Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    How smoking being bad is actually an opinion ? Smoking kills. Smoking is NEVER good, never, period.

It's a bad "opinion" (wtf does that even mean ?), no matter if you like it or not.
    Because it's possibly to smoke without being a regular smoker. I smoke like 3-4 cigarettes a month which is negligent in terms of health compared to a lot of things everyone do on a daily basis. It's not moronic as the effects are inconsequential and it's not affecting others if you're mindful about where you smoke, and it has nothing to do with self esteem.

Not smoking/smoking being bad is not their opinion. The fact that anyone who ever smokes lacks self esteem, is not considerate of others and are fucking morons, those are their opinions in this case.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-08-28 at 10:21 PM.

How smoking being bad is actually an opinion ? Smoking kills. Smoking is NEVER good, never, period.

It's a bad "opinion" (wtf does that even mean ?), no matter if you like it or not.
    An opinion is just a judgment, it can be based on fact or belief, they're not mutually exclusive. Their opinion wasn't exclusive in regard to it being bad for you, but that people who do it are A) "fucking morons," B) have low self esteem and C) don't care about other people. While their intentions are quite possibly "smoking is bad for you." They decided to make it personal and inject their opinions as to why people do it or make a hasty generalization.

Despite what the internet teaches us, it is quite possible to share an opinion without being crass.

It's quite simple...

"I don't because I know that smoking is bad for you."
    versus
    "Only fucking idiots smoke."

But unfortunately some people aren't mature enough to do these sort of things...they have to make everything about their "feelings." Or some overly dramatic and emotionally charged clusterfuck.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-28 at 10:22 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Not only do I not smoke, but one should really try and acknowledge that the world is (unfortunately) not a noir movie.
    Yes, this was my first thought too after reading the OP.

I've never smoked anything in my life, so...no, and I find anyone that does, disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Honestly I think the whole decreasing the life span thing is a big plus for smokers, it means we have to deal with them for a shorter amount of time.
    ^Truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Never smoked or had sex before.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decra View Post
    Nope, I use lube to prevent overheating
    I laughed a lot at this.

But on topic, I don't smoke so no.
    I once dated a girl who thought she would light one up in my bed instead of covering up some and going outside, adn that didn't fly. We never had sex again because apparently telling someone to put some pants on and go outside to do that after sex is the wrong answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I laughed a lot at this.

But on topic, I don't smoke so no.
    I once dated a girl who thought she would light one up in my bed instead of covering up some and going outside, adn that didn't fly. We never had sex again because apparently telling someone to put some pants on and go outside to do that after sex is the wrong answer.
    lol, how DARE you ask them to be considerate of your home.

10+ Year Old Account

It depends on the person. Smoking can be good and can be bad. Does it have sideeffects? Of course. But so does everything a human being can do. Drink? Take Medicine? Well, you are killing your liver. Bacon? Fastfood? Sugar? fattening up. Outside during the day? Skin cancer. Breathing? Lung cancer. Typing at your computer? arthritis. Whatever you do? You are killing yourself, either slowly or faster.

So what if someone is killing themself slowly. As long as it is not near anyone else, you should not give a damn. The person might like smoking. Its not your problem.