't be nessesary to recharge more than once per day, when you practically don't use the phone..
    There are a couple options, a battery that doubles as a case, all you have to do is switch it on and it'll start charging, and then there's just a battery pack that you plug your phone in.

Examples:

http://www.mophie.com/shop/
    http://www.techradar.com/us/news/por...ommend-1178873

if you dont want to plug it to your car maybe you could use a power bank (about 10k mAh) anyway i would have chosen other phone (motorola g? xiaomi?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Banks, Battery Packs or a car charger serve the same purpose: Recharge my phone, because it rins out of power too fast.. NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ME.
    They all use wires and makes the phone less accessible (USB is the the bottom of the phone, which makes it near impossible to hold the phone while plugged in).

I need one of two:
    a) A replacement battery of 2500+ mAh that fits in the phone. If that makes the phone a bit thicker, so be it. However, all replacement batteries I can find are 1100-1500 mAh, where standard battery is 1750..
    b) A way to reduce the signal strength of the Bluetooth via software, in order to save consumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time understanding this thread...

So you drive a taxi for a living, and want to listen to music through Bluetooth on your phone? (Easy enough to understand.) You don't want it to have any cables coming from it, because you want it to be hands free. (Fair enough I guess, but get off your fucking phone while driving.) Yet you won't accept the fact that there's no way to reduce the Bluetooth signal strength. (What?) Nor does there seem to be any aftermarket battery expansions/replacements available for that model. (We can't change that.)

So... I don't know, pick your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post

So you drive a taxi for a living, and want to listen to music through Bluetooth on your phone? (Easy enough to understand.) You don't want it to have any cables coming from it, because you want it to be hands free. (Fair enough I guess, but get off your fucking phone while driving.) Yet you won't accept the fact that there's no way to reduce the Bluetooth signal strength. (What?) Nor does there seem to be any aftermarket battery expansions/replacements available for that model. (We can't change that.)

He makes a lot of these for some reason, never accepts any of the answers/solutions, especially the easiest one(s), always says it's not acceptable for him, so...I'm not sure what the real point of any of them are.

OP: You can use one of the many, easy, and simple solution(s) already provided, or you need to just search around and find what you're looking for on your own, it's likely something that doesn't exist, so...good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post

Music? Where do I mention music???

I'm talking about a standard bluetooth connection to the car stereo for hands free operation of the phone.. You know, you can TALK in a phone, right? And (in most countries) hands free devices are mandatory for that....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    He makes a lot of these for some reason, never accepts any of the answers/solutions, especially the easiest one(s), always says it's not acceptable for him, so...I'm not sure what the real point of any of them are.

OP: You can use one of the many, easy, and simple solution(s) already provided, or you need to just search around and find what you're looking for on your own, it's likely something that doesn't exist, so...good luck with that.
    A battery pack IS NOT the easiest solution.. In fact, it only means I have even more batteries rhat needs to be charged, increasing the problem...

I have searched.. But if you don't know EXACTLY what to search for, odds are, you won't get any usefull results.. I'm pretty clear, that I write I don't want to charge the phone, yet people suggests that I do exactly that.. It's not MY fault, that people give bad advice..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2014-08-28 at 01:14 PM.

There's no magical cure, you can't expect to drive a taxi all day with an active bluetooth connection and not have it drain your battery. You need to either connect it to your car charger or turn bluetooth off.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Music? Where do I mention music???

i'm talking about a standard bluetooth connection to the car stereo for hands free operation of the phone.. You know, you can TALK in a phone, right? And (in most countries) hands free devices are mandatory for that....

- - - Updated - - -

A battery pack IS NOT the easiest solution.. In fa t, it only means U have even more batteries rhat needs to be charged, increasing the problem...

I have searched.. But if you don't know EXACTLY what to search for, odds are, you won't get any usefull results.. I'm ptetty clear, when I write ai don't want to charge the phone, yet people suggests that I do exactly that.. It's not MY fault, that people give bad advice..
    More solutions than a battery pack have been given. You only need to charge it when it's drained, and you can do that at home, when you're not working, so, no, it increases no problem, but, if you'd rather have a dead phone, then, help me out here, is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

If you don't know exactly what to search for, then you don't know exactly what you want, which again begs the question, what's the point of this thread? The people using common sense will tell you to charge your phone in the car, because that's the easiest solution. Since that didn't work for you, battery packs/cases were suggested, still, that didn't work for you. If it doesn't exist, then you need to pick an alternative that does.