Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question About to insta-90 with professions

In a perfect world, I would have JC and Enchanting. However, if I were to have both of those, would I have a really tough time getting the gems to craft? Or should I just go with the classic gather/crafter profession set up with mining and JC?
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Well if you don't have a gatherer, you'll be buying them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, with JC and Enchanting, you, currently, can turn a profit doing the ore shuffle. That is, you buy ore off the AH (Its almost always more efficient to do this), sell/cut the good gems, and take the bad gems and turn them into jewelry, that you then DE and sell as enchants/materials.

Next expansion? The ore shuffle will def be changing. What it changes into though remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well gathering is also a bit different in Warlords as well since you can have buildings that will produce mats/items for your professions.

In general, I'd recommend looking at WoWhead's guides to various professions and garrison building in Warlords.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Generally, with JC and Enchanting, you, currently, can turn a profit doing the ore shuffle. That is, you buy ore off the AH (Its almost always more efficient to do this), sell/cut the good gems, and take the bad gems and turn them into jewelry, that you then DE and sell as enchants/materials.

Next expansion? The ore shuffle will def be changing. What it changes into though remains to be seen.
    If you look at some recent tweets from the Dragoncon WoW QA ore shuffle is gone in Warlords.
    The new ore is not prospectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    If you look at some recent tweets from the Dragoncon WoW QA ore shuffle is gone in Warlords.
    Ouch, that'll do some interesting things for the economy...

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    wait...then were do you find the gems? Does that mean that mining is irrelevant now for Jewelcrafting?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    wait...then were do you find the gems? Does that mean that mining is irrelevant now for Jewelcrafting?
    You still use ore for the daily, but herb looks like it will be much more used as Warlord gems are all just a base crystal + herb. Which herb is used is what sets the stats.

Hmm, after reading
    http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2479/wa...fting-overview
    Looks like mining is still important as ore is used to make the base gem and ore is used in many of the gear recipes.
    So looks like all is not lost for the miner.
    Last edited by Advocate; 2014-08-31 at 01:55 PM.