Thread: Ner'zhul

Ner'zhul

Whats up!

I was all day thinking, do we see how Ner'zhul become a Lich King?
    In dungeon he dies, and so easy, wtf?
    He's the Lich King, he betrayed Kil'jaedan and i wanna know how he become a LK.. !

What do you think guys?

The story of how he became the Lich King is already known.

10+ Year Old Account
    my understanding is due to the way things went in the 'alternate' universe, Ner will/would never have become the LK due to his (or someones, i may be wrong) wife not being killed in alternate draenor which is what set off the events leading to him becoming the LK and eventually binding with Arathas in our universe.. correct me if im wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know how he became the LK in our timeline. But we are going to Draenor in a different timeline where those events probably never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

So easy? Ner'zhul does a ton of shit before he dies.

I'm sick of people attributing levels of importance based only on the size of the instance they're beaten in. Compare that to Kargath Bladefist, who has barely any role in Spires of Arak, and then dies in Highmaul with nothing else for him. Combined? That is sad.

Ner'zhul gets nearly the entire zone dedicated to him, he causes the death of AU Velen and then also gets an entire instance dedicated to him.

Also we know how he becomes the Lich King already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sancha999 View Post
    Whats up!

I was all day thinking, do we see how Ner'zhul become a Lich King?
    In dungeon he dies, and so easy, wtf?
    He's the Lich King, he betrayed Kil'jaedan and i wanna know how he become a LK.. !

What do you think guys?
    He doesn't become the Lich King in this alternate timeline, long story short. Warlords of Draenor should be approached as an Elseworlds-style title: familiar names and faces in new situations that leave them starkly contrasting from the characters we know and love in the main universe.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So easy? Ner'zhul does a ton of shit before he dies.

I'm sick of people attributing levels of importance based only on the size of the instance they're beaten in. Compare that to Kargath Bladefist, who has barely any role in Spires of Arak, and then dies in Highmaul with nothing else for him. Combined? That is sad.

Ner'zhul gets nearly the entire zone dedicated to him, he causes the death of AU Velen and then also gets an entire instance dedicated to him.

Also we know how he becomes the Lich King already.

Hear hear. Heavily agreed.

I also hope Ner'zhul drops his staff.

I'm sick of people attributing levels of importance based only on the size of the instance they're beaten in.
    Isn't it true though?

First, a reasonable argument can be made that needing four friends to help you kill a guy versus needing nine or more is a good indication of that person's power, and power and importance tend to be roughly interchangeable since almost everything in WoW is based on combatting an existential threat.

Second, the faster somebody dies the less important they are to the story being told. We didn't kill the Lich King in Utgarde Pinnacle or Garrosh in 5.1, because they were central to the story being told. Ner'zhul dying early is an indication that he is not. Did he set important things in motion first? Yes. But he's backstory, not story. Seems like a reasonable measure of importance to me.

Deleted
    I mean was the lich king THAT POWERFUL ? Most of his power was in the scourge, not actually his personal power.

Isn't it true though?
    No, its not at all. Because it totally ignores the actual story of the place or the story the character might have had before the instance.

First, a reasonable argument can be made that needing four friends to help you kill a guy versus needing nine or more is a good indication of that person's power, and power and importance tend to be roughly interchangeable since almost everything in WoW is based on combatting an existential threat.
    No, absolutely not. You're just completely incorrect here, sorry. Amount of players in an instance is as much of a judgment of power as the expansion in which they are defeated. By your logic, Garrosh is stronger than the Lich King because his expansion took place at level 90.

Second, the faster somebody dies the less important they are to the story being told. We didn't kill the Lich King in Utgarde Pinnacle or Garrosh in 5.1, because they were central to the story being told. Ner'zhul dying early is an indication that he is not. Did he set important things in motion first? Yes. But he's backstory, not story. Seems like a reasonable measure of importance to me.
    a.) Ner'zhul was never the main character of Warlords. It was clear it was Grom + Legion/Gul'dan.

b.) Even with that said, again, Ner'zhul had an entire zone to develop his story. He is vitally important to the events in SMV. He's not backstory whatsoever. Velen's death shapes the way the Draenei act throughout the rest of the 6.0 experience.

Sorry, you're just not right here. Its an absurd notion to measure someone's importance based on the size of the dungeon they die in.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2014-08-30 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    I mean was the lich king THAT POWERFUL ? Most of his power was in the scourge, not actually his personal power.
    let's just say that in terms of power he would shit on Sha Garrosh and most of the villains we faced so far... except deathwing but deathwing was madOP... The more he killed the more his power grew... and not only because he'd gain a member of the scourge but his actual power... Frostmourne was that badass...

Guys calm down Clearly the protectors of the Vale boss is superior to Kil'Jaeden / Arthas/ and Deathwing combined. I mean check out that HP pool!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Guys calm down Clearly the protectors of the Vale boss is superior to Kil'Jaeden / Arthas/ and Deathwing combined. I mean check out that HP pool!

Hah, good point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    That's means we get weaker on Draenor, because our HP is cut to low numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sick of people attributing levels of importance based only on the size of the instance they're beaten in.
    We need to get this through some thick heads already. Its like the complaining about Garrosh dying in a quest, omg we needed 25 players in SoO and now Thrall solos him.