Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In today's non-news: Police are immune to offences that would send commoners into jail.

Who watches the watchmen indeed...
    I remember years and years ago, going to the DMV for the license road test, saw a cop when I was in the parking lot, he ignored the stop signs and never bothered to signal once, it's quite amazing stuff, I found it pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Except it's only about cops on these forums lately. How many doctors do stupid things that they should probably be prosecuted from? Why are we not hearing about them on this forum every time they do? What about janitors or clowns? Why don't we talk about the bad things that fast food workers do with your food and they don't get fired or prosecuted.

It's nothing but cop hate on these forums lately.

moron, because fast food workers, doctors, and yes... even clowns ARE NOT PAID TO ENFORCE THE FUCKING LAW
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Cops always seem to be above the law.

More news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    moron, because fast food workers, doctors, and yes... even clowns ARE NOT PAID TO ENFORCE THE FUCKING LAW
    so it's ok for all of those professions to be corrupt and screw up? Even doctors? Do you want a corrupt doctor giving your mother a breast exam?

so it's ok for all of those professions to be corrupt and screw up? Even doctors? Do you want a corrupt doctor giving your mother a breast exam?
    Come on man, your examples are pathetic. Corruption is never okay, it's just particularly focused on in the law because they can openly get away with it.

While that sounds very kinky, I don't think that's the point he/she was making. Corrupt doctors are a terrible thing, but upholding the law isn't the main descriptor of their job. Sure, they lose their job if they don't uphold the law, but that's just a consequence of breaking the law. The police are supposed to be our line of defense against crime and corruption, and upholding+enforcing the law is literally what that they're there for (their job, for example, would be arresting said corrupt doctor). That being said, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, just clarifying a point.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Come on man, your examples are pathetic. Corruption is never okay, it's just particularly focused on in the law because they can openly get away with it.
    My examples aren't pathetic. What is pathetic is that we have to have a new cop hate thread for every instance of a cop screwing up. I mean honestly what constructive conversation comes out of this? it's the same arguments in every thread. haters complain cops are corrupt and people who like cops tell the haters they're wrong and stupid. Nobodies opinion on the matter is/has been changed in any thread. it's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    While that sounds very kinky, I don't think that's the point he/she was making. Corrupt doctors are a terrible thing, but upholding the law isn't the main descriptor of their job. Sure, they lose their job if they don't uphold the law, but that's just a consequence of breaking the law. The police are supposed to be our line of defense against crime and corruption, and upholding+enforcing the law is literally what that they're there for (their job, for example, would be arresting said corrupt doctor). That being said, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, just clarifying a point.
    and every one of you is missing my point very badly.

I was clarifying a statement, so I haven't exactly addressed anything so I don't see how I could be missing any point. And for the record, there's several cops on my mom's side of the family, and they're good people, so I know not all cops are corrupt and that there's corrupt people just about anywhere. Oh and I don't hate cops.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

I was clarifying a statement, so I haven't exactly addressed anything so I don't see how I could be missing any point. And for the record, there's several cops on my mom's side of the family, and they're good people, so I know not all cops are corrupt and that there's corrupt people just about anywhere.
    I'm not arguing about cops being good people or not. I dont' know why you're telling me that.

My examples aren't pathetic. What is pathetic is that we have to have a new cop hate thread for every instance of a cop screwing up. I mean honestly what constructive conversation comes out of this? it's the same arguments in every thread. haters complain cops are corrupt and people who like cops tell the haters they're wrong and stupid. Nobodies opinion on the matter is/has been changed in any thread. it's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is missing your point. When ordinary people break the law they get charged for it. When cops break the law at most they get a slap on the wrist and some paid vacation. This seems to be the point YOU are missing.

The reason these threads pop up is because the more eyes and ears it reaches the more likely someone will actually do something about it. If everything remained hush hush we would all be completely ignorant to it. If you are tired of reading the threads then you have the right to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Pro tip: Veering into the bike lane and killing someone on a bike is a crime, regardless of your level of distraction or attention.

That he committed a crime isn't even in contention here.
    Obviously legal if you are a cop...

- - - Updated - - -

I was clarifying a statement, so I haven't exactly addressed anything so I don't see how I could be missing any point. And for the record, there's several cops on my mom's side of the family, and they're good people, so I know not all cops are corrupt and that there's corrupt people just about anywhere. Oh and I don't hate cops.
    This isn't about cops being good or bad people, its about bad cops somehow avoiding all consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

- - - Updated - - -

The bold is one thing we can agree on, but really is there any other reason to be on the internet other than to argue with people?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    This isn't about cops being good or bad people, its about bad cops somehow avoiding all consequences.
    Well, they have to do something wrong for there to be negative consequences, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    ffs after all this shit I'm thinking of becoming a cop. Only requires a high school degree, gives great taxpayer benefits, gives powers, and pretty much makes you to immune to the law shy of straight up murdering someone.
    Police around here need 4 years post secondary before even thinking of applying... just saying... maybe start there?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Police around here need 4 years post secondary before even thinking of applying... just saying... maybe start there?
    Same here, if you have no college and/or decent military record, you won't even get looked at. My dad just transferred to a different station for a promotion, still had to take extensive testing and evaluations to get the job.

I haven't heard needing just a highschool degree in a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it's only about cops on these forums lately. How many doctors do stupid things that they should probably be prosecuted from? Why are we not hearing about them on this forum every time they do? What about janitors or clowns? Why don't we talk about the bad things that fast food workers do with your food and they don't get fired or prosecuted.

It's nothing but cop hate on these forums lately.
    To be fair, kid toucher clowns makes spectacular headlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Police > Law

All of those police, including the commissioner should be sent to prison to await execution. seriously. piglet criminal scumbags.

So cop 'accidentally' kills some famous guy and gets away with it. Maybe it was deliberate? Someone payed him good money to accidentally hit the guy and gets away with it as promised.