Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Casters had almost no mobility in classic/BC and it was fine. It will be fine again.

However I'm concerned about the inconsistence I see in this regard. For example disc priests have practically nothing to cast on the move (except for PWS), while holy priests have multiple things: pws, renew, coh, holy words. Most trash pulls can be healed while running non stop as hpriest. Trees also still seem to be pretty mobile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Shadow priest here, what is this moving thing you talk about?
    Frost mages would like to know this too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casters managed fine in Cataclysm and before. They will be fine now.

I don't think it will be that bad. Some fights are better for melees - some better for casters. What's the deal with it? So there won't be anything about better melees next expansion because where will be fights when you have to run as a melee, too, and have to work to be in melee range again in time. You can't have a 100% uptime in every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Casters had almost no mobility in classic/BC and it was fine. It will be fine again.

However I'm concerned about the inconsistence I see in this regard. For example disc priests have practically nothing to cast on the move (except for PWS), while holy priests have multiple things: pws, renew, coh, holy words. Most trash pulls can be healed while running non stop as hpriest. Trees also still seem to be pretty mobile.
    Disc Priests' #1 source of healing output in WoD is Holy Nova, which can be spammed while moving. They won't have any issues. Plus, they can always just go Holy if the fight really requires non stop mobility to that extent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Disc Priests' #1 source of healing output in WoD is Holy Nova, which can be spammed while moving.
    HN is quite worthless outside of "lots of people clumped up" situations. That doesn't happen a lot outside of some raid encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklr View Post
    It will turn out fine. Good players will learn and adapt and it will be same old same old for them. Bad players will run to the forums and complain that their classes are broken.
    pretty much

/thread..

Lone Wolf Hunter says hi. What is this "Standing Still" you talk about ?

It's a bit jarring not being able to cast spells on the move you're used to casting but other than that it's not the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Last i looked, moving an inch still interrupts your cast. You might just be able to fit it in between two casts or an instant.
    Well yeah, it won't mess up your DPS so that's why it doesn't matter.

Oh wow, you have to move in WoW? I heard Blizz said that to satisfy the growing lazyness of the playerbase in WoW, for WoD they are implementing instances with bosses that are dummies, just so mages don't have to use WASD.

What is your problem with not being able to cast on the move? This is an absolutely fair trade for the amount of dps all affected classes are supposed to be able to output.
    Then again, you should be able to perform competitively in all situations, as long as you know your class. Okay, some encounters might force you to drop down, but this just means you have more important job for this specific encounter than just standing like a fucking zombie, spamming your 3 abilities.

Most recent examples - MoP - SoO - Garrosh engineers, Blackfuse belts, etc.

I never knew that casters are supposed to be able to cast on the move. Then again, until I came back a month ago, after not playing for the past 3 years, I couldn't realize the player base has become extremely lazy and expecting that Blizz will do everything to simplify their already extremely simple playstyle in order to get their cherished prplz.

In Vanilla/BC stopping for casting was absolutely normal and casters were still 100% competitive with the melees. Stop moaning and learn how to enjoy your class in every situation, rather than crying for help when you have to actually pay attention.

Oh, and about the hunters - the Steady Aim talent is back, which means when its spec becomes viable again, like in Cata(most likely it will be top dps of the three), hunters, too, will have to stand still. My main is a hunter. Do you see me crying, that I have to stand still?

HN is quite worthless outside of "lots of people clumped up" situations. That doesn't happen a lot outside of some raid encounters.
    It actually only need 5 people within 12 yards to reach full effectiveness. That isn't "lots of people clumped up", and is perfectly usable in 99% of all raid situations, especially now with raid size standardized at 20. It has the same range as Healing Rain and Efflo, and those are worth dropping in almost all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Wait, casters now actually need to stand still to cast?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

^

All the while melee are penalized for being melee. It is actually hilarious to hear ranged complain about ANYTHING.

How often did you move on a raid encounter in Classic/BC?

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Encounters were designed that way because casters couldn't move while casting. You're confusing cause and effect.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Encounters were designed that way because casters couldn't move while casting. You're confusing cause and effect.
    It's not like all casters can move while casting on live.

Look at poor shadow priests.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    It was proportionate to the amount of abilities you could use on the move at that time. As it has and will always be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    It's not like all casters can move while casting on live.

Look at poor shadow priests.
    Clarity of Power says hi.

PvE and movement :'3

More worried about the PvP side atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    What part of live do you not understand?
    Mocking you for talking about live in a WoD thread. Get the bigger picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    You can still work around it. Save Conflag charges, drop Rain of Fire for some Embers and plan your movement properly.
    Using rain of fire on single target is the equivalent to a warrior using whirlwind on single target. It doesn't work and is a waste of a global. Besides, Blizzard killed RoF's ember regen after ToT when they removed it from the single target rotation; a change I never want to see enforced or encouraged ever again.

As far as I am concerned, destro is dead and demo will be (hopefully) the go to spec because of its mobility.

So yeah it won't really work.

It would be like an arcane mage popping arcane explosion while moving because it's something. :P