Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People complained about class homogenization. Then complains when a class gets something unique.
    You just lost The Game

because hunters have no defensive's (compared to other classes) and only one spell to escape, being disengage?
    Plus the casted spells are generally weaker?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    because hunters have no defensive's (compared to other classes) and only one spell to escape, being disengage?
    Plus the casted spells are generally weaker?
    Double deterrence isn't a defensive. Mages have one "escape" spell too, being blink.

I also find it hilarious that som any people talk as if hunters lacked burst, if you go pvp they are among the most dangerous bursters in the game, not withstanding the two seasons were BM hunters could pretty much global people with zoo.

Edit: And I say pretty much on globalling because during the 2nd season it would require one more attack too but during the entire first season you had people pop zoo with spirit beast and globalling healers. Was great gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Hunters have to spam casted weak steady/cobra shots to recover focus, giving the opponent some time to breathe. They are also partially balanced around the fact they have autoshots.

Casters start off with a full mana bar that never runs out.
    Shadow Priests have to build up Shadow Orbs to be able to CC and DPS. Hunters start with full resources.
    Shadow priest starts with no shadow orbs but full mana. Allowing the hunter to go full nuke on the priest. And the priest can't even disarm him until he casts a mind blast.
    Hunters right now are indeed OP. They can't be ranged, have everything instant/full mobility, awesome CC and on top of that being competetive in dmg and burst. They need some weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Each class should feel different, and hunters began to feel like a mage. that is not what they were suppost to be.
    This. Fuck all of the homogenization. They need to get back to class niches.

Deleted
    Why can druids heal, but hunters can't?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    In movement heavy fights, they would be superior and in stationary fights, they be subpar? Idk, but that sounds horrible to me.
    You can always pick MM and focusing shot, which gives you more (single-target) damage at the cost of movement.

There is an actual answer to this (assuming we havent already discussed it).

Recently when talking about the new hunter talent it was discussed that alot of effort went into retaining the feel of Hunters being the Mobile ranged class (and the idea that Focusing shot, as well as sniper training hindered that).

The idea is that its part of the feel of the class.

If you remember except for some time in BC and i think Wrath in which Steady shot required immobility that all of Hunters abilities have been instant cast. The only ones that were not were aimed shot (an opener), revive pet, tame pet, and eye of the beast i believe. Even when hunters had to stay still for their filler steady shots they could use almost all thier abilities while moving. This is one reason, i believe, why traps up until recently have had an arming timer, to give other players the chance to react.

Hunters are one of the most mobile classes in the game, and though its ok to make some hunters more turrent like that I am sure they believe it would alienate a good portion of hunters to whom the mobility of the class is what makes it "fun" and indeed as OP and everyone pointed out, it is indeed unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Hunters have to spam casted weak steady/cobra shots to recover focus, giving the opponent some time to breathe. They are also partially balanced around the fact they have autoshots.

Casters start off with a full mana bar that never runs out.

Those skills were nonexistent, same for focus (and hunters need mana back), when the same situation applied, years ago.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I, as a skilled wizard in real life, can still cast some zaps while running. You all must suck.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    The idea is that its part of the feel of the class.
    Mmmmm... shooting a bow on the run, much flavor, mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    I'm not trying to whine here, I have an Ele shaman (the feels, though) and a hunter myself. I'm genuinely curious as to why it's okay for hunters to be a practically FULL mobile ranged dps, but not only that, most of their attacks are frontal/instant. They are decently close to a "ranged-melee". So my question is, why was mobile lightning bolt (and Fel Flame) such a big deal, yet hunters are allowed to maintain full mobility? Especially if they're supposed to be balanced for equal potency and damage why can't ranged have some non-clunky mobility while casting as well?

Anyone care to shed some light on this? I'm willing to be convinced, it just tends to boggle me and frustrate me as it stands.
    Hunter's have always been the "mobile" ranged class in the game since the classes where designed in the World of Warcraft Beta.
    The other "ranged" mobile class was due to a design flaw with how their spell worked, and that was with Balance Druids. (Running Moonfire spam, quick-cast Wrath, Root kiting.)

The current Caster classes have immense periods of burst that they can dish out to compensate with the removal of constant mobility. Hunter's have had several of their hard-hitting CD's removed since they are now a mobile ranged classes again. They still have burst CD's, but nothing on par to the Casters. Which adjusts for them to have a slightly higher sustained damage throughput.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

People that are so desperate for movement are always free to roll hunter.

It makes sense for a class that needs to manage its own resource and shooting a WEAPON rather than CASTING to be able to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    You can always pick MM and focusing shot, which gives you more (single-target) damage at the cost of movement.
    Please don't make stupid statements about something you don't know. Lone Wolf is simming highest in single target for MM. Focusing Shot is pretty bad, even if Sims show it is better than Lone Wolf, in practice it's horrible to use to perfection because Sims are robots which do everything perfectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People that are so desperate for movement are always free to roll hunter.

It makes sense for a class that needs to manage its own resource and shooting a WEAPON rather than CASTING to be able to move.
    have you ever tried to shoot a bow while running?

please try it and tell me how that worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Please don't make stupid statements about something you don't know. Lone Wolf is simming highest in single target for MM. Focusing Shot is pretty bad, even if Sims show it is better than Lone Wolf, in practice it's horrible to use to perfection because Sims are robots which do everything perfectly.
    Sims only account for highest potential under perfect circumstances in single target fights. I'm going to assume SimCraft and other simulation analytical statistical graphs are wrong on the assessment that the overwhelming majority of combat fights in Draenor are Mobility / Multi-target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

Running with a Bow would be far simpler than trying to run around chanting, throwing blinding colors of spells under extreme focus to cast, while watching other people and giving orders.

Besides, this is also why Hunter's have Crossbows and Guns.
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

Deleted
    Need to take to account that many other spell-flingers have different utility and often much more healing then hunters. Not to mention more damage (talking MoP now, not sure about in WoD).

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post

Its easy.

Though less likely you will hit anything except the ground. : p

And how is the spell-casting going?

We typically have significantly less self-healing than casters,
    *looks at Arcane Mage in WoD*

*sees no self-heals whatsoever*
    *sees no instant-cast spells except for arcane barrage and maybe explosion?*

¿Que?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    *looks at Arcane Mage*

*sees no instant-cast spells except for arcane barrage*

¿Que?
    We typically have significantly less self-healing than caster

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Those skills were nonexistent, same for focus (and hunters need mana back), when the same situation applied, years ago.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I, as a skilled wizard in real life, can still cast some zaps while running. You all must suck.
    God, anything except that! No more Mana! >: (

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    *looks at Arcane Mage in WoD*

*sees no instant-cast spells except for arcane barrage and maybe explosion?*

¿Que?
    I know what you mean, but Mages in Mists had several self healing abilities. In Draenor I can't say for certain what they kept for healing. I know they still have the one where they can burn their flesh to regain HP back, but it gives you a DoT debuf?

Warlocks on the other hand, Glyphed and Talented Ember Tap is still possibly the strongest player heal in the game. That, and Drain Life ticking for 13% a second.

Edit: Thanks MMO-C for the double post.
    Last edited by Arkuri; 2014-10-04 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    My hunter is moving around just fine!!

Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And thus, class homogenization was born...
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”