Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The best thing about this game though, and the main reason I have spent so much time not playing the story, is the Nemesis system and the organic way it crafts its own narrative. One of the things I've longed for in gaming is dynamic encounters. SoM delivers this and is by far the most enjoyable part of the game for me. It lets me create my only little story in my head that I know no one else is experiencing and that I will likely never experience again. In fact I have a ton of fun just advancing the time and watching the Orc power struggles play out.
    You pretty much nailed it on how i feel about the game to, and it will be interesting to see what games that will copy the nemesis system in the future. I also think we can expect a sequel on SoM in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    You pretty much nailed it on how i feel about the game to, and it will be interesting to see what games that will copy the nemesis system in the future. I also think we can expect a sequel on SoM in the future.
    I hope other companies do copy this aspect from SoM. I would love to see some other incarnations of it. If they combine that with the weapon crafting system in Dead Space 3, well then...we got a stew goin at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone still playing this game? I picked it up last week and I've really loved it so far. To me, it's far better than Assassins creed or any Arkham games. The nemesis system is a lot of fun, as is the bad-ass feeling of wraith + human combo moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Anyone still playing this game? I picked it up last week and I've really loved it so far. To me, it's far better than Assassins creed or any Arkham games. The nemesis system is a lot of fun, as is the bad-ass feeling of wraith + human combo moves.
    It's one of those games i wont sell, it's just plain fun to jump in and mess around with when you are bored of other games.

Deleted
    Just jumped back into the game to finish the story, from what I gather I was rather near the end when I put it down last time, the last quest I did was called "branding the warchiefs" where I had to brand 5 warchiefs in the sea of nurnen. Since I've got back though, I don't seem to have any main missions....at all. I know for sure I didn't complete the game last time, and haven't done the final boss battle, where can I view my current story progress and where to go to continue it? I have absolutely zero gold marks on the map like I usually have, are some side missions mandatory or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Just jumped back into the game to finish the story, from what I gather I was rather near the end when I put it down last time, the last quest I did was called "branding the warchiefs" where I had to brand 5 warchiefs in the sea of nurnen. Since I've got back though, I don't seem to have any main missions....at all. I know for sure I didn't complete the game last time, and haven't done the final boss battle, where can I view my current story progress and where to go to continue it? I have absolutely zero gold marks on the map like I usually have, are some side missions mandatory or something?
    Have to do some of the side stuff then it unlocks
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Damn this sounds nice too bad it was scrapped. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...mplicated.aspx
    "De Plater says that at one moment during development, each Uruk faction had its own morale and discipline ratings, which influenced Orc behavior and dynamic events in the world."

- - - Updated - - -

More on those special uruks XD
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/20/786...ous-snowflakes
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sha.../1100-6425383/ This all sounds very interesting, can't wait to see more!

Just got this game and played like a few hours of it. I would like to know how big does the map get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randoman01 View Post
    Just got this game and played like a few hours of it. I would like to know how big does the map get?
    Not terribly big. A couple hours in you should have covered at least half of it. However, there is a 2nd map that is slightly bigger (but not much).

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Not terribly big. A couple hours in you should have covered at least half of it. However, there is a 2nd map that is slightly bigger (but not much).
    Agreed, map size and variety is pretty poor in this game, don't expect a lot of fun exploring. All the enjoyment comes from murdering tonnes of dudes as you make your way across it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Agreed, map size and variety is pretty poor in this game, don't expect a lot of fun exploring. All the enjoyment comes from murdering tonnes of dudes as you make your way across it.
    Well that and the organic narrative you create with the orcs via the Nemesis system.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sha.../1100-6425383/ This all sounds very interesting, can't wait to see more!
    DLC being the End to a game is fucking pathetic and unforgivable for game companies. DLC should be side missions at best, not the fucking end of a Narrative.

Uggh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    DLC being the End to a game is fucking pathetic and unforgivable for game companies. DLC should be side missions at best, not the fucking end of a Narrative.

Uggh.
    It's not the end, this takes place before the main campaign.

It's not the end, this takes place before the main campaign.
    Exactly. The end of the game, without spoiler, is actually in the game. You do what you needed to do. Its perfectly fine.