Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Music] Why is everyone hating Fred Durst so much?

As in title, what's that about?

I'm not particularly fond of Limp Bizkit and I've never been, however Fred Durst and Chad Kroeger seem to be the most hated musicians out there.
    Why is that exactly? I've looked at similar threads on different forums, but they're not constructive by any means. Come on, "talent-lacking tool with a horrible voice" wouldn't score multi-platinum on several albums and earn a place on Hit Parader "100 Best Heavy Metal Vocalists".

I'm just curious, what leads people to bashing the guy so much?

Don't know too much about him cause I don't care about Limp Bizkit, but I hear he's involved with a lot of trash talking.

Personally though I just dislike him for this traversty, but that's also because I don't know anything else about him:

Mostly because even fans of Limp Bizkit knew he was pretty much garbage-tier as a singer/front man. He was carried hard by Wes Borland and John Otto. DJ Lethal is pretty much world-renowned on his own skill and didn't need to be in the group. On almost every one of their songs, the highlights would be a crunchy riff by Borland, Otto's drumming or Lethal's scratching. The vocals could have been done by anyone.

Aside from the insignificance of Fred Durst as a part of the band, he had a bad attitude and personality in general. It doesn't help that Trent Reznor and Marilyn Manson, amongst others spoke out about him in particular, which put a couple of legions of fans against him immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone talked about Fred Dearst for 15 years? At last Chad Kroeger was a popular hate meme just a few years back.

Honestly though, I've never understood. I'm not a fan of either, but I can easily list 10 that I think are worse.

Wasn't he the one that came up with the idea to audition guitarists but they had to bring original music and then the band just stole the good tunes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    I'm not particularly fond of Limp Bizkit and I've never been, however Fred Durst and Chad Kroeger seem to be the most hated musicians out there.
    I actually like Nickelback

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Personally though I just dislike him for this traversty, but that's also because I don't know anything else about him:
    Oh man is that some awful shit right there. Why would you do that in public? I came up with better crap in my first few months of learning to play guitar in my bedroom at age 14. Disgraceful.

To be on topic, Fred Durst has always struck me as a bit of a tool. He's always running his mouth about other people, and it's pretty pathetic. He is also pretty damn low in talent, as his voice isn't very good (especially considering how much money he used to make for using it) and his lyrics are incredibly laughable. The only person in Limp Bizkit who struck me as being at all creative was Wes Borland, but he's mostly just a weirdo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Same, radio rock is catchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Wasn't he the one that came up with the idea to audition guitarists but they had to bring original music and then the band just stole the good tunes.
    If that's true then... well :/

Actually, yeah, their lyrics are dumb as hell, but it's basically a norm these days. But thanks, I've actually learned a lot.

And Wes Borland is creepy as fuck, agreed.
    Last edited by Spray; 2014-08-28 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    There are two songs that are pretty good by them, but I chalk that up to a stopped clock being right twice a day. Still, hating all content from something/someone without viewing all of it rarely works out. I'm not a big Buffy fan, but I'll watch the musical episode any day

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Fred Durst is mostly hated by other bands for his bad personality. And when this happens, it is just a matter of time when the fans will start to follow the lead. For example, Corey Taylor hate him (Not sure if he still does) and all the Slipknot fans hate Fred Durst too.

There was already a thread about Nickelback. I personally have no issue with them. It isn't great music at all, but it isn't worse than 80% of music you hear on radio. However the problem is they are a rock band and rock isn't supposed to be commercial according to it's fans. Everytime a Metal or Rock band get some commercial attention, every "true metalhead" will start to hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Come on, "talent-lacking tool with a horrible voice" wouldn't score multi-platinum on several albums and earn a place on Hit Parader "100 Best Heavy Metal Vocalists".
    Uhh, actually, yeah he could do that. Being successful does not automatically make you talented, in fact, it usually means you appeal to the lowest common denominator-is the Twilight series well written works of literature? Is Justin Bieber a great musician? Can Kim Kardasian do, well, anything other than have big tits? Guess what, all of them are massively successful.

I could name 100 better singers than him off the top of my head, sHit Parader has NEVER been a magazine people who actually know what they are talking about took seriously. Citing THEM as an example support Durst being a good singer is like citing Dick Cheney shooting his friend in the face as an example of gun safety.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Uhh, actually, yeah he could do that. Being successful does not automatically make you talented, in fact, it usually means you appeal to the lowest common denominator-is the Twilight series well written works of literature? Is Justin Bieber a great musician? Can Kim Kardasian do, well, anything other than have big tits? Guess what, all of them are massively successful.

I could name 100 better singers than him off the top of my head, sHit Parader has NEVER been a magazine people who actually know what they are talking about took seriously. Citing THEM as an example support Durst being a good singer is like citing Dick Cheney shooting his friend in the face as an example of gun safety.
    Haha, thanks! This is basically the response I needed right now

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post

You mean ass, not tits. Otherwise, 99% agree.

I think Durst is disliked mostly because his music was poor and his affectations were disingenuous appropriation.

Wasn't he banging Ashlynn Brooke for awhile? She's one of my favorites. I like some of his music, I generally liked that clique of bangs back in the day (Korn, Adema, Limp Bizkit, Staind) but Limp Bizkit and Eminem are the two reasons I stopped buying music. Shit artists, 1-2 radio songs, you buy the album and it is complete garbage. Never again.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I mean, one of LB's most famous songs parades the fact that they "did it all for the nookie," which right away pissed me off in high school when this song came out and I was listening to Trent Reznor and Marilyn Manson, RATM, and, yes, Korn who eventually discovered LB. The insincerity of the song and the subject matter itself (staying with a shitty girl because he wanted to get laid) was trite, and from then on out, I didn't like Limp Bizkit.

Deleted
    because he trashtalks alot and he is just an overall douchebag

10+ Year Old Account
    Now he streams on twitch
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

"If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Personally though I just dislike him for this traversty
    The level of cringe here.

And people still cheered.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!