Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Not too late to add this to WOD

Ever felt regret/sorry for leveling up character you rather kept at twink level ? I know how you feel

This is the idea, small and simple:

* Level roll back *

- Paying gold to NPC will rollback your level, your character will lose all profession skill that is above the limit of the level that is rolledback.

- All transmug is cleansed

- Higher level gear/items will become unusable even for transmug (obviously)

- Quests completed, map unveiled and achievements are preserved (so leveling back might be little harder)

Its a simple idea/concept that will make some people very very happy!

Deleted
    This mechanic already exists since Vanilla. Its called "reroll".

10+ Year Old Account
    How in the why?

Why not just relevel? What would be the use of backleveling a toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhyo View Post
    Ever felt regret/sorry for leveling up character you rather kept at twink level ? I know how you feel

* Level roll back *

- Paying gold to NPC will rollback your level, your character will lose all profession skill that is above the limit of the level that is rolledback.

- Quests completed, map unveiled and achievements are preserved (so leveling back might be little harder)

Impossible, you mean. Rolling a 90 back to 19 to twink would make that character a twink for life. May as well stipulate that rolled back toons are stuck at that level permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    How in the why?

Why not just relevel? What would be the use of backleveling a toon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    This mechanic already exists since Vanilla. Its called "reroll".
    oh, the internet never approves

New character is simply NOT the same character, besides imagine if you only want to erase few levels for example from 65 to 60 or you simply want to "retire a character" as a twink.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Impossible, you mean. Rolling a 90 back to 19 to twink would make that character a twink for life. May as well stipulate that rolled back toons are stuck at that level permanently.
    You could level in dungeons, battlegrounds, by grinding mobs, and/or completing different quests than you did the first time around.

10+ Year Old Account

New character is simply NOT the same character, besides imagine if you only want to erase few levels for example from 65 to 60 or you simply want to "retire a character" as a twink.
    But.. why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    You could level in dungeons, battlegrounds, by grinding mobs, and/or completing different quests than you did the first time around.
    Yes !!! cheers

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    You could still level via dungeons, BGs, holiday quests, dailies, gathering professions. Granted it is incredibly stupid but you could do it.

If you want to 'retire' a character you either leave it alone or just delete it. If you plan on continuing to use it it's not 'retiring'. Also, what would be the point of 'de-leveling' your character? Twinking? You can just make a new character and lock its xp gain when it reaches the twink level you want. And yes, aside from having a different name, it could be the same character, if you keep it same race, same gender, same face, same hair style/color, same class, professions, etc.

What you're advocating for is simply and literally a waste of resources if the very same result can be achieved through other means. And said 'other means' aren't that much of personal work, either.

Delete. Reroll. Done.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

* Level roll back *

Holy mother of @#%@#% are you serious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Delete. Reroll. Done.
    If you want to 'retire' a character you either leave it alone or just delete it.
    This is disgusting, i already feel regret for posting here... have a heart pls... can't believe how spiteful this community has become ...

Why.......... would anyone want this?

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

This is disgusting, i already feel regret for posting here... have a heart pls... can't believe how spiteful this community has become ...
    Disgusting and spiteful because they didn't agree with you? Really?

He wants it so he can twink a toon out stomp people in bg's then when he levels out of his twinked bracket he can roll it back to grief even more people with less effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magiktorch View Post
    Disgusting and spiteful because they didn't agree with you? Really?
    Disgusting because nobody ever agrees with anyone for the sake of vain spitefulness, people feel the need to counter oppose others without any reason.

I say without reason because this doesn't effect anyone in a negative way, it only helps and generally it always happen but i should knew better not to post ideas anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    He wants it so he can twink a toon out stomp people in bg's then when he levels out of his twinked bracket he can roll it back to grief even more people with less effort.
    What !!? No, you are very wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc239365cdcc; 2014-08-29 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted

So?

Are you that attached to the character? Then by all means, delete it, and create a new one with exactly the same name and style. There, problem solved.

WHAT?

Since when is "I do not agree with you, and here is why" spite?
    If you cannot cope with the fact that people have opinions different from your own, then stay out of discussion forums.

It's not being 'spiteful'. Just check the meaning of the word 'retirement'. That is what 'to retire' means. You leave that character alone or just delete it. I'll repeat what I posted earlier: what you advocate for is a complete waste of resources because the very same goals can be already achieved in-game. Heirloom gear (which is the BiS stuff for twinks) is BoA, max-level enchantments for both armor and weapon now scale with level (so you can have Dancing Steel on your level 29 twink's weapon). So, I'm asking you: what is the point of what you're advocating for? The 'retired' character would still consume a character slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Since when is "I do not agree with you, and here is why" spite?
    If you cannot cope with the fact that people have opinions different from your own, then stay out of discussion forums.
    so mutch this!