Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Am I the only one pissed off about the 3DS LL?

So, Nintendo announced that they are making a new 3DS called the 3DS LL I think. So, they basically list off all these new features and I'm sitting here thinking, "oh these look pretty neat but whatever I already have a 3DS." And then I get to the real kicker... Since the new 3DS has better specs, there will be games that are EXCLUSIVE to the new 3DS. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Why did I spend all that money on a 3DS XL for? This honestly makes me very angry and will certainly make me suspicious towards their products in the future.

What do you guys think? Reasonable? Bullshit?

It's called a New 3DS. The "LL" is what they call XL over there.
    "Most ppl" read correctly as "some ppl". It's impossible to say most people are tired of something without an actual conclusive poll of the vast majority of WoW players. That's just an assumption based on what I assume are your own feelings on the topic. The minority are always the loudest, hence why they call it the vocal minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it. I already plan on trading my XL for the LL.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Alias: 3DS XL
    It's still a completely new version of that product:http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2014/0...an-october-11/ It's pretty crappy, but it's not really any different than what has been going on with cell phones for the last decade. Limiting certain titles to only the new ones is a bit dodgy, but perhaps it's a way to allow their developers to use the device properly? I don't think they'd ever be so silly to not put Mario or similar big titles on every single version of the handheld possible. As far as handhelds go, it's probably pretty fair considering you can trade your old one and Gamestop will probably have a good deal when they come to the west.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, if it's like the DSi it'll get a few exclusives (currently is the xeno game which i loved), there's still some time (till 2015) to see where this goes and if i wanna really spend money on that or not considering im buying games from the e-shop and there's no way i can transfer my games to the new 3ds (there are no services that offer transfers on my country).

yaaay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's still a completely new version of that product:http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2014/0...an-october-11/ It's pretty crappy, but it's not really any different than what has been going on with cell phones for the last decade. Limiting certain titles to only the new ones is a bit dodgy, but perhaps it's a way to allow their developers to use the device properly? I don't think they'd ever be so silly to not put Mario or similar big titles on every single version of the handheld possible. As far as handhelds go, it's probably pretty fair considering you can trade your old one and Gamestop will probably have a good deal when they come to the west.
    There's a lil big difference, the new handheld has got a better CPU and more/better controls, if it works better for fitting your hands i'll love it, because the 3ds/xl are kinda uncomfy and i bet super smash brothers will make me angry.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

http://www.destructoid.com/the-new-n...o-280363.phtml

The 3DS LL, like said is just Japan's XL.

But honestly, yes, right now I'm a bit annoyed, but I'll wait to see how it works out from here on out I guess.

Although...oh God what if it's just called "New 3DS XL".
    http://www.destructoid.com/post_gall...oto_key=294858

- - - Updated - - -

Also relevant :l

http://www.destructoid.com/the-new-3ds-will-have-an-internet-filter-in-japan-unless-you-pay-0-30-280384.phtml

If that comes here...the filter I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously find this pretty disgusting. Especially after the launch of these bigger games which basically means a ton of people bought the 3DS console just to play those games.

I know the reason why they didn't announce this sooner was because of money, but it's so disgusting to not have announced stuff like this before a ton of people bought the 3DS to play certain games.

Well the "new" 3DS will have the new tech that allows the Wii U gamepad to read the "skylander-like" figures Nintendo is planning on introducing incorporated into it so that's why it will have exclusive games bitching about it is like bitching about Sony bringing out the PS 4 in case you didn't realize the 3DS has been out a few years its not surprising that a new version with better tech is coming out

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, console "gamers".

Post constructively. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-08-30 at 09:00 AM.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

I hope this thing flops so Nintendo learns from this shit. This is NOT okay. I really don't want this to be the future for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be helpful here; if you don't get a new Nintendo handheld within a year of it coming out, you might as well wait another year and see what they do next.

That said, the NewDS series has a LOT of awesome stuff going for it, but the 3DS will still have a ton of software.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Justice View Post
    I hope this thing flops so Nintendo learns from this shit. This is NOT okay. I really don't want this to be the future for them.
    It'll prolly flop as bad as how the gameboy color was introduced :x
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Unfortunately, Nintendo does this often. I hope in the future, they get the design right the first time.

When the circle pad pro came out, you knew it was a mere matter of time before a new version of the 3ds showed up with the second stick.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueMegaManiac View Post
    I decided to go and look this up, seems neat but wish the second 'stick' wasn't some little nipple thing or whatever it is. It also seems like a new console since new games will be required for it. And that is fine by me. Portable console generations are overall shorter than home console ones.
    Just nintendo portables alone.
    1989 - original gameboy.
    1998 - Gameboy color.
    2001 - Gameboy advance.
    2004 - DS.
    2008 - DSi (it is a hardware revision yes, but it had a couple exclusives.)
    2011 - 3DS.
    2014(?) - New 3DS/3DS LL.
    after the GBC, things shortened down to roughly 3-4 years for Nintendo.
    It is unlikely there will be that many games requiring it considering the already massive install base for the original and XL 3DS's. Probably a small handful of stuff like the DSi had will be exclusive.
    Forgot the Gameboy Advance SP and Gameboy Micro

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Justice View Post
    To be fair, it isn't exactly a new thing with them. I do agree it's not great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I don't mind it. I already plan on trading my XL for the LL.
    I have always wandered, how exactly does that work? Obviously its not for the whole price of a new console. How much of the price is it good for?

OT: Not really sure. I will probably get one when I can. However, it does feel like they shouldn't have exclusives for it. Its not really too much of an upgrade to warrant it getting exclusives. However, there are games probably exclusive for it due to the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueMegaManiac View Post
    I decided to go and look this up, seems neat but wish the second 'stick' wasn't some little nipple thing or whatever it is. It also seems like a new console since new games will be required for it. And that is fine by me. Portable console generations are overall shorter than home console ones.
    Just nintendo portables alone.
    1989 - original gameboy.
    1998 - Gameboy color.
    2001 - Gameboy advance.
    2004 - DS.
    2008 - DSi (it is a hardware revision yes, but it had a couple exclusives.)
    2011 - 3DS.
    2014(?) - New 3DS/3DS LL.
    after the GBC, things shortened down to roughly 3-4 years for Nintendo.
    It is unlikely there will be that many games requiring it considering the already massive install base for the original and XL 3DS's. Probably a small handful of stuff like the DSi had will be exclusive.
    You missed a few models there. Gameboy pocket, Gameboy advance sp, and like 5 different versions of the ds. Instead of making a new console they just seem to update it with a new button and charge full price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You missed a few models there. Gameboy pocket, Gameboy advance sp, and like 5 different versions of the ds. Instead of making a new console they just seem to update it with a new button and charge full price.
    And update the hardware to be powerful enough to manage to get a wii game running :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    http://www.destructoid.com/the-new-n...o-280363.phtml

The 3DS LL, like said is just Japan's XL.

But honestly, yes, right now I'm a bit annoyed, but I'll wait to see how it works out from here on out I guess.

Although...oh God what if it's just called "New 3DS XL".
    http://www.destructoid.com/post_gall...oto_key=294858

- - - Updated - - -

Also relevant :l

http://www.destructoid.com/the-new-3...0-280384.phtml

If that comes here...the filter I mean.
    .30Cents. Such a big deal (rolls eyes). Its a way, as that website you linked said, to ensure kids can't see mature content. Remember the fiasco when pokemon X and Y came out and kids misused swap note, causing it to be disabled.

Don't think it's a big deal, but I may be proven wrong if some "new" games don't work on the previous iterations.
    Stay salty my friends.