In search of a new GPU

Hey there I am in search of a new GPU as my last one (HD7870 Radeon) went bonkers.

I will mainly be using my computer for softer games like WoW (WoD will be played as well) and Civ5 (and 6 when it comes out) in a resolution that is: 1920 x 1080.
    These are about the only games I will be playing, I will NOT be doing anything video/graphic editing, only MATLAB.

My current build is:
    CPU: Intel i5 2500
    Mobo: ASUS P8H67-M EVO B3
    PSU: Corsair CX600
    RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x4) HyperX

I have really no idea what to look for other than, I now WoW isn't that demanding GPU wise, as I am not that much of a hardware expert (or beginner) yet

My budget is around: 265$ / 200£ / 1500DKK and I will be buying from http://www.proshop.dk/

Thank you for your inputs! :-)

Deleted
    This is what I'd push for, although it's 10 Crowns over after taxes.

Deleted
    Keep in mind, Matlab can use Nvidia CUDA to accelerate some built-in functions. This might not be a big concern for you, though.

I'm upgrading my GPU and memory in preparations for WoD and will be getting one of the GeForce GTX 660 variants.
    You might want to check it out.

http://www.proshop.dk/Grafikkort/EVG...5-2374131.html

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    This is what I'd push for, although it's 10 Crowns over after taxes.
    The budget may vary alittle, the 1500DKK budget was my RMA from the previous GPU, so I can add like 200DKK on top of it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rolypoly View Post
    Keep in mind, Matlab can use Nvidia CUDA to accelerate some built-in functions. This might not be a big concern for you, though.
    Don't think it is :-)

Deleted
    The best for that budget would be Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X Boost 3GB

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The best for that budget would be Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X Boost 3GB
    Thanks for the input, but the only difference I can see between the one you suggested and tenangrychickens suggested ASUS Radeon R9 280 TOP seems to be the ASUS one generally got higher frequency clocks across the board, I am not into hardware, only a little into CPU architecture from a course and from what I learned higher frequency usually yields better. So is there anything else, like longevity taken into account?

Forgot to ask, but from what I've been able to dig up, either of those surely should be able to keep WoW on ultra settings, right? :-) (Know my CPU can pull its weight in that regard at least)

Deleted
    Yes. They'll also play Skyrim with most of the bell and whistles cranked up, should you play that.