Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    With the improved Glyph of Stars I don't see how an updated moonkin form is a major concern. That aside I really wish I could try out the new eclipse bar mechanic myself. I can see it going one of two ways for me. I see it as a nice improvement increasing fluidity, or I hate it because of the lack of control.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    In that case your definition of "band-aid" means that every spec has gotten "band-aids"

Most druid forms got art pass (not all, some just got glyphf. Like moonkins) and Blizz said that they'll look into moonkins later. Later hasnt happened yet.
    Its like you're saying "I get candy on 2016 but 2016 hasnt happened yet, Im mad!"

Dunno how you're playing your balance druid, but if you're killing mobs slower than other specs then the fault is in you, not the spec.
    dots > SS > whatever is better for my spot in the eclipse cycle. How else should I be killing a mob? That's the rotation I got from the web.

Also, with WoD, the only druid forms that have not got an art pass since they were released are Moonkin form, mutant seal form and the Worgen humanoid form. Worgen and Troll animal forms don't really count as they were based on the new animal forms released during WotLK. As Moonkin is the signature form of the balance spec, it seems to deserve an art pass. I'm not saying to get rid of it, I know that lots of Druids who started playing after it was in game love it, but I can't see how you can argue that it does not deserve an update.

It's been several years and 3 expansions since Blizz said they would do an update to moonkin form. Instead they add halfcat. I don't get it.
    Scan my code!

Quote Originally Posted by Capp View Post
    dots > SS > whatever is better for my spot in the eclipse cycle. How else should I be killing a mob? That's the rotation I got from the web.

Also, with WoD, the only druid forms that have not got an art pass since they were released are Moonkin form, mutant seal form and the Worgen humanoid form. Worgen and Troll animal forms don't really count as they were based on the new animal forms released during WotLK. As Moonkin is the signature form of the balance spec, it seems to deserve an art pass. I'm not saying to get rid of it, I know that lots of Druids who started playing after it was in game love it, but I can't see how you can argue that it does not deserve an update.

It's been several years and 3 expansions since Blizz said they would do an update to moonkin form. Instead they add halfcat. I don't get it.
    You're talking about killing a mob, im talking about killing mobs. Who cares if X- class kills a mob twice as fast as you do if you can kill 10 mobs at the same time it takes that X-class to kill 3?

I've never argued about moonkins not deserving the pass, Im just trying to calm you down when you're crying like crazy because it hasnt happened as fast as you wanted.

It's been several years and 3 expansions, people cried about moonkins not seeing armor so blizzard added a glyph for you. Now you cry once again because other models are getting a tweak, even when Blizzard has said that they're looking into it. The real problem here is spoon fed people like you.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about killing a mob, im talking about killing mobs. Who cares if X- class kills a mob twice as fast as you do if you can kill 10 mobs at the same time it takes that X-class to kill 3?

I've never argued about moonkins not deserving the pass, Im just trying to calm you down when you're crying like crazy because it hasnt happened as fast as you wanted.

It's been several years and 3 expansions, people cried about moonkins not seeing armor so blizzard added a glyph for you. Now you cry once again because other models are getting a tweak, even when Blizzard has said that they're looking into it. The real problem here is spoon fed people like you.
    Wow man who pissed in your cheerios? Way to make a ton of unjustified assumptions too. I don't see making a comment about Blizz not delivering on something they said they were going to do years ago as crying. Not sure where you got the spoon fed thing either, but hey if you wanted to take a reasonable thread and shit all over it, good job. Mission accomplished.
    Scan my code!

Just tired of being polite to a crying kid, but feel free to tell any "unjustified assumptions" I made.

7+ Year Old Account
    How about the kid part to get started. I've been playing computer games since back when we had to bring our own paper to the computer lab for the chain drive printer. You know, before CRT monitors. Before PCs. Back when the internet was still just a sparkle in daddy DARPAs eye.

And just to be clear, disagreeing with you != crying. Neither does wondering about the status of an update that was said to be coming almost 10 years ago.
    Scan my code!

Crying kid doesnt reflect to your physical age, its more about how you come at the situation.

Disagreeing isnt crying yes, but crying about something that is coming because it hasnt happened as fast as you liked = crying

7+ Year Old Account
    Crying kid doesnt reflect to your physical age, its more about how you come at the situation.

Disagreeing isnt crying yes, but crying about something that is coming because it hasnt happened as fast as you liked = crying
    "As fast as I liked", as in most of a decade? Give it up man, you are sounding ridiculous. Enough time has passed for it to be a legitimate gripe, and it wasn't even the point of my post. You are the one harping on the issue, I made an offhand comment how I think it is lame that they are doing a whole new form for feral. Hardly crying.
    Scan my code!

"As fast as I liked", as in most of a decade? Give it up man, you are sounding ridiculous. Enough time has passed for it to be a legitimate gripe, and it wasn't even the point of my post. You are the one harping on the issue, I made an offhand comment how I think it is lame that they are doing a whole new form for feral. Hardly crying.
    Theres nothing legit about it, its only your opinion that you're trying to make as a fact to everybody else.

You said your opinion about the matter, I said its just your opinion and that theres no reason to argue about it. Yet you just came with "arguments" to make your opinion the "right one".

And as you tried to make it "legitimate gripe" and right after you're saying you're hardly crying when the two mean the same thing, way to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Theres nothing legit about it, its only your opinion that you're trying to make as a fact to everybody else.

You said your opinion about the matter, I said its just your opinion and that theres no reason to argue about it. Yet you just came with "arguments" to make your opinion the "right one".

And as you tried to make it "legitimate gripe" and right after you're saying you're hardly crying when the two mean the same thing, way to go.
    OK, I'll just assume English is not your native language, as you seem to have such trouble with the meanings of simple words.
    Scan my code!

