Thread: JC question!

Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

JC question!

I just hit 600, and I have a bunch of green recipes (slowly getting blues with research and whatnot), and I have a question:
    Is it worth making any of the green quality gems? Or should I transmute gems on my alchemist to blue quality? I just want to make sure I don't waste any gems :3
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Deleted
    I dont think anyone buys the common (green) quality gems. Since the rare (blue) are so cheap thanks to blizzards market overflow with MoP materials. Guess its gonna be even worse in WoD with Garrisons etc.
    Although when you make common quality gems they have a chance to be perfect (same as rare stats), but that is maybe 1 out of 10 gems.

I would guess that not every color is worth wasting a golden lotus on, like blue gems for an example.
    But it also depends on your servermarket for each color. On my server most gems aint worth using a golden lotus on.

So I dont know, if you need bagspace, make the best selling common version of every color, vendor the common quality and if the marketprice is worth it, AH the perfect/rare ones. Otherwise keep your green in the hopes that they get more value in WoD if people want to level JC. Dont know about that though.
    Last edited by mmocd7919f6051; 2014-09-02 at 01:17 AM.

I'd honestly take your uncommon(green) raw gems and transmute them to primal diamonds. Either sell the diamonds or cut them into some of the more popular meta cuts.

Selling the raw ones might be quicker, since people need 5x to purchase copies of the legendary meta gem.

As for WoD, with a level 3 building its still gonna take days to get the one of the greater stat gems, as they take 50x of the Taladite crystals, which are not a prospectable gem. You can make some on a 24h CD, then you can get more through work orders, but it will still take you at least 2 days to make one rare gem. To say nothing of some of the other patterns.

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=115524#reagent-for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion Vaergrim View Post
    I just hit 600, and I have a bunch of green recipes (slowly getting blues with research and whatnot), and I have a question:
    Is it worth making any of the green quality gems? Or should I transmute gems on my alchemist to blue quality? I just want to make sure I don't waste any gems :3
    What I've found is that the green quality gems you can usually get for a gold a piece, a jewellers setting is 1 gold and 40 silver.

Make the neck piece or ring and sell it for an easy 4-5 gold profit each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Verrayne View Post
    What I've found is that the green quality gems you can usually get for a gold a piece, a jewellers setting is 1 gold and 40 silver.

Make the neck piece or ring and sell it for an easy 4-5 gold profit each time.
    That is a good option as well, depending on your servers market for uncommon items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    I'd honestly take your uncommon(green) raw gems and transmute them to primal diamonds. Either sell the diamonds or cut them into some of the more popular meta cuts.
    This is what I do. I only sell cut versions, and only the Agile, Austere, Burning, Ember, Reverberating and Revitalizing varieties.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    This is what I do. I only sell cut versions, and only the Agile, Austere, Burning, Ember, Reverberating and Revitalizing varieties.
    Uncut seem to sell better on my server. Cuts are undercut to hell. I've seen the price fluctuate by 2-300g in a few hours after I put 2-3 gems in. Not worth the hassle.