CCP Suffers Through More Layoffs and Closures

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/28/cc...ey-executives/

CCP hasn't been doing too well the past few months; although EVE Online is gaining thousands of new subscribers every day, it seems the company has over extended itself in recent times and is paying the price for it.

My condolences to those affected.

They vastly overextended themselves and when Dust 514 bombed they've been trying to recover ever since. Been really poor management on their part.

The money spent acquiring White Wolf and then developing World of Darkness was a huge mistake not to mention Dust 514 not being much good and PS3 only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never fun but not unexpected. I hope everyone involved finds new work asap.

Deleted
    Hope if they keep true to there plans for Valkyie/Legion, most of them can get jobs back there in the future, but yeah as already stated, this is the result of a fair few mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Hope if they keep true to there plans for Valkyie/Legion, most of them can get jobs back there in the future, but yeah as already stated, this is the result of a fair few mistakes.
    Legion stands to do well for them if it's higher quality than Dust. Dust was pretty awful and does not have a great monetization scheme.

As for Valkyrie, I honestly think they should put that on the back burner. Seems like a lot of time and money spent into R&D/development for a game that's pretty risky given that there's no data for how large the install base for VR headsets will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As for Valkyrie, I honestly think they should put that on the back burner. Seems like a lot of time and money spent into R&D/development for a game that's pretty risky given that there's no data for how large the install base for VR headsets will be.
    That's what I think too. Which is a shame. It sounds soooo cool but is soooo risky too.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    That's what I think too. Which is a shame. It sounds soooo cool but is soooo risky too.
    Yeah. If they were rolling in cash I'd say go for it. But as it stands, they've been hurting for a while now and don't really have the cash to throw around on experimental projects. This is the kind of thing someone like Riot or Blizzard does, since they've got both the staff and the money to play around with ideas/projects all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The money spent acquiring White Wolf and then developing World of Darkness was a huge mistake not to mention Dust 514 not being much good and PS3 only.
    I was really looking forward to the World of Darkness MMO. If it had boasted a similar style and the sort of depth as Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines then I'd have been incredibly happy.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's so much more they could do with EVE, I wish they'd just focus on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I was really looking forward to the World of Darkness MMO. If it had boasted a similar style and the sort of depth as Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines then I'd have been incredibly happy.
    Me too but I was hoping for a EVE Online, just not in space. Not really a fan of spaceships etc. and there aren't exactly a lot of hardcore PvP and trading games around.