Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyuru View Post
    As a hunter you should have no problem getting into a group by signing up for an event on openraid, but yes, it is a lot less painfull to just buy a boost, but that takes the challenge away from challenge modes.
    Well, seeing the expansion is coming to an end, all I wanted were the rewards; wouldn't have enjoyed working towards it knowing I don't have much time.

people have this misconception that melee suck. they're completely fine. if you have decent aoe then you're just as good as anyone else. people see others say 'oh melee suck so I don't want any' - maybe for realm best times or just speed runs in general, yeah, they aren't the best. but i've breezed through 9/9 multiple times with prot warr/disc/hunter/arms warr/ret pala - it was actually quite easy. also, i don't get it - if you can't find a group..youtube the strats (theres hundreds of guides) and lead your own group..is that not an option anymore??? why do people have to be handed everything. first time i did my cms (the beginning of the xpac) i found 4 other friends that were willing to put in time and we learned them.

Mine only 60k on outlands , second one was 70k as the people I usually use were busy. Took about a week of grinding with potion of luck to get my gold back.

Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    also, i don't get it - if you can't find a group..youtube the strats (theres hundreds of guides) and lead your own group..is that not an option anymore??? why do people have to be handed everything. first time i did my cms (the beginning of the xpac) i found 4 other friends that were willing to put in time and we learned them.
    I tried to do this, and started my own group through OQueue. No one would join because no one wants to group up with someone with 0 medals as a leader. I did get some interesting people too, like the all-pulling-and-ragequitting dk, the slow healer, and the dps that didn't complete it in heroic beforehand.

people have this misconception that melee suck. they're completely fine. if you have decent aoe then you're just as good as anyone else. people see others say 'oh melee suck so I don't want any' - maybe for realm best times or just speed runs in general, yeah, they aren't the best. but i've breezed through 9/9 multiple times with prot warr/disc/hunter/arms warr/ret pala - it was actually quite easy. also, i don't get it - if you can't find a group..youtube the strats (theres hundreds of guides) and lead your own group..is that not an option anymore??? why do people have to be handed everything. first time i did my cms (the beginning of the xpac) i found 4 other friends that were willing to put in time and we learned them.
    Because melee does suck. Why make it harder then it needs to be? If I start a pug I choose those that will give the highest chance of success/fewest wipes (ie the only melee being the tank).

People say melee suck because they generally take A LOT more dmg, not because their dmg is weak, why would you not bring a ranged and avoid all cleave if you can? That means the healer can also focus on healing 1 target, which again gives the healer time to DPS more, which means more dmg.