Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Epic! Duravian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Franpsycho, CA
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    Honestly they should just do a full wipe and then start everyone over again and have them play through the game.
    Yeah how bout not.

    Why does everyone treat D3 like an mmo? Why does it even have its own forum on MMO-CHAMPION? It's a singleplayer with coop and a general chat.
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

  2. #42
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.

  3. #43
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    If a certain thread in the Video games section is to go by, I'd be careful who you say that around.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Evidence does exist that Diablo 3's gameplay allows reward without direct monster slaying and player chosen quest hopping. Blizzard created a whole mode for it in their expansion and even expressed the rationale as to why Adventure mode was unlocked in season play.

    So it is intended that players can chose which method they find suitable for progression.

    I understand that people seem to find the "Miner's Gold" bounty a "cheap" method of progression. And that is cool as a personal value judgment, but unless Blizzard directly alter or claim otherwise the method is legitimate under the current rules of Diablo 3. Intent is for the most part irreverent and not worth player concern.


    The quest is an intended mechanic. It is not and was not changed to operate any differently per these seasons. That players use the quest repeatedly is a meta concept not directly expressed by any gameplay in Diablo 3.
    Whether or not Blizzard screwed up here is based on intent, so if we are discussing whether or not Blizzard screwed up it is still relevant. If they intended for the game to work primarily one way (and given that the majority of the systems encourage killing monsters, including most bounties/events, and they've also removed other systems and publicly stated one of the reasons was those systems took away from progression from killing monsters, it's safe to assume at this point killing monsters as a primary form of progression is intended), and another means of progression comes along that works contrary to their intended design (not just by merely existing, but being so efficient that is makes other avenues a non-option in terms of efficiency)...

    Then there was a mistake made.

    Within the sole context of the game, it's a completely legit tactic. Judging whether or not Blizzard screwed up, at least in this case, requires looking at more than just the sole context of the game. Intent is still relevant.

  5. #45
    The Patient Rexighar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The velvet hurricane
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Gisen View Post
    Theres efficient means of progression, then there is avoiding to actually play the game to get the most efficent xp/min.
    that gets boring. there is a reason why blizzard has the largest and most popular MMORPG in the world and that's because they listened to us and not you.

  6. #46
    Epic! Duravian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Franpsycho, CA
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    Where is the Starcraft forum?

    Better yet, where is the forum for ESO and Wildstar, the actual MMOs? I'm not trying to get on anyone's asses here it's just that MMO-C confuses me sometimes. I swear they used to post swtor updates on the front page at one point too, along with maybe even Rift and GW2, but it's all been WoD updates since.
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    The feels...

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Whether or not Blizzard screwed up here is based on intent, so if we are discussing whether or not Blizzard screwed up it is still relevant.
    No, the intent would still be irrelevant. It would always be so- for any game, ever. The only thing ever relevant is gameplay; and it is not so that direct killing of monsters is the only method of progression in D3.

    I do agree monster killing is the primary means; that is evident the major play systems of D3. But the gameplay does also allows for progression without direct killing. No change was made to the latter and as such it is a legitimate method of progression under the current rules of D3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Where is the Starcraft forum?
    Isn't there one? I was unaware Starcraft lacked a forum.

    I am not a moderator of the Blizzard games.

    Better yet, where is the forum for ESO and Wildstar, the actual MMOs?
    The policy as told to me was that a megathread has to show large enough, consistent enough and voluminous enough activity to go from megathread to subforum. The admins may not have seen that level of activity in the ESO and Wildstar thread yet.

    Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm have their own forums. D3 too, of course.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-08-31 at 09:20 PM.

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    438
    People said vehemently they weren't gonna use this method of getting XP. Players used it anyways. There's your problem.

  10. #50
    Epic! Duravian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Franpsycho, CA
    Posts
    1,693
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nline/page1475

    Fifteen hundred pages isn't enough to warrant a subforum?

    Wildstar has a 2000+ post megathread.

    Starcraft II does not have a subforum, but it has a 200+ post Megathread.
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nline/page1475

    Fifteen hundred pages isn't enough to warrant a subforum?

    Wildstar has a 2000+ post megathread.

    Starcraft II does not have a subforum, but it has a 200+ post Megathread.
    Probably not! The moderators & admins haven't deemed those discussion threads active enough for whatever reason yet.

    But we should be talking Diablo 3 here really. To answer your question above more directly; I think D3 being "treated like an MMO" is a mostly biased view. Perhaps because users of this forum and the official forums are heavily entrenched in the modus and expectations of that genre due to ancillary Blizzard products.

    Consider as well a large amount of D3 players got the game via World of Warcraft promotion for a year-long subscription.

    In a wider sense I do not notice the trend of D3 being "MMO-like" on other sites and discussion groups. Though it is possible that the MMO genre has also reached a point in saturation whereby players do have a conception of the operation of online games with saved progression adhering to certain expectations inherent to the genre of MMORPGs in particular.

  12. #52
    Wildstar has a 2000+ post megathread.
    W* megathread has little to no discussion about W* 99% of the time. Seriously, spend 30 minutes in there and you will know why.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  13. #53
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,569
    It's been 2 years, of course it wouldn't take that long for people to level up to 70 in the quickest way possible. Games Done Quick yo.


  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Who gives a shit? Has no effect on you...
    ummm actually it most certainly does. People who did this were hours or even days ahead of other people. So yes it does in fact affect everyone else. Thats like saying someone who uses steroids doesnt affect the other players who dont use.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Are we sure there was wide spread cheating?

    It seems like a pretty big accusation without a lot of proof.

