Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Yeah I assumed the same

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it will be true. It's why we have to kill him. But since there must always be a Lich King, a new power will arise to take the helm. A fearsome warrior by the name of....

Hogger.
    Hogger blows donkey nuts. Get Sylvanas in there. That would be killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I would assume it's current Mograine. How could 35 years in the past Mograine know the events of Wrath of the Lich King?
    Pretty sure 35 years in the past Mograine wouldn't even be born yet, either.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    You really had no clue what I said, did you?
    I understood perfectly and no demons are going to oppose Kil'jaeden because none of the demon can match his untold power. It took the power of the world tree and thousands of wisp spirits to kill Archimond by oversurging him with power till he imploded.

Kil'jaeden was held back long enough for Annvena the avatar of the Sunwell to sacrifice herself so the holy energeies reacted against him. We have never faced Kil'jaeden in all his might. What we do know is The Lich King Ner'zhul and Illidan Stormrage were terrified of his Wrath using manipulation and building armies around themselves to protect themselves from his Wrath.

Archimonde and Mannoroth were the field commanders of the Legion. Tichondrius was the right hand of Kil'jaeden in their infiltation and subterfuge. Kil'jaeden doesn't prefer to get his hands dirty because it is beneath him but his vendetta against Azeroth is as important to him as his vendetta against Velen and the Draenei. The fact they share the same world just focus's his ire tenfold.

- - - Updated - - -

When and if we invade Argus and destroy Kil'jaeden the Legion is pretty much at it's end and brings an ending the Velens prophecy and the entire story arc of the Draenei for the most part. Sure Sargeras may still be around but if the Legion is fallen and splitered before his return his presence is somewhat diminished. Not that I expect us to ever see the titan within the game itself.

- - - Updated - - -

The Kil'jaeden death expansion is going to be a big note for the franchis. Hopefully it's heels is followed up by Azshara and the big bad of all the Old God's the one who eluded capture by the titans N'zoth.

N'zoth the corruptor of Neltharion, N'zoth the creator of the Naga, N'zoth the Nightmare of the Emerald Dream.

These are the big players left in Warcraft.

Kil'Jaeden / N'zoth + Azshara While I welcome future villans like the thunder King or fantastic build up ones like Garrosh. Established Super Villans just have so much more intrigue.

- - - Updated - - -

Though WoD gives us the opportunity to face down Darkness Incarnate Gul'Dan it is a great one that also helps flesh out and bring a modern face to old monsters who terrorized Azeroth in the past along with fleshing out characters established within TBC like Socrethar and the Draeneic Exarchs. Not so excited for Grom but the storyflow is still TBD. Gul'Dan is a far more fitting end villan in my personal opinion.

Please blizzard gods, give me another expansion with WotLK centric lore or something of that sort. i'm so pleased the lich king storyline is not over

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the original deathknight was created by Gul'dan and Ner'zhul eventually becoming the Lich king.
    I can defonatly see deathknights getting some love and story in this expention..
    It's about time the deathknights got some loving
    Last edited by Zaphiron; 2014-09-05 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Bolvar is going to be helping us fight the legion at some point.
    I want this.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MajesticCrawdad View Post
    I want this.
    Sounds like a ripoff of the Lord of the Rings plot. We get aid from the undead to overcome the onslaught of our enemy!

It doesn't make any sense to investigate Ner' zhul in the alternate Draenor. He became the Lich King because Kil'Jaeden was mad at him for not going through with the plan. If Kil'Jaeden never contacted Ner' zhul, and went straight to Gul Dan, then wouldn't it reason that the Lich King may never exist in this alternate reality?

15+ Year Old Account
    A continuation in the story of the Lich King could bring me back to WoW.
    Statix will suffice.

Wrath of the Lich King 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    or no or or or. Grom comes through the dark portal goes to icc. Takes gorehowl to the icecube bolvar is in and he comes the new lichking
    Not Grom, Gul'Dan. In fact I'm 80% sure that Gul'dan is going to be, or be part of, the new Lich King. This is the guy who who created the original Death knights.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Not Grom, Gul'Dan. In fact I'm 80% sure that Gul'dan is going to be, or be part of, the new Lich King. This is the guy who who created the original Death knights.
    The Gul'dan we know as the Lich King has ZERO to do with the Gul'dan of WOD.
    You're comparing the seven year old child of Hitler playing with his Jewish and Aryan childhood neighbors to the Hitler of 1942 Germany here.

