Total stuff around, how do I contact support?

Ok I haven't played Rift since a month after launch. Played Defiance very briefly I think using a new account since I had lost access to my old Rift account because forgot password.

Paypal took out $150 US times 2 out of my CC yesterday morning and I got onto paypal and they are reversing it. Banks been told too. Got an email from Trion about 2 Archeum founder packs that the payment failed for using my old Rift account from 3 years ago.

Seems in the 3 years roughly since I used my rift account its been hacked and so I can't access it.

1. The live chat requires you to be logged in to the account that you need live chats help to recover and get help with

2. Trying to log in or recover account gets "HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL" error.

3. Trion shut down their phone support.

4. Cause I never planned to play Rift again I no longer have my CD key or remember my old character names so I don't really have too much of the required info to recover the account since it asks for answers to secret question with giving the secret question. Basically the only info I have is my name, date of birth and email for the account and email for the paypal used.

5. Paypal says theres been about 100 login attempts since September last year per day on my paypal account which I assume was all via my hacked Trion account and they finally managed to brute force their way in or something.

Hate how many places are shutting down reliable phone support for botch jobs like this as the only way to contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by peteed1985 View Post
    Ok I haven't played Rift since a month after launch. Played Defiance very briefly I think using a new account since I had lost access to my old Rift account because forgot password.

Paypal took out $150 US times 2 out of my CC yesterday morning and I got onto paypal and they are reversing it. Banks been told too. Got an email from Trion about 2 Archeum founder packs that the payment failed for using my old Rift account from 3 years ago.

Seems in the 3 years roughly since I used my rift account its been hacked and so I can't access it.

1. The live chat requires you to be logged in to the account that you need live chats help to recover and get help with

2. Trying to log in or recover account gets "HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL" error.

3. Trion shut down their phone support.

4. Cause I never planned to play Rift again I no longer have my CD key or remember my old character names so I don't really have too much of the required info to recover the account since it asks for answers to secret question with giving the secret question. Basically the only info I have is my name, date of birth and email for the account and email for the paypal used.

5. Paypal says theres been about 100 login attempts since September last year per day on my paypal account which I assume was all via my hacked Trion account and they finally managed to brute force their way in or something.

Hate how many places are shutting down reliable phone support for botch jobs like this as the only way to contact them.
    Post this on the official forums or PM one of the community managers there. They will be able to tell you what you need to do if they can't outright fix you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Post this on the official forums or PM one of the community managers there. They will be able to tell you what you need to do if they can't outright fix you up.
    >_<

Don't have an account I can log in as to post on the forums due to this error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its all over the forums, luckily the card I had on file was expired so I didn't get charged.

According to them our accounts were compromised at one point, and they had your pw for Trion.

You'll have to make a forum post though, or somehow call them and get it through thier thick heads whats going on.
    Last edited by lokithor; 2014-08-27 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the 'Official' Trion stance on the recent, mostly ArcheAge founders packs, hacking:

Let say this very clearly: Trion Worlds’ security has not been compromised in any way. There has been absolutely no breach of Trion’s servers.

Whats been happening is sadly nothing new: Every day, bots obtain user credentials from various unprotected sites around the Internet, build lists of login and passwords, and try them on Trion’s servers (along with many other sites). If players consistently use simple or repeated passwords across different online services, these bots may get access to their accounts. Because of the current momentum around ArcheAge and RIFT, hundreds of millions of such attempts were made from well over a million different IP addresses in the last few weeks, only a tiny fraction of which have ended up being successful.

The team has already started providing refunds and all players affected by unwanted charges will be automatically refunded.

As previously mentioned, this type of issue is recurrent in the online world and we have actually been working on a solution to address this particular problem for a while now. Coincidentally, starting Thursday, we are adding a new security feature to Glyph to help keep player accounts safe: When players log in from a new computer or a place that we haven’t seen them log in from before, they’ll be asked to verify that it really is them logging in, by entering a code emailed to their account’s primary email address or the code from their authenticator.

Trion Worlds encourages all players to update their existing passwords and to make sure to use different, secure passwords for across the Internet. Players can go here to update their account information immediately, including their passwords and login information: https://session.trionworlds.com/login. If you believe that this has happened your account and have any questions, please contact Trion Customer Support as soon as possible: https://support.trionworlds.com/
    To hopefully curb this, they will be adding a new level of security like an extra coin-lock where you will be e-mailed a code if the IP address looks a bit screwy, there will also be an option to 'whitelist' your PC so you only have to enter the code once...unless the IP changes etc

Full details here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4883645

Quote Originally Posted by peteed1985 View Post
    >_<

Don't have an account I can log in as to post on the forums due to this error.
    Create a free account.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...Zzk2Q2wzMW0%3D

Links directly to I cant log in halp.

Click submit a help ticket