Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Well, this is disappointing. Best character in wow so far, lore wise anyways, and he gets kill by Thrall nonetheless...
    It sounds like a fact when you say it like that, and i disagree as i am sure many others would.

I'm far more interested in khadgar velen and durotan in WoD(no spoilers please).

An end boss appearing in the next expansion again is something that shouldnt happen. And a lot of people aare annoyed be the fact that they allready let slip we will fight his daddy as the end boss in WoD.

Gromm is a strong fighter. But a really boring lore character compared to so many others they could have chosen. People remember him from wc3 though, so i guess thats why they picked him instead of orgrim, blackhand or someone else more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    The problem with Thrall is two fold.

First - he's a Horde character. He'll always be a Horde character and having him involved with the Alliance has ALWAYS been hiugely irritating for that faction. And he's one that ahs been pushed down our throat for years - to the point many loathe him.
    Second - stroywise, Thrall is one of those who have been harmed the least by Garrosh. Others have a far greater claim.

Between the player factions, the Horde SHOULD be the one to get Garrosh. But by allowing the Allaince to access the same storyline, and using Thrall, I find the questline once again hugely unsatisfying for the Alliance. Thrall isn't helping us...he's kill stealing. The quest is far more satisfying on the Horde...because I and many others see Thrall as Horde. There is still a KS and DEM element, but the idea one of my own is helping me is much stronger. And the story ***MUCH*** more satisfying as a result.

Ideally - this is a storyline that SHOULDN'T be available to the Alliance.....as written. If the Alliance do have to be written into it for some reason, then someone else other than Thrall would need to kill him off. Someone not a Horde or Alliance member. But this is not a story the Alliance needed, especially given its unsatisfying ending. It's a Horde story and should be treated as such.

EJL
    Your 2nd point sadly does not come into this it isnt about "who was harmed the most" It was Thralls mistake his mess. He had to at least correct that mistake now. Everything that has happened because of Garrosh was down to Thrall putting him there. I would rather we didnt fight Garrosh at all and instead encounter him and Garrosh as they are about to duel one another. So we just get to see events as they unfold rather than being seen as helpless (which I agrees is MEH).

The alliance could still view this event but like the horde players should not fight Garrosh and instead watch events unfold. You could give the alliance side a twist by having Thrall go up to the PC and ask them to let their leaders know that Garrosh has finally paid for his crimes etc and thanking you for not interfering etc.

I think at least alliance players should see Garrosh come to and end just as much as horde players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    Yeah I love Garrosh too. He's a good guy, he even save this father in the WoD Cinematic. He don't deserve to die, at least not in that way...
    In the short story Garrosh manipulates the orcs on Draenor to want to war with Azeroth. He's doing this out of spite and revenge. He could have led them to peace, or even stayed on Draenor. Garrosh is simply a warmonger. Garrosh is not even remotely good, he's just as bad as Gul'dan, only in a different way. The only real difference is that Garrosh is willing to die for his cause, I will give him that much.

As for Garrosh not deserving to die in that way, what on earth are you talking about? Garrosh wanted to die in battle when/if he died. He got his wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Was everyone going to die? They pretty much destroyed the warsong clan, and then Yrel and the PC were fighting Garrosh by themselves. I don't think anyone was in real danger at that point and Thrall seemed to just want to kill a weakened garrosh after not participating in anything leading up to it.
    Sounds like this is Thrall's thing, he did this in Cataclysm, he tried this in Panda, and now he's doing it again. Just wait until he shows up to finish off Grom for us, too.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Your 2nd point sadly does not come into this it isnt about "who was harmed the most" It was Thralls mistake his mess. He had to at least correct that mistake now.
    This is a story. Of all the possible actors...Thrall is the LEAST affected by his mistake. That in turn will likely further divorce the Alliance from this story....We aren't seeing Vol'jin who led the rebellion fulfil his promise. We aren't seeing Saurfang uphold his oath. We're seeing Thrall act because Garrosh "disappointed" him.

Overall, I don't think there is much that could be done to salvage this story for the Alliance. Your idea of having them be witnesses would be best, but also has the problem that it makes the Alliance totally passive...again. But this is really not an Alliance story. That was part of the problem with MoP - it never was. But right now? As Horde...it isn't perfect, but I did get a sense of fulfilment. As Alliance.....yeah, the kill steal analogy is just very apt.

EJL