Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do teenagers have sexual intercourse more often than you'd assume?

I've heard it rarely happened every now and then a long time ago, to the point I'd find it absurd to see fiction depicting teenagers having sex so often. Turns out, talking to some people, it happens a lot more often nowadays than someone like me would assume.

Is it true or not? Kind of sickening in my opinion to think the former but it is what it is.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

You have no idea how often I assume they have, that makes that question pretty pointless.

I hear teenagers are doing it more often than I think they do, but that has no evidence because it's pretty hard to really measure.
    There have been scientific studies that showed that they are increasing in the act as years pass by, if you believe those kind of studies.

almost put a serious answer here, then I saw who was making the thread, wannabe jaylocke!
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    I hear teenagers are doing it more often than I think they do, but that has no evidence because it's pretty hard to really measure.
    There have been scientific studies that showed that they are increasing in the act as years pass by, if you believe those kind of studies.
    And why's that?

10+ Year Old Account
    What up Salandrin.

As already pointed out in just the first few posts, this is an incredibly difficult thing to measure. Assuming honesty from the person participating in a survey is just that, an assumption. I think a lot of teenagers lie about sex. I really do. Do teenagers have sex? sure. Is it more or less than we think? How are we ever going to find that out

Deleted
    Ofc its true. Its when our biological clock tells us to be sexually active. I had the highest frequency in my teens aswell.
    Is it sickening you to know that people have sex? How was your ubringing? good and christian?. Regardless, Im european and our relation to sexual activity is a little more healthy than 'muricans, I would like to think. Based on logic and less on religious (read: unreal) ideals.

Deleted
    Rather depends on what you mean by 'teenager' Theres a big difference between a 13 year old and a 19 year old, both mentally and physically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittrock View Post
    Regardless, Im european and our relation to sexual activity is a little more healthy than 'muricans, I would like to think. Based on logic and less on religious (read: unreal) ideals.
    What is a "healthy" relation to sexual activity, mister? Do tell. Explain, additionally, where logic comes into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    Rather depends on what you mean by 'teenager' Theres a big difference between a 13 year old and a 19 year old, both mentally and physically.
    Thinking more the 16-18 range

Deleted
    You find it sickening that teenagers have sex? You know that 18/19 year olds are also teenagers, right?
    It's different dependent on where you go. In some countries 14 year olds get married and have children with someone who is twice their age. Teenage pregnancies aren't that rare anymore either, Britain being a country with the highest rate in Europe.

Sex is nothing bad or evil, like some people make it look. It's something quite natural and teenagers become curious or interested at different ages. I'm not saying that a 20+ year old should get involved with a 16 year old, but if two teenagers around the same age want to "explore" then let them be, as long as they know how to use condoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I've heard it rarely happened every now and then a long time ago, to the point I'd find it absurd to see fiction depicting teenagers having sex so often. Turns out, talking to some people, it happens a lot more often nowadays than someone like me would assume.

Is it true or not? Kind of sickening in my opinion to think the former but it is what it is.
    Yeah the thought of teenagers having sex is truly sickening.

Deleted
    Dunno man, when I was 16 I was very active, so were nearly everyone I was close with. Not everyone but whoever was in a couple were nearly all doing it. My 1st time was when I was 15 and my gf was 14. I would expect my kids to be active around that age too, all you can do is trying make them understand how to be responsible and use protection.

Please don't use "nowadays" business... People have been doing it young since we were monkeys.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2014-08-30 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    It's deffinetly not like the college movies like american pie. I hit 20 a week ago and did my fair share of sex. But I wouldn't say it happens as much as in the movies. It does for maybe 5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Young teen's 13-16, more doubtful - But 17-19, Highly likely if people get the chance in the right situation. All I have to say is: regardless, just play it safe and use protection. I could care less if someone's 13-90 tbh... as long as it's safe, and consensual - doesn't matter to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    What is a "healthy" relation to sexual activity, mister? Do tell. Explain, additionally, where logic comes into this.
    I think he refers to it being a perfectly natural, enjoyable, thing with no bad consequences when done safely, as opposed to it being a mortal sin that you need to hide from your parents and everyone else lest you be branded a slut, even though everyone does it anyway.

I know it's a generalization but the overall attitude towards it does seem to differ quite a bit between Europe and USA. Then again, Europe is dozens of countries, and USA is essentially also dozens of countries, so the comparison will never make 100% sense.
    Last edited by mmoc0b02ba1114; 2014-08-30 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I was 18, my Girl/Wife now was 19. And no I didn't mean a 90 year old with a 13 year old btw, I meant consensual young teenagers with consensual young teenagers, etc

What is the point of this thread? Go conduct a research study and find out, you're not going to find the answer by posting a thread on mmo-champ.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I lost my virginity at 16, my father was wondering if I was gay, and almost all my friends wondered why also. I actually had turned down a few girls, because I had this personal rule that I wasn't going to sleep with anyone from my town. It was a good rule, and I'm glad I kept it (no STDs for ME!!!!)
    With that said, any chance I had.... I was doing it. Any chance most the girls I knew had... they were doing it. Any chance anyone had... they were doing it.

With that said, the local middle school gave consideration to starting a in school daycare... I'm fairly certain they are doing it any chance they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    I think he refers to it being a perfectly natural, enjoyable, thing with no bad consequences when done safely, as opposed to it being a mortal sin that you need to hide from your parents and everyone else lest you be branded a slut, even though everyone does it anyway.
    That is a value judgement. The relation to the act, however, remains the same. Americans are sexually active on the same level as Europeans, and the fornication rate is nearly 100%. The fear factor is indeed higher in Americans; they happen to be more conservative on the issue.

I know it's a generalization but the overall attitude towards it does seem to differ quite a bit between Europe and USA. Then again, Europe is dozens of countries, and USA is essentially also dozens of countries, so the comparison will never make 100% sense.
    The comparison would be made by analysing the averages.