Thread: Beta Question

15+ Year Old Account

Beta Question

My boyfriend plays WW monk and recently saw some nerfs to the class posted on this site and decided that he's going to quit playing in WOD because he doesn't want to be a weak class (and he still doesn't think that monks are currently OP no matter what anyone says to him). I told him that its just fine tuning and he missed the other buffs and overall nerfs to monk and other classes that have came up other times. My question to you guys out there on beta is how exactly is WW monk in pvp? Are they still pretty godly or are they weak or what?

WW isn't seeing any massive changes. Jab's energy cost is 5 energy higher. FoF can be cast on CD for no DPS loss, but it only stuns once now. No instant cast healing orbs, but that's being replaced by another channeled healing spell. Virtually all classes are taking a hit to their control kit (interrupts, disarms, etc). Our level 100 talents all look great for different circumstances in PvP. WW still has all of its movement with FSK, roll, and our mobility tier of talents.

Those are just mechanics. What can really determine how well they do is how much damage they do. We don't know where WW will end up in that regard until Blizz is done tuning and balancing everything. Blizz has done like one pass for damage, so there's still a lot to be done there. If he's concerned about class mechanics, WW is missing meaningful interaction with multistrike, and haste isn't as desirable as I'd like. Other than that, WW is looking good mechanically. If his concern is his damage output, he'll have to wait another month or two to see.

What nerfs worry him, specifically? If you can explain in more depth what's giving him pause, maybe we can address those issues.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-08-28 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    My boyfriend plays WW monk and recently saw some nerfs to the class posted on this site and decided that he's going to quit playing in WOD because he doesn't want to be a weak class (and he still doesn't think that monks are currently OP no matter what anyone says to him). I told him that its just fine tuning and he missed the other buffs and overall nerfs to monk and other classes that have came up other times. My question to you guys out there on beta is how exactly is WW monk in pvp? Are they still pretty godly or are they weak or what?
    You should probably insult his manhood

Infracted
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-08-28 at 11:41 PM.

TBH we are only really good at 1v1 and to a lesser degree 2v2's - although we haven't been really nerfed too much, the healing changes hurt us more than most, and losing our instant healing spheres makes it much harder to heal ourselves in WoD. Right now WW's are not that good in 1v1/2v2 on beta, and I don't see anything that will make us more competitive in other brackets (5v5/rated BGs).
    Last edited by Gaje; 2014-08-29 at 12:11 AM.