Poll: Do you think it's fair that hunters have so much ranged mobility?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunters and Ranged Mobility

Throughout MoP, I always thought it was ridiculous that hunters can do their entire rotation in full movement, while many casters have very limited capability to do so (Especially shadow priests; I can't believe Blizzard thinks they're fine and I don't even play one).

Now that WoD is coming out, Blizzard is nerfing the movement capabilities of most casters and healers. I get the healers, they really do need less instant casts, but melee classes already terribly overpower casters right now with their ease at staying in melee range of casters and huge amount of hard hitting instant abilities. But this isn't even why I'm typing this.

What really bugs me is that hunters still get to keep their complete mobility. now along with the removal of disarm and not silence (also ridiculous) hunters are fully capable to kite you and do their entire burn rotation without being stoppable sans hard CC.

TL;DR - Why is it okay that hunters have full mobility AND can't be disarmed AND are hardly affected by silence while casters have very limited mobility now AND can be silenced AND can be interrupted.

In before hunters are the only way to get gladiator.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Ranged-Can-t

Go complain there. Plenty of answers. No need to drag it here and QQ.

Also, just laughing at this coming from a warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are archers and not spellcasters, duh.

Deleted
    Wait, Hunters can't be disarmed? Has it always been like that, and I in some miraculous way have missed it, or is this a change comin in
    WoD?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbelly View Post
    Wait, Hunters can't be disarmed? Has it always been like that, and I in some miraculous way have missed it, or is this a change comin in
    WoD?
    Can and always have been able to be disarmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more disarms in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Can and always have been able to be disarmed.
    Good. Now I don't feel as stupid as I did a few minutes ago thinking about all the times I atleast thought I disarmed a hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike the other ranged classes, a hunter's only real defense is movement. Hence, they can move more than others.

No shields or real heals, crappy defenses, and many CCs being removed means that kiting is what they have left.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

Halfway through: "Oh lol, it's about PvP. Don't care". ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously many of you aren't reading thoroughly. I'm talking about WoD changes. In WoD there will be no more disarms. Likewise, casters (as well as warlocks, for the red herring thrown in by Ryas) are getting huge nerfs to mobility in WoD.

Thanks for posting the other thread though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, just laughing at this coming from a warlock.
    This is for WoD incase you forgot already. Kil'jaeden's cunning as a Cooldown, Fel Flame removed from the game, demonic gateway CD increased and distance reduced. Very, very low mobility for warlocks in WoD actually, so I don't see your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Go play a Hunter if you want a mobile class, I dont cry because healers can heal better than me, so dont you cry about a mobile class being mobile.
    Does it sound like I'm crying? I'm honestly asking how it's fair. Being as I play mostly caster classes, Hunters usually faceroll me due to the excessive amount of burst damage they have, so I know it's not a "hunters do less damage than casters" thing like so many people say. And to be honest, answer me this: if you want me to just go play the OP class instead of questioning why it's so OP, why even bother balancing the game. Just play the OP class and let others suffer. That's a terrible solution buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Obviously many of you aren't reading thoroughly. I'm talking about WoD changes. In WoD there will be no more disarms. Likewise, casters (as well as warlocks, for the red herring thrown in by Ryas) are getting huge nerfs to mobility in WoD.

Thanks for posting the other thread though.

- - - Updated - - -

This is for WoD incase you forgot already. Kil'jaeden's cunning as a Cooldown, Fel Flame removed from the game, demonic gateway CD increased and distance reduced. Very, very low mobility for warlocks in WoD actually, so I don't see your point.
    Very low mobility....are you kidding? If you want to see low mobility go play a Shaman. Gate was extremely overpowered pvp-wise in MoP, not that it is getting nerfed it is still a decent getaway. Besides you can also spec into a "permanent"(as long as your health remains intact) 50% movement speed increase, baseline teleport, and you can spec into casting on the move.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it sound like I'm crying? I'm honestly asking how it's fair. Being as I play mostly caster classes, Hunters usually faceroll me due to the excessive amount of burst damage they have, so I know it's not a "hunters do less damage than casters" thing like so many people say. And to be honest, answer me this: if you want me to just go play the OP class instead of questioning why it's so OP, why even bother balancing the game. Just play the OP class and let others suffer. That's a terrible solution buddy.
    It isn't OP. Blizzard said Hunters will have more cast on the move abilities but, their damage will not be as high as casters. Also, Hunters can spec into an ability that removes the cast on move effect but deals more damage. It is simply a way for classes to have a niche but, via talents they can also opt out of that niche a little, in order to gain more damage. Same way locks can sacrifice damage for mobility with KJC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

15+ Year Old Account
    They never actually said our damage would be lower. We do less "OMG THAT HURT" damage, and more consistent because we aren't casters.

