Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    afaik he is a real douche and has said some really bad stuff in the past. I have nothing against him or his music though. Limp Bizkit has some good songs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of his albums are precious childhood memories of listening to a soundtrack that had a parental advisory. Plus they are really catchy, but I really dislike the guy and would never want to hang out with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Fred Durst disliked.......
    Well for once there is Woodstock 2.0.
    That event took a horrible turn down the crapper, when riots occurred. The riots broke out during Limp Biskit's show, ironically during the performance of their song "Breaking Shit"... The band, as the predominant wielder of power during a concert, did absolutely nothing to try to influence the crowds... They just kept spooling their act down. That's horrible. Every decent band, every great front man would stop the show right there, and tell the crowd to fucking knock it off.

Then there's the display of arrogance on his side. He verbally attacked Creed, particularly Scott Stapp....
    Additionally he displayed a rather desperate attitude of getting into mainstream limelight.. A key figure of the music genre he's part of, selects his contacts accordingly..
    It doesn't fly well with his fan base when he tries to hook up with chicks like Christina Aguilera, or worse, Brittney Spears. Funny enough, both brushed him off..

Limp Biskit is a good band. But they aren't nearly as good as they, and particularly him, believe to be.
    Getting voted into some top 100 list is a rather anecdotal event, until the voting happens on a wider scale, by various sources, and the voting success can be sustained over a longer period of time.

Nickelback....... Well well well...
    Idk. I believe that's just a baseless "dislike". Hating, disliking Nickelback appears to be just cool.
    Kroeger is quite a creative guy, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with rock bands to make it into the mainstream. In fact, I wish that rock would take over the mainstream once again. In a way, Nickelback reminds me of Uriah Heep. While the music is obviously quite different, with Heep being the clearly better band on every aspect.. But back in the days during Heeps hay days, they were the probably most hated rock band.
    Why? Heep was considered to have success due to their front mans David Byron's appeal to the female crowd. And he did in fact really draw the sexual attention card. Unlike the other big ones at the time who've banked on their music more than anything, with vocalists who happened to attract females too, yet were better singers than Byron. But all in all it was cool to hate on Heep... And that's kinda like the same with Nickelback... No one has any clue why they are hated, it's irrational
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I don't particularly hate Nickelback, but I do associate them with the new "pop"-iness of alternative rock these days. They belong to that transition period between 90s grunge/goth to whatever it is we have now. I'm not even sure what to call non-metal rock these days. It's definitely pop in nature though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easy for Fred durst its because in the early days of LB he was trash talking a lot about other bands and their fans as for Chad its just because a lot of people hate his voice i know i do and everytime i hear him sing i think hes sitting on the toilet doing his business lol

Actualy there was interview with slipknot from back in 2000 where the inteviewer asked shawn and corey about whats up between them and they gave some serious answers (im not talking about that other video with all the fans watching) but i cant find it anymore.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-08-31 at 09:49 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nickelback....... Well well well...
    Idk. I believe that's just a baseless "dislike". Hating, disliking Nickelback appears to be just cool.
    Kroeger is quite a creative guy, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with rock bands to make it into the mainstream. In fact, I wish that rock would take over the mainstream once again. In a way, Nickelback reminds me of Uriah Heep. While the music is obviously quite different, with Heep being the clearly better band on every aspect.. But back in the days during Heeps hay days, they were the probably most hated rock band.
    Why? Heep was considered to have success due to their front mans David Byron's appeal to the female crowd. And he did in fact really draw the sexual attention card. Unlike the other big ones at the time who've banked on their music more than anything, with vocalists who happened to attract females too, yet were better singers than Byron. But all in all it was cool to hate on Heep... And that's kinda like the same with Nickelback... No one has any clue why they are hated, it's irrational
    I like Rock Star. The rest of his music is mundane. But honestly, there's nothing about Nickleback I hate, I just don't really enjoy most their songs. I don't hate them, I just find them mundane.

Never really listened to Limp Bizkit.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    His general attitude

I caught him at festival in 09 (I thought he'd retired/died due to not hearing anything about him in years) they on came before korn and totally blew the crowd away since then never missed a london date they play brilliant live

fred durst was a huge dickhead, chad kroeger can turn any conversation into a convo about his dick

that's the root of why people started hating them, they were insufferable

I've always heard that he's a huge douchebag in real life, but I don't know enough about him to judge him. A lot of celebrities and famous people in general have all kinds of shit floating around about them that may or may not be true. I'm just not a fan of his "music" at all.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't own a Limp Bizkit album when I was 13-14, but I grew out of that phase pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-09-03 at 01:56 PM.