OK, I'll just assume English is not your native language, as you seem to have such trouble with the meanings of simple words.
    Nope, its not. Yet im perfectly capable to understand it.

Gripe: informal Complain about something in a persistent, irritating way
    very much like crying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Get back in bed you two. Or even better, USE THE PM FUNCTION.
    This is a Balance forum, not your personal griping session.
    One day you will die, but every other day you won’t. So that’s pretty great, right? Inspirational posts are hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaze View Post
    Get back in bed you two. Or even better, USE THE PM FUNCTION.
    This is a Balance forum, not your personal griping session.
    Even better, I used the ignore function. One less useless twit thread fu**er in my life. Yay!

Edit: infracted for flaming -- please be courteous to other users
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2014-09-08 at 01:07 AM.
    Scan my code!

Got to say, I love this thread. Isn't Lappe kinda the best Boomkin in the world? At least on the PvE side of things?

Even better, I used the ignore function. One less useless twit thread fu**er in my life. Yay!
    So are you the kettle or the pot?

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    I kinda wish they didn't change us and left us how we are currently maybe with a tweak here n there. I hate having to learn my spec again every expansion.
    There really isnt that much to learn, the feeling just changes due to eclipse system change. Kinda like how the feeling changes when you gain more gear (first/second tier vs SoO tier gear), it just happens instantaneously

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So are you the kettle or the pot?
    Well it is my thread...
    Scan my code!

Well it is my thread...
    Thanks I feel off my chair laughing.

Just tired of being polite to a crying kid, but feel free to tell any "unjustified assumptions" I made.
    How about ascribing other people's arguments to him. He mentions moonkin model update and there you go on your tangent about people crying about not being able to see gear in moonkin form.

Who the fuck asked you about that? He was crying about a moonkin update, an update that should have happened when ferals got their forms updates, and you had to deflect with some shitty argument somebody else made and then make it seem like this guy was doing the same. As if he should understand that they did glyph of stars to quell some complaint that wasn't even his own. You just lumped any complaint around moonkin form onto him and made it seem like he just can't be satisfied.

And then when his opinion or priorities failed to meet your standards, you dismissed him as entitled. Who the fuck who plays a game is not entitled? Everything about a game is entitlement. You feel entitled to get an enjoyable product for which you pay a sub. You feel entitled to be a spec competitive with other players instead of some BC buffbot. The entire point of consumerism is entitlement; you pay for a product and if said product doesn't satisfy you, you voice that displeasure in hope that the producer agrees.

Instead of just disagreeing and move on you had to be petty about it, saying you are trying to "calm" someone as if arguing in bad faith by dismissing their claims as childish will calm anybody.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2014-09-08 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    How about ascribing other people's arguments to him. He mentions moonkin model update and there you go on your tangent about people crying about not being able to see gear in moonkin form.

Who the fuck asked you about that? He was crying about a moonkin update, an update that should have happened when ferals got their forms updates, and you had to deflect with some shitty argument somebody else made and then make it seem like this guy was doing the same. As if he should understand that they did glyph of stars to quell some complaint that wasn't even his own. You just lumped any complaint around moonkin form onto him and made it seem like he just can't be satisfied.
    Theres no arguments that I ascribed, just two things that people cried about and theres two reasons for it

1) They talked about the glyph first.
    2) He cried about ferals getting a new form, which is basically the same as moonkins getting a glyph (It is a new form). He cried about ferals getting a thing that moonkins got before them.

Sure, I cant proof that he cried about both things. Never really was my intention to make it seem so, a mistype from my part due to brief inner rage. I could just go and edit the "once again" part but it would accomplish nothing.

And then when his opinion or priorities failed to meet your standards, you dismissed him as entitled. Who the fuck who plays a game is not entitled? Everything about a game is entitlement. You feel entitled to get an enjoyable product for which you pay a sub. You feel entitled to be a spec competitive with other players instead of some BC buffbot. The entire point of consumerism is entitlement; you pay for a product and if said product doesn't satisfy you, you voice that displeasure in hope that the producer agrees.
    I never dismissed him as entitled, no idea where you got such impression.
    Also, gamers are entitled to only what the game company gives you. Nothing more, nothing less. If you think you're entitled to something more, then you're just living in a fantasy world.
    When you buy a product, you do research about it. If that said research satisfies your needs, then you buy the product. If said product doesnt satisfy you then TOO BAD, better luck next time.
    However, if said product doesnt meet the standards or promises THEN you are allowed to make a complaint. Dont get me wrong, you can always tell others/the company that you disliked the product.

Heres example for you.
    A) You go to the grocery store, you buy a banana. You dont like the taste of that banana, you go back to the store and tell the salesman that you want your money back. He'll laugh at your face and tell you to get out. -This is you disliking the product
    B) You go to the grocery store, you buy a banana. You find out the banana is rotten, you go back to the store and tell the salesman that you bought a rotten banana (and provide proof that thats the case). You get compensation for this injustice (or you're American and sue everybody?). -This is you making legitimate complaint.

Thats how things work.

Now if Blizzards game boxes said "updated moonkin model in X months" then Capps crying would be legitimate after X months, however thats not the case so its just regular crying for something he feels "entitled to".

Instead of just disagreeing and move on you had to be petty about it, saying you are trying to "calm" someone as if arguing in bad faith by dismissing their claims as childish will calm anybody.
    Arguing is good, generally but when arguments are based on opinions it dismisses the whole argument. You just CANT argue about opinions, thats it. Opinions can only be discussed.
    I never dismissed their claims, I actually said that I never argued against moonkins getting the art pass. All I tried to do was to make him understand that crying about it doesnt really help when blizzard is already trying to do it.