    Diablo 3 post-ROS intends for legendary items to account for 80% of your gearing (per Blizzard dev's comment) and 5PC sets an accessible goal.

    In non seasonal play mode it is possible to have 5pc sets within a week or less. Without any real effort too. For example, a Monk I was playing had finished up act 5 with Legendary items in all but 2 slots and a full set. It just happened because the loot system is slanted toward making one feel "awesome".

    Progression. D3 has a paragon system as it's post gearing goals. There is also the meta goal of "perfect" gear.

    A Marauder set in of itself is not too special or difficult to obtain. But a perfect Marauder set is very costly and requires a fair bit dedicated play.
    wow OK i guess they werent cheating. I got 4 pc of Mara, a 17% cold, 10% CC, 98% CD ammy, T&T, a 2600 DPS Hellrack all in 1 day. I know the loot was awful in 1.0 but I dont see how this is any better. Legendary items are worthless. Even if there still was an Auction House nothing would sell because everything is so damn easy to get. I have 100s of Forgotten Souls cause they drop so often. I like grinding in PoE because when a legendary drops it feels awesome. In D3 if I go an entire t5 Rift without a legendary I wanna hit the forums to complain. Theres something seriously wrong if the game throws so much loot at you that if a legendary doesnt drop after a 10 min Rift you think they nerfed the drop rates. Where is the carrot on a stick to keep people playing if they have full gear after 2 days?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    wow OK i guess they werent cheating. I got 4 pc of Mara, a 17% cold, 10% CC, 98% CD ammy, T&T, a 2600 DPS Hellrack all in 1 day.
    I am not sure if this is sarcasm or if you are sincere. Though it likely doesn't matter either way.

    The point is calling other cheaters for maximizing the method of progression is a far stretch from actual cheating. In particular when the competition is based twofold on; A. Meta knowledge 2. Progression.

    Once again, I understand the idea that it may be perceived as "cheapening" to the play experience farming no-kill bounties. Though it is part of and allowed by the rules of the game currently.

    Legendary items are worthless.
    How are they worthless? They represent the top tiers of item. There is no difference in say a blue item being worth more than white, a yellow more than a blue, etc.

    If they had named the item rarity system simply by tiers it would function the exact same. All legendary items are in D3:RoS are top tiered items.

    Where is the carrot on a stick to keep people playing if they have full gear after 2 days?
    Paragon levels, legendary jewels, perfected gear stats.

    Is your 4pc Marauder set perfectly rolled? Do you have the most optimal Paragon point distribution? Do you have the highest Paragon level achievable? How are your legendary jewels progressing? Et cetera.

    There are plenty of ways to keep going in D3. They just are narrow.

  16. #56
    People really upset that content in a Diablo game died "too fast"?

    You DO know what game you're playing, right...?

  17. #57
    Herald of the Titans RoKPaNda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    ummm actually it most certainly does. People who did this were hours or even days ahead of other people. So yes it does in fact affect everyone else. Thats like saying someone who uses steroids doesnt affect the other players who dont use.

    - - - Updated - - -



    wow OK i guess they werent cheating. I got 4 pc of Mara, a 17% cold, 10% CC, 98% CD ammy, T&T, a 2600 DPS Hellrack all in 1 day. I know the loot was awful in 1.0 but I dont see how this is any better. Legendary items are worthless. Even if there still was an Auction House nothing would sell because everything is so damn easy to get. I have 100s of Forgotten Souls cause they drop so often. I like grinding in PoE because when a legendary drops it feels awesome. In D3 if I go an entire t5 Rift without a legendary I wanna hit the forums to complain. Theres something seriously wrong if the game throws so much loot at you that if a legendary doesnt drop after a 10 min Rift you think they nerfed the drop rates. Where is the carrot on a stick to keep people playing if they have full gear after 2 days?
    Yeah I can farm T6 easily and get several legendaries an hour. The majority of people, mind bogglingly, cannot do that still. This problem of gearing too fast and having nothing to do is a problem that exists only on the very top end in D3 and I don't see any way of them "fixing" it. They did sort of go from one extreme to another, but this way is still more satisfying than just running to the AH to farm for horribly itemized garbage.

    I think a lot of people are missing the point of seasons however. You're focusing on one aspect of seasons. Yeah, in this first season that one aspect of seasons was messed up, they'll likely make changes to how certain things are handled going forward. If leaderboards were the only part of seasons that excited people ... Well ... that's not why seasons were popular elsewhere. I mean that's part of it yeah, but that's just one small part of it.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Yeah I can farm T6 easily and get several legendaries an hour. The majority of people, mind bogglingly, cannot do that still. This problem of gearing too fast and having nothing to do is a problem that exists only on the very top end in D3 and I don't see any way of them "fixing" it. They did sort of go from one extreme to another, but this way is still more satisfying than just running to the AH to farm for horribly itemized garbage.

    I think a lot of people are missing the point of seasons however. You're focusing on one aspect of seasons. Yeah, in this first season that one aspect of seasons was messed up, they'll likely make changes to how certain things are handled going forward. If leaderboards were the only part of seasons that excited people ... Well ... that's not why seasons were popular elsewhere. I mean that's part of it yeah, but that's just one small part of it.
    but they can't really change it. what can blizzard do against split bountys? because hc was only 30 min after sc. and hc can't do t6 no kill bounty on t6 because you are going to die there no matter what.

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,861
    What is the screwup? Someone explain plz.
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    What is the screwup? Someone explain plz.
    Blizzard set up a new mode in D3, seasonal play, where everything is reset and it's a race to the top. Many on here are upset that it was done and overwith in 5 hours. lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •