How can I improve my PC?

I recently recieved a new cpu that's helped tremendously (old one was a 3.1 dual core) but my fps still drops to around 20 on some fights in 25 h soo (run medium no shadows). What should i do to improve?

Here is my build

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.1.7600
    CPU TYPE:
    AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor
    CPU SPEED:
    4.14 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    3.67 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    3.65 GB
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    nvd3dum.dll
    DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1440x900

I do have 8GB of ram, but I've been waiting for my friend to give me a copy of Win8.1 to get out of 32 bit. It's been 2 months. I also use a SSD that only has my OS and WoW on with approx 8.5GB left over.
    Last edited by CSF; 2014-08-28 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    To get more, you need to jump boat and get an intel cpu which means new mobo too unfortunately. And then overclock that to get even more. AMD sucks for heavy cpu games like wow. The rest are fine, 8GB of ram is plenty (need 64bit o/s) and the gpu still pulls some weight.

So i would say upgrade cpu/mobo then gpu.

The bottleneck is in the cpu, try lowering stuff like shadow quality and view distance, also disable incoming heal from the raid UI.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think upgrading to 64-bit will give you a pretty decent performance increase by itself.

So a new video card wouldn't help much? I just received this cpu for free so I'd rather not upgrade but if its whats holding me back I guess I might have to jump ship to intel or get the octacore.

Do you have a CPU cooler since you're overclocked? CPU temp can deff bottleneck a system, especially one with a relatively low performance processor being pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by CSF View Post
    So a new video card wouldn't help much? I just received this cpu for free so I'd rather not upgrade but if its whats holding me back I guess I might have to jump ship to intel or get the octacore.
    It would help, but it wouldn't help as much as one of the latest intel CPUs.

No, skip all that stupid shit, absolutely DO NOT get an "octacore" from AMD...you're playing WoW(and whatever else), single thread performance is king here, more cores DOES NOT always mean it's better for what you're doing. Get an i5-4690k with a Z97 of your choice and call it a day.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not really considering the resolution you play at and the fact that WoW isn't graphically intense to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    Do you have a CPU cooler since you're overclocked? CPU temp can deff bottleneck a system, especially one with a relatively low performance processor being pushed.
    I'm using a closed loop water coolant from corsair.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    It would help, but it wouldn't help as much as one of the latest intel CPUs.

No, skip all that stupid shit, absolutely DO NOT get an "octacore" from AMD...you're playing WoW(and whatever else), single thread performance is king here, more cores DOES NOT always mean it's better for what you're doing. Get an i5-4690k with a Z97 of your choice and call it a day.
    I have a 990FX Sabertooth mobo. I'm guessing i should probably save up for black friday if I have to replace CPU/mobo since i only have about $200 at this time.

You can improve your pc by strolling into microcenter and getting an 8320 for $120. If you want to jump ship for intel you are looking at spending a few hundred bucks minimum. The choice is yours, obviously, for maybe 10-15% difference in performance. On labor day the price cuts will come in and you'll get a better fx cpu for less.

Edit: On labor day AMD has new "e" type cpu. They have lower wattage. Dunno if you take a performance hit but in your boat it might be worth a look.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-08-28 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You can improve your pc by strolling into microcenter and getting an 8320 for $120. If you want to jump ship for intel you are looking at spending a few hundred bucks minimum. The choice is yours, obviously, for maybe 10-15% difference in performance. On labor day the price cuts will come in and you'll get a better fx cpu for less.

Edit: On labor day AMD has new "e" type cpu. They have lower wattage. Dunno if you take a performance hit but in your boat it might be worth a look.
    Now, now, let's not start spreading misinformation and making things up in the name of fanboyism.

I have a 990FX Sabertooth mobo. I'm guessing i should probably save up for black friday if I have to replace CPU/mobo since i only have about $200 at this time.
    Sell it, they'd still go for like 130$ - just buy the cheapest z97 board with that money and spend that 200$ for a 4670k/4690k.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D