Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How do people find arena partners these days?

So me and my friend have just got back to the game, we have geared full up and tried to get in to 3s again. We are both 2.3k exped, and we are trying to find a healer for either LSD2 or Shadowcleave. But, we have both spammed trade and durotar chat for days, and NO ONE are replying. Is there any other plave people find partners? Looks kinda strange that no one replies when there were tons of people whispering before.

Deleted
    Can always true OQUEUE, I know it's often not recommended for high-level play but if you're struggling that much it might be worth a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Can always true OQUEUE, I know it's often not recommended for high-level play but if you're struggling that much it might be worth a shot?
    That's where I'd start, with Oqueue.

I'm assuming your starting 3s rather low since your having difficulty finding other players. Start a group with you and your friend looking for a healer, over time you'll come across bad healers and decent ones. Keep the good ones on your friends list, you should be able to get to 1.7k - 2k using this trial and error method.

Once you start getting over 1.8k or so, I imagine your search in trade chat will be much easier to find experience healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    That's where I'd start, with Oqueue.

I'm assuming your starting 3s rather low since your having difficulty finding other players. Start a group with you and your friend looking for a healer, over time you'll come across bad healers and decent ones. Keep the good ones on your friends list, you should be able to get to 1.7k - 2k using this trial and error method.

Once you start getting over 1.8k or so, I imagine your search in trade chat will be much easier to find experience healers.
    Like I said, 2.3k exped. Had a pause this season, so getting up to 2.2k again shouldnt be that hard. "getting over 1.8k" can be done with closed eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Like I said, 2.3k exped. Had a pause this season, so getting up to 2.2k again shouldnt be that hard. "getting over 1.8k" can be done with closed eyes
    Ratings are off this season. A former 2.2k+ player may have difficulty getting 2k now. Not saying that will be your experience, but the competition at 2k seems stiffer than it used to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    /g Hey anyone wanna do some arena?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if your looking for other 2.2k players, i would avoid trade chat and oqueue. since its such a small % of the player base, your best bet would be the wow forums, these forums, arenajunkies(if anyone goes there anymore?), or skillcapped forums also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Ratings are off this season. A former 2.2k+ player may have difficulty getting 2k now. Not saying that will be your experience, but the competition at 2k seems stiffer than it used to be.
    i would agree, this expansion there has been a rating deflation.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Is this due to strong comps being overplayed or just a stronger playerbase now than ever?

Deleted
    on stormscale eu you can pretty much always find people at the pvp vendor, so i just do that.

Trade chat
    Oqueue
    Dueling in durotar

Essentially, try lots of people out, look for people around your own rating, be friendly, keep their real IDs. As you get better and get higher ratings, more good people will want to play with you. Important thing to keep in mind is that it won't happen overnight.

It's difficult for me because I only like to play with friends, but none of my friends are really that interested in any PvP whatsoever beyond their daily random BG win. I managed to drag one in for a while, but his problem is that he always wants to quit and refuses to do arenas again for like a week the first time we lose a match. He's loving it when we have a 10-0 streak, but then when we lose our first match of the night, it's "Well, we're obviously sucking tonight, this is a waste of time" and that's all there is to it.

I see a lot of random people advertising that they want to do arenas in trade chat, so that's probably worth a shot. Most of them are just looking for 2v2 farming though.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-29 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oQueue.

Open Raid.

WoWforums.
    ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I used oQueue for arena partners. Its hit or miss. I was healing rogue who couldn't kill either hunter in 2's in a 10 min. match. On the other hand, I found a random WW monk last night and we got the Hot Streak achieve for 10 wins in a row. Its a fast way to find partners, but you never know what you're getting.

Variety of ways including OQ, OpenRaid, guild, tradechat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Is this due to strong comps being overplayed or just a stronger playerbase now than ever?
    Multiple reasons:

- arena is now region wide whereas it used to be restricted to battlegroups (having 2.2k xp on the worst bg can't be compared to have it on the best bg)
    - fixed teams were removed, gives good players more freedom to play when their partners are not on, you see players with fancy pvp titles playing with their lower rated friends quite a lot nowadays
    - mmr system has changed multiple times (rating inflation)
    - at certain ratings you gonna queue over and over into the same comps because there is so much activity (e.g. if your comp stands no chance vs KFC and you are 2k mmr you gonna have a hard time moving up)
    - gladiatorlosa: the impact this addon has on the lower/middle end of the mmr spectrum is huge. If you don't put grounding down at 1800 mmr every time a hunter scatters you are considered 'bad' by many. Everyone knows which cd/spell is used all the time, whereas say 3y ago this was way less the case.
    - plenty of cheating going on with most notably our russian friends (certain cheat software seems to be part of the standard russian pvp kit).
    - every season has seen their OP spec and mmr abuse: so many players their true mmr is way lower than their highest mmr

There are so many reasons why it's kinda pointless to compare rating from the past with current rating.

Deleted
    I've had good success with my official realm forums.

Deleted
    Zenga made a pretty good analysis of current meta. At this point, it's much harder to find good players because the MMR is so inflated/comps can carry players much more easily (long were the days where RMP was THE control comp, now every player has 3-4 CC abilities)/addons can help you tremendously.

You should use something like teamfinder/Oqueue to find a good ACTIVE player and then stick with him, because atm the PvP scenario is flooded with 2k-2.2k players who got the achievement years ago and at this point have a hard time going beyond 1.9k rating.

Make a level 1 alt on an active pvp server and try the trade chat there. For EU, try Stormscale, for example.
    The active PvP hubs are literally filled with ppl spamming and looking for partners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found a lock and rshaman, and we are up to 2150 now after one day. So seems like its still on

Deleted
    OQ, forums or /2