You know why we can move? Because most of our shit is instant and we don't have infinite mana bars. And when we run out of focus, we use an ability that hits like a wet noodle to regenerate it. If our damage is lower in PvE because of it, I'd rather be forced to stand still.

They never actually said our damage would be lower. We do less "OMG THAT HURT" damage, and more consistent because we aren't casters.

You know why we can move? Because most of our shit is instant and we don't have infinite mana bars. And when we run out of focus, we use an ability that hits like a wet noodle to regenerate it. If our damage is lower in PvE because of it, I'd rather be forced to stand still.
    He said your stationary dps won't be as good as others but, your mobility damage will for the most part be better than casters. He said in an interviewer the reason Hunters don't have baseline damage cds is because they have more mobility.
    Last edited by shamantime; 2014-08-31 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Yes. it is fair. You wanna have mobility - play one. I said that before and I will say it again....Hunters are not casters. You probably know that IRL you can run and shoot, right? but have you ever seen any caster in any fantasy/lore movie to cast any spells on the run? I doubt that. Beside that, pulling a trigger takes 1/100 sec not 3 secs or less to cast a spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Yes. it is fair. You wanna have mobility - play one. I said that before and I will say it again....Hunters are not casters. You probably know that IRL you can run and shoot, right? but have you ever seen any caster in any fantasy/lore movie to cast any spells on the run? I doubt that. Beside that, pulling a trigger takes 1/100 sec not 3 secs or less to cast a spell.
    I've seen this excuse so many times, hunters can cast and move because it fits their class description. I get that, but does that make it fair? That's what this thread is for. this argument is invalid. Also yes you can shoot and run IRL. If you want it to be that realistic lets give hunters a 50% miss chance if they shoot and run. XD

- - - Updated - - -

That does make it fair then, honestly its just the full mobility WITH crazy burst that really gets to me.

The crazy burst mostly comes from one spec, BM, which gets said burst from CCable guardians/pets. That's more than fair. No hunter spec really applies crazy pressure from the hunter him/herself.

I've seen this excuse so many times, hunters can cast and move because it fits their class description. I get that, but does that make it fair? That's what this thread is for. this argument is invalid. Also yes you can shoot and run IRL. If you want it to be that realistic lets give hunters a 50% miss chance if they shoot and run. XD

- - - Updated - - -

That does make it fair then, honestly its just the full mobility WITH crazy burst that really gets to me.
    That's what you have hit rating for....

15+ Year Old Account
    What he said. And most of BM's damage comes from CD's like stampede and what not. And guess what, stampede is a talent that no BM hunter will take over blink strikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Very low mobility....are you kidding? If you want to see low mobility go play a Shaman. Gate was extremely overpowered pvp-wise in MoP, not that it is getting nerfed it is still a decent getaway. Besides you can also spec into a "permanent"(as long as your health remains intact) 50% movement speed increase, baseline teleport, and you can spec into casting on the move.
    Again, this is for WoD. gate getting very large distance nerf and double the CD, burning rush is 4% a second, such a huge cost its not viable, kil'jaeden's cunning is now a cooldown not a passive effect, fel flame is removed leaving destro with only conflagrate for movement, literally all we have to move around with now is teleport (easily countered by vanish, shadowstep, charge, death grip, disengage, long arm + stun, frost shock root, etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The crazy burst mostly comes from one spec, BM, which gets said burst from CCable guardians/pets. That's more than fair. No hunter spec really applies crazy pressure from the hunter him/herself.
    Well honestly that's part of the problem. Pop all your cooldowns and then just double deter while your pets do all the damage XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    That's what you have hit rating for....
    Again not in WoD.