In WOD, Gul'dan is a wise and serene shaman who reveres and honors and pays tribute and homage through ceremony to the ancestors of the dead orcs.

He is, as far as I know having avoided spoilers, never swayed or decieved by Kil'jaeden into dabbling with fel magic and demons.
    It is only Nerzul who picks up that sceptor in WOD once Gul'dan has thrown it down for the serpent he recognizes it as, as far as I know again.

The only role I see connected here is Bolvar seeing Azeroth in need during times of great peril and being willing to use his willpower and trusted lieutenants to be a weapon against the doom we face. The Iron Horde does not seem that much of a threat from what I've gleaned so far.

The Burning Legion is a perfect example of something to wake him up and take action. If you can use the Scourge which Kil'jaeden personally created against him and his army in the first place.

But imagine an army of undead rolling and crashing against an army of demons, maimed corpses of Dreadlords and Doom Guards rising up from the throng reanimated by the power of the Lich King to fight against the Legion. That would fucking rock.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    The Gul'dan we know as the Lich King has ZERO to do with the Gul'dan of WOD.
    You're comparing the seven year old child of Hitler playing with his Jewish and Aryan childhood neighbors to the Hitler of 1942 Germany here.

In WOD, Gul'dan is a wise and serene shaman who reveres and honors and pays tribute and homage through ceremony to the ancestors of the dead orcs.

He is, as far as I know having avoided spoilers, never swayed or decieved by Kil'jaeden into dabbling with fel magic and demons.
    It is only Nerzul who picks up that sceptor in WOD once Gul'dan has thrown it down for the serpent he recognizes it as, as far as I know again.

The only role I see connected here is Bolvar seeing Azeroth in need during times of great peril and being willing to use his willpower and trusted lieutenants to be a weapon against the doom we face. The Iron Horde does not seem that much of a threat from what I've gleaned so far.

The Burning Legion is a perfect example of something to wake him up and take action. If you can use the Scourge which Kil'jaeden personally created against him and his army in the first place.

But imagine an army of undead rolling and crashing against an army of demons, maimed corpses of Dreadlords and Doom Guards rising up from the throng reanimated by the power of the Lich King to fight against the Legion. That would fucking rock.
    You swapped Gul'dan and Ner'zhul. In our timeline Ner'zhul was contacted by Kil'jaeden and he then went on to become the Lich King. In the alternate time line, Ner'zhul is never contacted by Kil'jaeden.

Deleted
    This has potential to be incredible. Full on legion invasion that us mere mortals cannot do alone so we turn to the one endless force that stands a chance. Bolvar Fordragon and his legions of undead that he can control unite alongside Knights of the Ebon Blade etc etc with players to take on the legion for once and for all

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    You swapped Gul'dan and Ner'zhul. In our timeline Ner'zhul was contacted by Kil'jaeden and he then went on to become the Lich King. In the alternate time line, Ner'zhul is never contacted by Kil'jaeden.

Oh shit, for some reason in my first sentence I wrote Gul'dan when I meant to type Nerz'hul and the rest followed suite. Some kind of dyslexia thing lol.
    I know full well after living and breathing the RTS, MMO, and outside media who these guys are like family. I'm so ashamed, don't look at me.
    Okay, you can look now.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Doez View Post
    Sounds like a ripoff of the Lord of the Rings plot. We get aid from the undead to overcome the onslaught of our enemy!
    Well it would be more in the vein of one of the greatest threats to Azeroth now fighting along side them to prevent his horrible fate to happen to any other living being. Not to mention even if he is a bit bitter because of the situation the only way he can truly die and be free is if Sargeras dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love if they made the Lich King story a minor plot to move it forward to something bigger in a later patch or expansion,IMO the Arthas and Lich King story is one of the more interesting storys in the game,ive actually been waiting for The Ebon Blade to make another Apparance,seems like they kinda been quiet and shy after Wotlk which is a shame concidering Morgraine and co are pretty awesome characters with cool storys behind them,
    AND there is of course the shards of frostmourne, who has them and for what purpose? im looking forward to exploring that !