Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Galakras because oh my god stop taking ages.

Can't believe people are saying Durumu. It's the best boss by far. Never before has it been easier to see who sucks, and who doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

Can't believe people are saying Durumu. It's the best boss by far. Never before has it been easier to see who sucks, and who doesn't.
    This is why I hated it, it made me realise I suck.

Amber Shaper. I hate vehicle bosses because my raid always took forever to learn them. (They should put in a practice vehicle feature)

I imagine Durumu is mostly hated by LFR heroes who couldn't figure out that the beam 1 shots and the maze isn't really all that deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Galakras, being a glorified trash event, easily takes the cake for the worst boss. It represents Blizzard's desire to stuff bosses in raids just to rack up the boss count at the expense of the integrity of raid design.
    If anything, I'd say that the entire 2nd wing of SoO is probably one of the better examples of what a raid actually *should* be like. Relatively packed with lesser enemies to get through. Galakras is a choke point to the rest of the city itself.

Spoils, on the other hand (which I'd mentioned as being a lame encounter) makes very little sense at all. You try to pass an alarm system, and deactivation requires the destruction of what are supposed to be Horde 'artifacts'? Utterly irrational.

- - - Updated - - -

It has nothing to do with who sucks, and who doesn't. It's a graphically sketchy fight against a giant floating eyeball in the middle of the room. Even if the gimmicky maze didn't exist, this boss belongs in Stormstout with the rest of the lamest content of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Amber Shaper. Vehicle fights ahhhh

Deleted
    I vote Lei Shi because of it's retarded mechanics.

Spoils of Pandaria is a close second. Galakras earns third place. Basically any fight that's mostly about fighting trash.

I enjoyed Ambershaper. Vehicle mechanics are simple enough to grasp, if only this wasn't total RNG so player could actually practice it.

Sha of Fear HC gets an dishonorable mention. 23 minute fight with barely anything happening? Well...
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2014-10-13 at 09:23 PM.

Horridon is personally the boss I hate the most. The F&F guild I was in fell apart from being unable to down him. I miss that guild

Dark Shaman: Melee?! What the fuck is that?

Always hated heroic Horridon as melee.

A second is any fight where you pretty much kill trash.

Paragons. I freaking hate that fight and don't really have a reason to pin it to.

Pre SoO: Tie between Horridon and Amber Shaper.

Ambershaper Un'sok - having a random person become the add was retarded, took forever for everyone to learn it in a 25man guild.

Pick anything in HoF and you are in the top 6. Worst raid Blizzard has done yet. Only redeeming part of it was the first tier of raiding was very short.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Worst one was Ambershaper hands down. Just the fact that it was random on the transformation and everything from a UI bugg to a new guy doing it caused a wipe was unbearable.

Dark Shaman, followed closely by Durumu, and a distant third being Lei Shi.

But nothing tops the absolute mess an failure of an encounter design as Dark Shaman. Doubt anything ever will, either. That entire fight was just one big cluster of a mess with barely a ryhme or reason to what was going on. There's good ways to make fights seem hectic, and then there's the Dark Shaman way. You never go the Dark Shaman way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Pick anything in HoF and you are in the top 6. Worst raid Blizzard has done yet. Only redeeming part of it was the first tier of raiding was very short.
    Yeah, this is true for me as well. I did not like any of the bosses and I hated the feel, design and aesthetics of the raid as a whole. It stems from the fact that I do not like the insectoid Klaxxi race so the entire hive-like raid was a big turn-off for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a fan of Nazgrim. The waste of time between each defensive stance ticks me off, and Lei shi? that boss is a like a thorn in my sides, "Oh you pop your burst macro? Let me go immune". Same for sha of fear, "Pop a burst? Have a visit to a nearby pagoda" Those 2 bosses from ToES can piss off.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Imperial Vizier Zor'lok was great, Blade Lord Ta'yak was decent as was Grand Empress Shek'zeer. Garalon and Ambershaper sucked, and Wind Lord Mel'jarak was slightly subpar.

HoF was just an average instance that punished the group if you had a couple of bad players. It was vastly superior to the always worst instance of TotGC.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like Zor'lok a lot, and I enjoyed Mel'jarak on heroic, was a cool concept (was crap with the mindless AOE then just tank and spank on Normal and LFR though). Garalon and especially Ambershaper were just terrible though.

I love how you can see who tanks Dark Shamans separately and who doesn't :P