Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Impending Infinite Dragonflight invasion in Tanaris?

A few curious things have sprout up on the Warlords of Draenor beta I haven't seen discussed anywhere else. Namely, hints that we may see a greater Infinite Dragonflight presence in Tanaris! An "Infinite Vanguard" seems to be scoping out the Caverns of Time. He is a level 90 mob with way more health than your standard level 90 mob, as well as two custom abilities - "Vanguard Chain" and "Vanguard Strike".

Further in the wastes, a small Infinite rift seems to be opening. It's quite small and out of the way, but an eagle-eyed player spotted it earlier and I was able to find it as well.

Update 1: Added video.

Update 2: Infinite Whelplings & Pesterwings have appeared both outside and inside the Caverns of Time. Credit to BlizzPro for noticing this.

Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 2014-08-29 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2spooky

Fairly interesting. Maybe there'll be a decent world event after all.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    2spooky

The Blasted Lands event is the pre-patch world event, perhaps this is foreshadowing something? Future patch content, or even a future expansion?
    You just lost The Game

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    2spooky

Yep, Blizzard doesn't disappoint when it comes to world events.

perhaps related to the "timewalker" tech that we have been hearing about for ages? I don't know. Could be related to a future content patch but I don't get the vibe that this is part of the pre-expansion event.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Good. I'm glad they didn't completely forget the Infinite; they are intricate to the Bronze Dragonflight's story. Wonder if we'll finally see Nozdormu break bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    perhaps related to the "timewalker" tech that we have been hearing about for ages? I don't know. Could be related to a future content patch but I don't get the vibe that this is part of the pre-expansion event.
    Pre-expansion no, but coupled with Kairoz's "I WILL BE INFINITE" shit from the Garrosh short story it does imply more stuff coming

Slapped together a video from the beta.

Deleted
    Well the definition of Vanguard is the foremost part of an advancing army. So there's definately something going to happen.

This is great. I love infinite dragon stuff.

[QUOTE=CosmicGuitars;29172715]A few curious things have sprout up on the Warlords of Draenor beta I haven't seen discussed anywhere else. Namely, hints that we may see a greater Infinite Dragonflight presence in Tanaris! An "Infinite Vanguard" seems to be scoping out the Caverns of Time. He is a level 90 mob with way more health than your standard level 90 mob, as well as two custom abilities - "Vanguard Chain" and "Vanguard Strike".

Get a group dude and kill it! Maybe something lootable of interest?

Awesome find btw, so amped infinite are back! Even though its probably to only tie in War Crimes to the game
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Yep, Blizzard doesn't disappoint when it comes to world events.
    MoP "event" sure did disappoint, and what they have planned for Blasted Lands doesn't look that good either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Pre-expansion no, but coupled with Kairoz's "I WILL BE INFINITE" shit from the Garrosh short story it does imply more stuff coming
    Whoa, did he say that before he killed him? So he did have some connection to the infinites? Still can't wrap my head around what Kairoz and Wrathion had to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post

Awesome find btw, so amped infinite are back! Even though its probably to only tie in War Crimes to the game
    Honestly, if it's like a lot of things on beta it probably still doesn't have loot but I will look into it. I agree that it's probably just a tie-in though, seems like it's to serve as a connection with Kairoz.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    MoP "event" sure did disappoint, and what they have planned for Blasted Lands doesn't look that good either.
    I couldn't even remember that there WAS a pre-MoP event. Had to google it to remember that there was that one scenario that I did once and then forgot about. Haven't really looked into the pre-WoD event yet, other than the couple of minutes I spent killing random orcs at Gamescom.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post

I was able to solo it. He only had 70k health - normal 90 mobs have about ~30k. He was tougher than most but not at all a problem. He didn't drop anything, though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I couldn't even remember that there WAS a pre-MoP event. Had to google it to remember that there was that one scenario that I did once and then forgot about. Haven't really looked into the pre-WoD event yet, other than the couple of minutes I spent killing random orcs at Gamescom.
    They only gave us a preview of the Theramore scenario, then when people said they were disappointed about the "event" Blizzard said it wasn't an event.

They only gave us a preview of the Theramore scenario, then when people said they were disappointed about the "event" Blizzard said it wasn't an event.
    The Blasted Lands stuff is way cooler than the Theramore scenario but will only keep you busy for about 30 minutes. The early half of the new UBRS could be cool, though. It's not zombie invasion tier, but it's cool.

Whoa, did he say that before he killed him? So he did have some connection to the infinites? Still can't wrap my head around what Kairoz and Wrathion had to do with each other.
    The bronze dragon began to laugh. "We will be limited by nothing. Not even time. The possibilities are infinite. I will become infinite—"

Yep. I'm pretty sure he was going to run off and join the Infinite before Garrosh killed him. I mean technically Nozdormu originally started the Infinite, but since it exists through all of time it could be started by any Bronze really, they could just go back in time and recruit more

The bronze dragon began to laugh. "We will be limited by nothing. Not even time. The possibilities are infinite. I will become infinite—"

Yep. I'm pretty sure he was going to run off and join the Infinite before Garrosh killed him. I mean technically Nozdormu originally started the Infinite, but since it exists through all of time it could be started by any Bronze really, they could just go back in time and recruit more
    Kairoz killed Soridormi and likely spurred on the creation of the Infinite Dragonflight. The Infinites also helped Kairoz spring Garrosh from prison. Where the Infinites stand on the Iron Horde situation without Kairoz is the real question.

Deleted

Thanks.

I hope that means we'll see more of him.

This looks very interesting :O I hope they plan something big with the Infinites, they are awesome! And I want an infinite drake mount!