Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And your basis is what?
    No, you've made the claim that a third are, you back it up.

In the UK, the numbers are about 2-3% for people who identify as gay or bisexual, and I imagine the US isn't vastly different, so where do you get your 30-40% claim for the NFL from?

Some studies linked from Wikipedia for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra...United_Kingdom

Deleted
    It's no point saying YOUR OPINION IS WRONG MINE IS RIGHT without pulling evidence otherwise it's all speculation, which I already addressed

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    This is what it comes down to really. He just isn't at the NFL skill level yet.

Anyone know, did he actually graduate from university, or did he leave to join the NFL? I wonder what he'll do now, if he'll go back and finish his degree. Pretty sure he can't play for a college team anymore.

Not to be rude, but what's yours? Links to studies please?
    I'm sure he has other opportunities available to him based upon his recognition, same way Tebow did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No, you've made the claim that a third are, you back it up.

In the UK, the numbers are about 2-3% for people who identify as gay or bisexual, and I imagine the US isn't vastly different, so where do you get your 30-40% claim for the NFL from?

Some studies linked from Wikipedia for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra...United_Kingdom
    I already said im not talking about out people

So if anything bad happens to a gay person it's BECAUSE they're gay? That's fucking convenient.

Your perception is clouded by the people you know. The notion that a third of men in professional sports are gay or bi is plainly moronic, and as retarded a comment as your previous one about Southern chippies.

What you need to do is get out more to meet people and experience more things outside of your very narrow circle.
    Wht have you got against chippies in the south?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    This is what it comes down to really. He just isn't at the NFL skill level yet.

Anyone know, did he actually graduate from university, or did he leave to join the NFL? I wonder what he'll do now, if he'll go back and finish his degree. Pretty sure he can't play for a college team anymore.

Not to be rude, but what's yours? Links to studies please?
    As I said speculation and knowing a large % dont openly identify as either

I am sure the LGBT will be on it in no time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    I am sure the LGBT will be on it in no time
    Most LGBT won't give a shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Wht have you got against chippies in the south?
    Nothing, but apparently the Northern ones are better than the Southern ones, because of reasons that make no sense to anyone who has been to more than a couple of chippies in their lifetime.

I already said im not talking about out people
    No, you're talking out of your arse. Prove your claim, or we'll go with the numerous surveys done that show figures in the realms of 2-3%.

everyone who knows football knows it's not cause he is gay.
    He will be on a team, the Rams just are not the place for him cause they are solid where he would be, without him.
    It was a bad fit for him anyhow.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...statistics-say

Suggesting the % isnt accurate

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing, but apparently the Northern ones are better than the Southern ones, because of reasons that make no sense to anyone who has been to more than a couple of chippies in their lifetime.

No, you're talking out of your arse. Prove your claim, or we'll go with the numerous surveys done that show figures in the realms of 2-3%.
    Have you even traveled North?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    He will be on a team, the Rams just are not the place for him cause they are solid where he would be, without him.
    Some team, will get hit by injuries and he will provide a cheap high motor alternative. Like I said though if not, he will get the Tebow treatment where his "celebrity" as a football player who will provide him opportunities inside/outside of football, among the crowds who support them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and still nowhere near the 30-40% you claimed.

Yes, a number of times.

Funnily enough, they cook chips the same oop North as they do down South! Who would have thought it?

Have you ever been South? And No Birmingham doesn't count as "The South"

Disclaimer: This is all meant light-heartedly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    ...and still nowhere near the 30-40% you claimed.

Yes, a number of times.

Funnily enough, they cook chips the same oop North as they do down South! Who would have thought it?
    Actually each Fish n Chip shop utilize their own method and acquire ingrediants differently... I should know, I lived in a chippy. Prices affect taste too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Have you ever been South? And No Birmingham doesn't count as "The South"

Disclaimer: This is all meant light-heartedly
    Yes, i've had roughly 50 different fish n chips down south and only 15 were nice, the rest were dry/small/bland. Compared to North around 30/50 were nicer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    They cut 22 others too, was it because they were straight or because they were bad?
    Because they were secretly gay!

*tinfoil hat*

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually each Fish n Chip shop utilize their own method and acquire ingrediants differently... I should know, I lived in a chippy. Prices affect taste too.
    So what you are saying is that each fish and chip shop is different? What a revelation!

There are, or were as one closed down, two chippies near me. One made some of the nicest chips I have ever had (sadly it was the one that closed down, but it was because his wife wanted to move), the other is average.

So does that mean chippies in Malta are excellent or average? Or perhaps, does it entirely depend on the chippy and not the location?

Yes, i've had roughly 50 different fish n chips down south and only 15 were nice, the rest were dry/small/bland. Compared to North around 30/50 were nicer
    You said you'd been to one the other day, you've been busy recently

Deleted
    It's no point saying YOUR OPINION IS WRONG MINE IS RIGHT without pulling evidence otherwise it's all speculation, which I already addressed
    in population studies of primates most studies sugest that the straigthness quotient is pretty solidly 90%.
    This excludes all non "standard" (i.e straight) behaviour.
    the 30-40% number is patently ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post

This is the only person who said the right thing and knows what he is talking about. Michael Sam played fine... in fact he is suspected by all sites to be picked up by another team or join Rams practice squad. The only reason he didn't end up on the 53 man roster was because that one position they were already super deep and it came down between him and another guy who both played solid.... BUT the other player was able to also help out on special teams, and Sams didn't know that position....so he was edged out.

Plain and simple...it was a depth thing, and pretty much they gave him a shot without really even needing to add him from the draft. I still feel the Rams broke social barriers selecting him...now lets see if another team can muster to pick him up.