Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The big N= on the first graph?
    If there's one thing I've learned about the people posting on these forums, it's either that they didn't go to college, or they weren't paying attention in freshman statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I posted the legal definitions and the respective laws, regardless, the only way one act of sexual harrasment would be met without the prolonged frequency is if the following is met;

I don't know how this ties into Erin's scenario, but it is true one singular act can meet the legal qualification of sexual harassment.

**If severe like i stated before
    and yet that has nothing to do with what Erin considers harassment which is a single flirt or verbal sexual advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned about the people posting on these forums, it's either that they didn't go to college, or they weren't paying attention in freshman statistics.
    If you're claiming that the data in that study is sound, you really shouldn't be calling others uneducated. That fucking irony...

Great, constructive post.

Intellectual elitism at its finest. Thinks having a degree is a sign of intelligence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Intellectual elitism at its finest. Thinks having a degree is a sign of intelligence.
    I bet he has a degree in art or maybe women's studies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe123 View Post
    Wow, wow, wow you adressed him with a synonym for genitalia?! Thats clearly sexual harassement!

Edit: On a sidenote, one could make the case, that using male genitalia as a curse word to adress a man says something about our negative view on male sexuality in our society (but no one/man cares and makes forum threads about it)
    That's actually the best thing, she does that the entire time. She insults people in every second post, most oftem calling them parts of the male anatomy she views as negative. If a guy would do the same to her she'd freak out and he'd get soundly banned from the forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I posted the legal definitions and the respective laws, regardless, the only way one act of sexual harrasment would be met without the prolonged frequency is if the following is met;

I don't know how this ties into Erin's scenario, but it is true one singular act can meet the legal qualification of sexual harassment.

**If severe like i stated before
    my issue with this, is such a single incident doesn't even need to be covered by harassment laws based on the fact its full blown sexual assault and covered under multiple other laws. I think it creates a lack of clarity in the issue and blurs the lines between actual harassment and assault

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I bet he has a degree in art or maybe women's studies.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually the best thing, she does that the entire time. She insults people in every second post, most oftem calling them parts of the male anatomy she views as negative. If a guy would do the same to her she'd freak out and he'd get soundly banned from the forum.
    yeh but feminism and stuffs. Had Erin actually researched the shit she was peddling from the start this discussion would never have degenerated to what it is. Instead, like most other agenda pushing imbeciles, she finds an article that fits the agenda then posts it regardless of its credibility. Then tries to defend it and her stance for 23 pages

looking at this chart

none of the men are satisfied with how their reports of sexual harassment were resolved
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I'm the greatest.
    I agree with you and all, but like.. Do you sneak those kinds of descriptions of yourself into conversations in real life as well?

And no, having no education is not a solid sign of low intelligence. It's an indicator for sure, but not a solid sign.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-08-29 at 02:41 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    Really? I always thought women didn't get into science because almost every woman I've ever met is terrible at math and those that weren't became housewives.
    No really, female brains aren't designed for math. Men have 20% more neurons than women which, if you didn't already know, is sort of like RAM for a PC. The more intelligent the species the higher the neuron count. The different quantity of neurons between men and women is about half the difference between a woman and an African elephant actually (23m>19m>11m)

Simply put women lack the processing power a male brain does due to the difference in neurons. It's just a difference between the sexes, like how males are also bigger in our species. It's why my wife, a college graduate, can't count the price of groceries while we're shopping and why I can close my eyes and picture numbers as abstract forms on a grid while doing a complex equation in my head.
    Never forget that male brains are designed to hunt, explore and acquire status or mates, while the female brain is designed for social interaction and acquiring favour from males.
    [citation needed]

Mostly because males and females perform comparably on intelligence tests. I think I know the study you're talking about in terms of neuronal density, where men are ~13% more dense than women, but if that's the case, you forgot the neuropil process density, which is ~13% more dense in women. Using the RAM analogy, men have 13% more RAM, but women have 13% faster RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    [citation needed]

Mostly because males and females perform comparably on intelligence tests. I think I know the study you're talking about in terms of neuronal density, where men are ~13% more dense than women, but if that's the case, you forgot the neuropil process density, which is ~13% more dense in women. Using the RAM analogy, men have 13% more RAM, but women have 13% faster RAM.
    I don't think that post was serious, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Now, let's take a look at this...

They asked a bunch of people about harassment, and 666 people responded. Of the people who responded, 77.5% were women. 70% of women and 40% of men reported experiencing sexual harassment while conducting field research. 26% of women and 6% of men reported sexual assault (defined as “unwanted physical contact”).
    This is skewed data because it says "of the people who responded." People who respond to a question about harassment are more likely to have actually been harassed, hence their extra motivation for responding to a study asking about harassment. People who have not been harassed are much less likely to respond to an optional study asking this. I can guarantee you if it was a mandatory response instead of an optional one your numbers would be much much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I can guarantee you that having NO education is a solid sign of low intelligence.
    You're an idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    This is skewed data because it says "of the people who responded." People who respond to a question about harassment are more likely to have actually been harassed, hence their extra motivation for responding to a study asking about harassment.
    I don't know if you noticed but they included men as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You're an idiot
    Actually he's right to a certain extent. We aren't a species driven by genes and instinct alone like most animals, a lot of what makes us what we are comes from learning, the same goes for our intelligence.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Actually he's right to a certain extent. We aren't a species driven by genes and instinct alone like most animals, a lot of what makes us what we are comes from learning, the same goes for our intelligence.
    I was very close to making it my signature. As I initially believed that education and intelligence were two entirely different things.

This is why I love this forum community.

"but the workplace is not the place"

"Field research or fieldwork is the collection of information outside of a laboratory, library or workplace setting"

lets also not ignore the fact that a good chunk of those doing the 'sexual contact' are locals, and apparently not coworkers. which makes me wonder what kinds of fieldwork they're including, and whether people would consider it a social setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

"Field research or fieldwork is the collection of information outside of a laboratory, library or workplace setting"

lets also not ignore the fact that a good chunk of those doing the 'sexual contact' are locals, and apparently not coworkers. which makes me wonder what kinds of fieldwork they're including, and whether people would consider it a social setting.
    Field work in the middle east

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I don't know if you noticed but they included men as well.
    Thats irrelevent. The data is still bias and not representative. its been gone over and over in this thread about how the data and the article is crap. read back some of the last 20 something pages

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

The last part is kinda funny, because Erin, the article and everyone else seems to soundly ignore it. Instead they want to go after the Corworkers/People from their country because going after these would easily be perceived as "discrimination".